Greg Pappas

Britton Trade Expectations

Britton Trade Expectations  

119 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. What trade return do you expect for Zach Britton?

• The return will be outstanding
    • The return will be solid
    • The return will be merely decent
    • The return will comparable to Colin Moran: low OBP, below average power, poor fielder with a limited future in MLB
    • The return will be worse than Colin Moran
    • The Orioles will not trade Britton and will not receive a compensation pick since there is no chance they will QO him.

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 7/20/2018 at 03:59

5 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

I’m thinking DD is finally getting a chance to show what he can do. He built us up and the. Buck and Brady had their say in big time contracts that doomed us. In DD I trust. 

With the way DD is dealing I’d trust him to trade Gausman, Givens, Schoop, plus the free agents. 

I'm leaning the same direction as you. I think with everything I've read about power struggles and some of the nonsense that has been going on, I'm really interested in seeing Dan Duquette being given reigns to build this team. Hopefully he gets the chance to get involved in the international market and get to operate like a modern franchise. I'm not pulling Duquette to the side and saying this team is bad because of Brady and Buck alone, but I want to succeed or fail knowing that this was the vision of the club, not a product of conflicting voices and factions behind the scenes. 

I'm looking forward to seeing these guys out there. Hopefully we keep stocking up. 

Just now, Roll Tide said:

R U Kidding?????

Mlb network has it as being completed on their headlines. This is puzzling.

• Upvote 1

Just now, awannabegeek said:

My point is, I don't see this is not rebuilding. They both have six years of control and are still young.  Rebuild doesn't really mean you get a bunch of 19-year-olds.  You try to get cost-controlled young talent.  

Tate is that. Carroll I would actually like to see pitch in the majors ASAP, get him a resume and trade him next year. 

Yeah it's still a rebuild.  Just notice that all five pieces from the Machado deal are in AA or higher.  Now these pieces will also be AA or higher.  It's the top of the minors that got stocked, not the bottom.  So I can see a plan where the Orioles expect to compete in say 2020, 2021 at the latest.

1 minute ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Who is the next domino to fall?  Onto the next one. Gausman?  Jones?  Brach?  Valencia?  Schoop?  Givens?  Cashner?

My guess:

Gausman

Jones

Valencia

Dark Horse: Cashner

I think Givens/Bundy/Schoop stay until offseason.

Just now, Rene88 said:

Mlb network has it as being completed on their headlines. This is puzzling.

Maybe to say goodbye to his teammates? That's all I can think of, maybe has some of his stuff out there as well.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

Talk about a terrible parting prize.

well he just drew a walk. watch out! crush is back!!

1 minute ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Well the fact that we’re pushing out a potential closer that throws high 90s with sink speaks volumes about the improvements. I think Pop is still in the top 30. But hopefully Preston Palmiero is out. The farm system has drastically improved the last week. 

No doubt the farm system is well on its way. Just a couple more trades and the Os system goes from laughing stock to respectable. I’m still holding out for Victor Victor, creating a huge log jam in the OF but that is a nice problem to have. Although you don’t see prospects flipped for prospects very often you could see some OF second tier prospects flipped for positional needs in the next year or two. 

2 minutes ago, SteveA said:

Hunter now says Britton IS out in the Oriole bullpen.

He didn't cross the field to get there after the rain delay with the other relievers, he must have gone the indoor route.

Don’t want Zach to slip and twist an ankle.  

5 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Bullpen has a chance to be the strength of our next run. 

Givens, Bleier, Castro, Scott, Pop, Carroll

Well, it was the strength of our last run was it not?

I’d rather have this haul than just getting 3B Chavis from the Sawx. I’m over my top 10” snubbery. We need depth. 

DD is channeling his inner AM with these trades. 

1 minute ago, O's are Legends said:

Maybe to say goodbye to his teammates? That's all I can think of, maybe has some of his stuff out there as well.

I'm sure he is just sitting out there to have one last game with the guys. We all know how tight bullpens are.