Frobby

Grayson Rodriguez 2018

52 minutes ago, Rene88 said:

It’s not him I don’t have faith in. There were 3 stud pitchers we passed on. We picked a no hit/all glove SS with the 1st round supplemental. I have zero faith in this org’s judgement.

It just baffles me how anyone who has paid any attention at all to MLB prospects over a period of time could make a statement like this. Pretty foolish, and almost guaranteed to look really silly in time, regardless of Grayson's progression.

3 hours ago, Rene88 said:

It’s not him I don’t have faith in. There were 3 stud pitchers we passed on. We picked a no hit/all glove SS with the 1st round supplemental. I have zero faith in this org’s judgement.

Kind’ve a meaningless side note, but Matthew Liberatore (who was drafted no. 16 and who many here wanted over Rodriguez) pitched against the GCL O’s today, throwing 1.2 innings.    In the first, he allowed a leadoff single, made an errant pickoff throw that advanced the runner to 2B, walked the no. 2 batter, then induced a DP grounder that advanced the lead runner to 3B, and that runner then scored on a passed ball.    In the second, he allowed a walk and an HBP before being pulled with two outs in the inning.    So, not exactly smooth sailing for Mr. Liberatore in his debut.   

5 hours ago, glenn__davis said:

Don't really get why Rodriguez is limited to 1 inning while fellow high schooler Drew Rom has gone 4 innings in each of his first 2 starts.  I'm all about monitoring innings and taking it easy if necessary but it's not like that helped Harvey and Bundy prevent injury.

Interestingly, our no. 18 pick, Jake Zebron, also just out of high school, has pitched 6.0 and 5.1 innings in his two outings (5.1 innings, 3 hits, 0 runs today).

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, DRJacobs said:

I am new here, but seems like an odd way to keep cusotmers around. I guess posting on internet message boards is more hip with the youngsters than I thought.

That guy who was suspeneded was in his mid 40's. We have all sorts of ages here. I'm 20, of course

27 minutes ago, DRJacobs said:

I am new here, but seems like an odd way to keep cusotmers around. I guess posting on internet message boards is more hip with the youngsters than I thought.

It’s how Tony and company have kept a very reputable Message Board/Business going for over 20 years. 

1 hour ago, Frobby said:

Interestingly, our no. 18 pick, Jake Zebron, also just out of high school, has pitched 6.0 and 5.1 innings in his two outings (5.1 innings, 3 hits, 0 runs today).

I certainly agree with your earlier post that every situation is different, just seems to me like we're always going easy on the top guys and not sure why that would be.

16 minutes ago, DRJacobs said:

Interesting. I thought there was some sense of privacy with the information we gave at registration. I guess not? Can I post another member's address?

No. He's stated how he remembers seeing Cal growing up in the days before camden yards and growing up in the 70's and 80's. After having conversations with people, you get to find out how old they are and stuff like that. There is a sense of privacy, but some people like to get personal. 

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, DRJacobs said:

Interesting. I thought there was some sense of privacy with the information we gave at registration. I guess not? Can I post another member's address?

Not if you choose to PUBLISH your birth date on your profile, as the user in question has done. 

• Upvote 2

30 minutes ago, DRJacobs said:

I am sure the numerous banner advertistments for his wife doesn't hurt the situation any either.

Why the hostility?    The fact that this board is moderated and people can get suspended for breaking board rules is one of the positives about the board.    I used to post on an unmoderated AOL board and eventually it just deteriorated into a never ending exchange of insults and profanity.   I don’t always agree with every decision the moderators make here, but I’d much rather have the moderation than not.     

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 2

47 minutes ago, DRJacobs said:

I am sure the numerous banner advertistments for his wife doesn't hurt the situation any either.

This board does a pretty good job of policing itself even without the moderators.  

Just look at the Machado threads or any really any thread and see earnest posters expressing and discussing opinions without the name calling, insults, etc.  This board can sometimes get a little spicy with discussion, but this site keeps the riff-raff out far better than any site I participate in.  

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, DRJacobs said:

You should take your baloney somewhere else. 

14 hours ago, DRJacobs said:

Rene88 alter ego account?  

Back to Grayson, I’m excited to see what this kid can do, loved his personality in his signing day interview with Palmer and Thorne.  

• Haha 1