NCRaven

Orioles to be more active in International Free Agent Market

I do suppose it's possible for someone to make some strides and be worth signing between now and next July.  The money could also be used in case they want to sign a 16 year old out of Korea. 

24 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I do suppose it's possible for someone to make some strides and be worth signing before now and next July.  The money could also be used in case they want to sign a 16 year old out of Korea. 

So the money expires a year after they acquire it? Or is there a signing period? Sorry for the questions. Since the Orioles never used it really, I'm in the dark. 

6 minutes ago, Dark Helmet said:

So the money expires a year after they acquire it? Or is there a signing period? Sorry for the questions. Since the Orioles never used it really, I'm in the dark. 

Signing period July 1st starts it.   Which why Mess will be able to even though he isn’t yet.  Mlb won’t make him wait all year.  

Edited by bpilktree67
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Dark Helmet said:

It's usable until July next year on everyone eligible before then.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Dark Helmet said:

It's the helmet.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, bpilktree67 said:

Alexander Ramirez is also still not signed he is top 30 guy as well.  

Do you know of any reason why he's not signed, i.e. PED's or wanting too much money? 

So what happened to all those International Free Agent signings we were on the verge of announcing last week and the week before that.

1 minute ago, connja said:

So what happened to all those International Free Agent signings we were on the verge of announcing last week and the week before that.

The same thing that happens every year at this time?

I guess someone could scour the DSL rosters.

Have we even announced a signing at the 300k level?  The Yankees have like 30 of those guys signed the last time I saw a list. That’s means that we’re already behind for this year, even if we do sign Mesa. We have $5.5 million to spend in international slot money and there isn’t really too many guys left to spend it on.