Greg Pappas

Britton Trade Expectations

Britton Trade Expectations  

119 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. What trade return do you expect for Zach Britton?

• The return will be outstanding
    • The return will be solid
    • The return will be merely decent
    • The return will comparable to Colin Moran: low OBP, below average power, poor fielder with a limited future in MLB
    • The return will be worse than Colin Moran
    • The Orioles will not trade Britton and will not receive a compensation pick since there is no chance they will QO him.

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 7/20/2018 at 03:59

I want us to deal Britton to the Astros or Yankees.  Both have very good minor league systems, and trading with the Yankees for a quality prospect or two weakens them long-term.   

Would Cubs give up Aramis Ademan for Britton?  SS who is blocked? Seems intriguing, 19 years old at A+ ball.

1 minute ago, ScGO's said:

Would Cubs give up Aramis Ademan for Britton?  SS who is blocked? Seems intriguing, 19 years old at A+ ball.

He's another intriguing name for sure. Can't imagine he'd be off limits. Solid young guy but nothing crazy, at least not yet.

Astros a no go for Familia.

1 hour ago, Roll Tide said:

I stayed out of the top 5 to try to keep it real. If the Orioles are true to what they are saying the only way you take a MLB guy or a AAA player is if you can flip them. I think they are truly committed to rebuild and being ready in 3-4 years. 

If a guy is on the cusp but hasn't accumulated time yet that's fine... he'd still be here in 3-4 years. They aren't going to win anything with an all-rookie team.

1 minute ago, Chito said:

Guess it's gonna be the A's? Giants maybe?

A's got shut down by Crasnick. Giants got shut down earlier as they don't have the cap for him.

1 minute ago, ISU94 said:

He's another intriguing name for sure. Can't imagine he'd be off limits. Solid young guy but nothing crazy, at least not yet.

Astros a no go for Familia.

The rest of their system is really meh.  Two interesting players coming back from injuries are Justin Steele and Erling Moreno.  Cubs weren't planning on Steele being back at all in 2018 and he just started throwing in Rookie ball. Lefty, could be a fast mover as he is 23, but was a big bonus baby back in 2014 and had some success last year.  Moreno has a big build but should be a reliever.  Steele might eventually be a better bullpen option too.  Would Britton get three back?  Or would be have to throw in Brach too?

3 minutes ago, ScGO's said:

The rest of their system is really meh.  Two interesting players coming back from injuries are Justin Steele and Erling Moreno.  Cubs weren't planning on Steele being back at all in 2018 and he just started throwing in Rookie ball. Lefty, could be a fast mover as he is 23, but was a big bonus baby back in 2014 and had some success last year.  Moreno has a big build but should be a reliever.  Steele might eventually be a better bullpen option too.  Would Britton get three back?  Or would be have to throw in Brach too?

Top guys for me from the Cubs are definitely Amaya, Ademan, Lange, Marquez, and maybe Alzholay. They have a few other interesting names but...

Just now, MDtransplant757 said:

I don’t like the cubs’ system. I think as of right now it’s to weak 

It is, but it's not so weak that we couldn't get a solid return on Britton. If we were talking Machado or someone that requires a definite top 100 prospect than sure, but guys like Amaya and Marquez are on there way, and they have some other solid guys that aren't as risky like Lange and Alzholay. 

I also liked Albertos's upside coming but man is he walking people like crazy. Just 19 with big upside but that's a pretty big red flag.