Greg Pappas

Britton Trade Expectations

Britton Trade Expectations  

119 members have voted

1. 1. What trade return do you expect for Zach Britton?

• The return will be outstanding
    • The return will be solid
    • The return will be merely decent
    • The return will comparable to Colin Moran: low OBP, below average power, poor fielder with a limited future in MLB
    • The return will be worse than Colin Moran
    • The Orioles will not trade Britton and will not receive a compensation pick since there is no chance they will QO him.

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 7/20/2018 at 03:59

24 minutes ago, ISU94 said:

I'm a fan of his. Has some things to work on still but I like the bat at SS a lot.

DBacks didn't have that centerpiece for a guy like Machado, but guys like Smith/Chisholm/Robinson etc. are all seriously tempting in a Britton deal. 

Yea I really like them in a Britton deal.  I'd add Widener to that list as well.

1 hour ago, ScGO's said:

I'd take Chavis, Mata, Darwinzon Hernandez, Antoni Flores, Shawaryn, Ockimey, Jhonathan Diaz, Beeks and a rehabbing Groome for Britton, Bundy, and Schoop, even give them Brach if they want him.

Then I'd send Gausman, Givens,. and Velencia to the Yankees for Sheffield, Abreau, Everson Pereira, Juan Then, and Dermis Garcia

And a partridge in a pear tree!

Looking for Christmas in July?

Edited by Hotdiggity
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, billyripken03 said:

30k hands... So 15k fans? That seems about right. 🤣

I guess we'll have to wait till the 31st. before trades go down. I wish it was sooner. Just curious to see what DD can get for Britton and if AJ will be traded? 

2:58
I'm thinking Britton brings back two 150-200 overall type guys. What are you thinking?
React

Dan Szymborski
Eh

I'd rather have Familia than Britton

Britton has a buttload of risk

and I'm talking a Sir Mix-a-lot buttload

John
Mancini is still better than Chris Davis!

Dan Szymborski
Henry Mancini might be better than Chris Davis.

2 minutes ago, Tryptamine said:

Well we can officially stop all the Cub's don't have any top 100 prospects talk, I know this was super important to some. BA updated their top 100 and Miguel Amaya comes in at #100.

No idea why people acted like he didn't suffice in this...

Dan Szymborski is a fallen O's fan that sometimes seem to go into full Webbrick mode. 

Certainly Britton has risk, but it's only two months worth of risk.  He's a rental.  The odds of Britton having health issues over the next two months is far lower than his risk over the next two years.  Scouts are watching and finding that he's healthy right now, throwing harder as he continues to return from his injury and running his usual exceptionally high ground ball rate.  His control is still off, but given his history, you can expect to improve, even if it doesn't get to his 2016 dominance.  Given the level of interest in Britton vs. the interest that teams had in Familia, it seems like the teams that are fighting for playoff spots disagree with Dan.

Of course, we'll see when a trade actually happens.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, NCRaven said:

Dan Szymborski is a fallen O's fan that sometimes seem to go into full Webbrick mode. 

Certainly Britton has risk, but it's only two months worth of risk.  He's a rental.  The odds of Britton having health issues over the next two months is far lower than his risk over the next two years.  Scouts are watching and finding that he's healthy right now, throwing harder as he continues to return from his injury and running his usual exceptionally high ground ball rate.  His control is still off, but given his history, you can expect to improve, even if it doesn't get to his 2016 dominance.  Given the level of interest in Britton vs. the interest that teams had in Familia, it seems like the teams that are fighting for playoff spots disagree with Dan.

Of course, we'll see when a trade actually happens.

I think it’s more performance risk than health risk.    

• Upvote 1

Just now, Frobby said:

I think it’s more performance risk than health risk.    

You may be right, but the two are related in that poor health impacts performance.  If he's healthy, I expect his performance to continue to improve.  But, that's why scouts have been following him pretty heavily since he came back. 

For me, the ground ball rate has always been key with Britton and he's back over 70%.  When he gives up hits they're usually singles.  And, the ground balls that follow have a way of turning into double plays when you have competent defensive infielders.  I just think he overstates the risk.