Greg Pappas

Britton Trade Expectations

Britton Trade Expectations  

119 members have voted

1. 1. What trade return do you expect for Zach Britton?

• The return will be outstanding
    • The return will be solid
    • The return will be merely decent
    • The return will comparable to Colin Moran: low OBP, below average power, poor fielder with a limited future in MLB
    • The return will be worse than Colin Moran
    • The Orioles will not trade Britton and will not receive a compensation pick since there is no chance they will QO him.

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 7/20/2018 at 03:59

4 minutes ago, ISU94 said:

Did he give any timeline/names/teams for Britton and/or Machado?

He discussed a few players for Manny but not for Zack.

He said in his opinion the Dodgers would be foolish to hold a deal up over a player at A ball mentioned Lux and I think May....Said they are nice prospects but Manny will be a game changer for the winner of this

5 minutes ago, Roll Tide said:

Don't see the Stros dealing with us ...I know I wouldn't waste my time.

Love to get Whitley.....but if d be happy with Nova/Alcala and Adcock

I don't see it either.  If, however, we do make a deal with them, I'd like to see us acquire 21-year old RHP Christian Javier in whatever package we net.  OF Yordan Alvarez seems very unlikely. BTW, Yordan doesn't look like he just turned 21... but neither did LeBron. :P

9 minutes ago, Greg Pappas said:

I don't see it either.  If, however, we do make a deal with them, I'd like to see us acquire 21-year old RHP Christian Javier in whatever package we net.  OF Yordan Alvarez seems very unlikely. BTW, Yordan doesn't look like he just turned 21... but neither did LeBron. :P

Yeah ....I said Whitley who is having a tough time under 4 innings per start and a 4-29 era at AA.

Alvarez would be a nice get ...bet he'd be unavailable. Getting Nove would be a nice piece. Javier or Alcala would do.

3 hours ago, Roll Tide said:

Yeah ....I said Whitley who is having a tough time under 4 innings per start and a 4-29 era at AA.

Alvarez would be a nice get ...bet he'd be unavailable. Getting Nove would be a nice piece. Javier or Alcala would do.

No reason to even discuss Whitley, you're not getting the #1 pitching prospect in baseball. These struggles you speak of cover an entire 21 innings during which he has a 3.24FIP and is striking out nearly  13 people per 9 innings. Anyways, Giles will be back soon, there was never a reason to send him down to begin with. The kid is sporting an incredibly good 2.25FIP to begin with.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Tryptamine said:

No reason to even discuss Whitley, you're not getting the #1 pitching prospect in baseball. These struggles you speak of cover an entire 21 innings during which he has a 3.24FIP and is striking out nearly  13 people per 9 innings. Anyways, Giles will be back soon, there was never a reason to send him down to begin with. The kid is sporting an incredibly good 2.25FIP to begin with.

Said I'd love to have hm ...not that it was realistic.

i said I thought Nova Alcala or Javier ..... Honestly Nova #5 and Adcock #27 would be a great deal for the Orioles 

Buck should have put him in the game last night.  I have no idea why he is warming him up but not putting him in the game.  Saves are meaningless as this point.  The only thing that matters is that Britton is pitching well.  Warming him up and not putting him in is ridiculous.  Why wear him down for no reason. 

7 minutes ago, ISU94 said:

Astros back in.

I mean as painful as it probably is for them to call the Orioles again it makes sense. Especially with the Giles demotion and the Brewers nipping at their heels. 

Fun fact about Giles. I don't believe he's given up a single run this season in an actual save situation. 

59 minutes ago, wildbillhiccup said:

I mean as painful as it probably is for them to call the Orioles again it makes sense. Especially with the Giles demotion and the Brewers nipping at their heels. 

Fun fact about Giles. I don't believe he's given up a single run this season in an actual save situation. 

Perhaps Houston has been told Peter is no longer interfering. 

1 hour ago, wildbillhiccup said:

Yeah, his demotion makes zero sense. You don't send down a guy with 2.25FIP. That's the 17th best FIP amongst all relievers. Between that and Colorado sending down Jon Gray, I'm starting to wonder what some of these GMs are doing.

I think this is a situation where I would wait until the right deal comes along - even if it means waiting a week or to the deadline.  ZB may be fragile and get injured and it all might blow up, but there are many teams with weak or certainly not strong bullpens that can sniff the playoffs including Atlanta, Philly and Houston.  If ZB keeps putting up the donuts with velo at 95 or higher, I think he should generate an organization top five prospect and perhaps a second in the top 15.

• Upvote 1

Separately, from Roch article, about Tim Beckham - 

He’s being paid $3.35 million this year and will get another raise in arbitration, which could make him a non-tender candidate. Or he could be the starting shortstop or third baseman.

That's why the Rays moved him a year early rather than a year later in the arb process. There may be someone better at SS, 3B and he might already be too expensive for a preferred super-utility role.

4 minutes ago, hoosiers said:

I think this is a situation where I would wait until the right deal comes along - even if it means waiting a week or to the deadline.  ZB may be fragile and get injured and it all might blow up, but there are many teams with weak or certainly not strong bullpens that can sniff the playoffs including Atlanta, Philly and Houston.  If ZB keeps putting up the donuts with velo at 95 or higher, I think he should generate an organization top five prospect and perhaps a second in the top 15.

I agree. ZB has put himself back on the map just in time for the O's to capitalize. Lock down closers are extremely valuable to the contenders. I think he will bring back a really nice package.

1 hour ago, atomic said:

Buck should have put him in the game last night.  I have no idea why he is warming him up but not putting him in the game.  Saves are meaningless as this point.  The only thing that matters is that Britton is pitching well.  Warming him up and not putting him in is ridiculous.  Why wear him down for no reason. 

I'd like to think Zach was a little tired (being tired is said to help sinkerballers, but he needs the velocity to be effective) or wild or lacked command in the bullpen, rather than another rote decision move by Buck.