Greg Pappas

Britton Trade Expectations

Britton Trade Expectations  

119 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. What trade return do you expect for Zach Britton?

• The return will be outstanding
    • The return will be solid
    • The return will be merely decent
    • The return will comparable to Colin Moran: low OBP, below average power, poor fielder with a limited future in MLB
    • The return will be worse than Colin Moran
    • The Orioles will not trade Britton and will not receive a compensation pick since there is no chance they will QO him.

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 7/20/2018 at 03:59

2 hours ago, Camden_yardbird said:

Not to Hijack a Britton thread but I know we all think that every GM out there now is an advanced stats desciple, loath to deviate from that sun bathed path, but there are some old school GMs out there.  There are guys who value chemistry and leadership, who use their eyes to value defense, and understand the value of a 3 position outfielder who can hit the ball out of the park.

Jones will move more than needles, he will move prospects.

Who?  Dave Stewart was fired.

2 minutes ago, FastEddie said:

Considering the Machado haul, what do you guys think would be a complimentary move for Britton and with who?

Maybe infield and SP?

Best players available.

Just now, Satyr3206 said:

I have a hunch it will be a good haul. Relief pitchers are overvalued right now.

I think they are properly valued given how much impact they can have in a playoff series.

All the  off days mean they can be used pretty much every game.

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, FastEddie said:

Considering the Machado haul, what do you guys think would be a complimentary move for Britton and with who?

Maybe infield and SP?

Astros  Alacala/Perez/Martin/Armenteros and Arauz. (SP & SS)

Phillies  Romero/Suarez/De Los Santos and Irvin or .Maton.       (SP & SP or SS)

Dodgers Smith and Gonsolin (c , and SP)

im hoping for a 3rd player that's a lottery ticket.

8 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I think they are properly valued given how much impact they can have in a playoff series.

All the  off days mean they can be used pretty much every game.

I understand your viewpoint. But relievers performance is notoriously volatile from year to year. I think a good to great everyday player is much more valuable.

1 minute ago, Satyr3206 said:

I understand your viewpoint. But relievers performance is notoriously volatile from year to year. I think a good to great everyday player is much more valuable.

Sure, from year to year I agree.

I was just talking about late season acquisitions for the playoffs.

Cleveland gave up Francisco Mejia, one of the top prospects in baseball, for Brad Hand.  Britton has nowhere near the control time left that Hand does, but one would think this helps his market a little.  Hoping for a back-half Top 100 guy.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, 25 Nuggets said:

Cleveland gave up Francisco Mejia, one of the top prospects in baseball, for Brad Hand.  Britton has nowhere near the control time left that Hand does, but one would think this helps his market a little.  Hoping for a back-half Top 100 guy.

How many times does it have to be repeated that it was Hand AND Cimber?

Two guys, both with years of control left.

In today's market, if I were a GM, I would try to develop as many late inning relievers as I could and keep trading them to improve the ML Club, or stock the Minors.

5 minutes ago, Satyr3206 said:

In today's market, if I were a GM, I would try to develop as many late inning relievers as I could and keep trading them to improve the ML Club, or stock the Minors.

I think that was Billy Beane's strategy to acquiring Jim Johnson. 

I'd like to get two good prospects back, maybe a third lower level A guy with promise.

I'm honestly not sure, but I know our system looks better today then it did at the start of the week.  We need to keep ramping up.  I'm not saying I'm looking forward to getting back just anyone but if the trade for Manny was more about quantity and high risk/reward I'd like to see less quantity and higher quality for Britton.  

But if it's a quantity trade again, I got no complaints.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, davearm said:

Your 7-game statline kind of proves my point.  The appearances before that he got roughed up.  Before that he was hurt.

If you're trading for the guy, it's hard to know what you're getting.

Hererra trade sounds reasonable.

Ok if you want to nitpick. He was hurt and missed the time He obviously didn't spend enough time in the minors as his spring training. He lost the rust and regained the velocity. It's fair to say he was off early and it's also fair to say he looks at or close to his old self.

The Orioles only need one teams GM to think that and the Orioles win. The Cubs minor league system isnt equal to many of the others anyway. A report said half the teams probably have interest. Let's say 6-8 are serious.

Id expect 1 top guy Hopefully in the bottom of the top 100 (4-10 organization ranking) , 1 top 25, and a third guys that looks similar to the 4th or 5th guy that we got for Manny.

We could do better....Brach will ge awesome with a good defense behind him, and isleft handed sinker strike out guys. There aren't many of them. Plus Britton proabaly extends if offered.