Tony-OH

LHP John Means is ready for his opportunity

Will Means's 2.76 ERA and five years of remaining team control make him a trade target, or will his .4.04 FIP scare off teams looking for pitching?

25 minutes ago, mdbdotcom said:

Will Means's 2.76 ERA and five years of remaining team control make him a trade target, or will his .4.04 FIP scare off teams looking for pitching?

Considering that 4.52 FIP is league average among AL qualifiers, I doubt the 4.04 FIP would scare anyone away.    It would just dampen their enthusiasm.   

Such a shame he did not get his chance in the All Star Game. He definitely earned it and is a long shot to be a repeat selection.

Now we can only hope he continues to be excellent and gets another shot in the future.

He’s officially in annals of Oriole All-Stardom, along with the BRob/Mora/Tejada infield, Flat Breezy, Cito Gaston, and Ty Wigginton.

• Upvote 1

Alex Cora can kiss my behind. Who cares about extras, do they even still go to extras? Why? Just say I'm out of pitchers we forfeit and smile and shake hands. It's fun! Cora literally has one job tonight and that's to get everyone in the game. That's it! He could drink beers the whole game as long as he does that. Such a joke and disappointing. We changed his schedule around so he could pitch. Hopefully Means keeps pitching well against his underperforming team and sends him a get well soon card when he's fired this off-season. He's 9 games back from the Yankees with half that team injured. Loser

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Enjoy Terror said:

He’s officially in annals of Oriole All-Stardom, along with the BRob/Mora/Tejada infield, Flat Breezy, Cito Gaston, and Ty Wigginton.

I don’t know if he rises to the “Cito Gaston” level just yet

47 minutes ago, scbalt52 said:

Alex Cora can kiss my behind. Who cares about extras, do they even still go to extras? Why? Just say I'm out of pitchers we forfeit and smile and shake hands. It's fun! Cora literally has one job tonight and that's to get everyone in the game. That's it! He could drink beers the whole game as long as he does that. Such a joke and disappointing. We changed his schedule around so he could pitch. Hopefully Means keeps pitching well against his underperforming team and sends him a get well soon card when he's fired this off-season. He's 9 games back from the Yankees with half that team injured. Loser

If you have 15 pitchers you can't get everyone in the game. If Means keeps pitching like he has this year eventually he will get in a game.

31 minutes ago, AceKing said:

I don’t know if he rises to the “Cito Gaston” level just yet

Couple levels below because Moose was (I think) our only rep but the biggest thing was because it was at OUR HOUSE! :mad:

I can't believe how much that STILL pisses me off! Cito SUX!

• Upvote 1

On 6/10/2019 at 3:39 PM, mdbdotcom said:

We aren't trading Means.  Why would you think that is even a possibility?

1 minute ago, atomic said:

If you have 15 pitchers you can't get everyone in the game. If Means keeps pitching like he has this year eventually he will get in a game.

A PLAYOFF game! :awesome:

8 minutes ago, scOtt said:

Couple levels below because Moose was (I think) our only rep but the biggest thing was because it was at OUR HOUSE! :mad:

I can't believe how much that STILL pisses me off! Cito SUX!

Yeah the Camden Yards thing plus Mussina had just come off an 18 win season the year before.  He should have been in the game

But they only had 4 starters pitch in that game.  The eventual 1, 2 and 4 in the Cy Young vote pitched.  Mark Langston was the other starter and he had a better year than Mussina that year.   I guess with everyone going 1 inning now he they get a lot more guys in. 

Just now, atomic said:

Yeah the Camden Yards thing plus Mussina had just come off an 18 win season the year before.  He should have been in the game

But they only had 4 starters pitch in that game.  The eventual 1, 2 and 4 in the Cy Young vote pitched.  Mark Langston was the other starter and he had a better year than Mussina that year.   I guess with everyone going 1 inning now he they get a lot more guys in. 

They upped the roster to 30 too, didn't they? Or maybe it's even more, idk.

All because of THIS tie game...

CluelessBud.jpg

One of my FAVORITE pictures in my whole collection! rofl!!!

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, scOtt said:

They upped the roster to 30 too, didn't they? Or maybe it's even more, idk.

All because of THIS tie game...

CluelessBud.jpg

One of my FAVORITE pictures in my whole collection! rofl!!!

They should just limit the game to 9 innings.  I see nothing wrong with a tie in an All-Star game.  

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, atomic said:

They should just limit the game to 9 innings.  I see nothing wrong with a tie in an All-Star game.  

I agree. The game does't mean anything. For a couple years it was for home field advantage for the next All-Star game but even THAT doesn't mean anything because it's just an exhibition game. Just slightly north of a ST game.