orioles22

Dean Kremer 2018

Jonathan Mayo on MLB Network just now put a "really love" on Kremer, and a lot more words on him over Tate in an overview of the Orioles trades to date.

9 hours ago, OrioleDog said:

Jonathan Mayo on MLB Network just now put a "really love" on Kremer, and a lot more words on him over Tate in an overview of the Orioles trades to date.

I was talking to Adam Pohl about him, I like him from what I've seen, he's got a Wei-Yin Chen-like fastball, plays well above it's velo and movement. Pohl was saying the guy has enormous hands, long fingers, he said it reminded him of Jim Palmer's hands.

1 minute ago, Luke-OH said:

I was talking to Adam Pohl about him, I like him from what I've seen, he's got a Wei-Yin Chen-like fastball, plays well above it's velo and movement. Pohl was saying the guy has enormous hands, long fingers, he said it reminded him of Jim Palmer's hands.

Split finger/Fork Ball?

18 minutes ago, Luke-OH said:

Averaging 1.4 K's / IP is pretty impressive.  I am surprised he is not rated higher.

SSS and all, but after being promoted to AA, he still has 18IP and 22 K's.

22 minutes ago, paulcoates said:

Averaging 1.4 K's / IP is pretty impressive.  I am surprised he is not rated higher.

SSS and all, but after being promoted to AA, he still has 18IP and 22 K's.

It's questions about command and a solid 3rd pitch. I like him a lot though. 

I’ve only read scouting reports on all these guys but it seemslike Kremer has a little something extra because of his FB movement. Plus he’s hit the ground running. He had just got promoted to AA with the Dodgers system. Then comes right here afterwards. He’s had to adjust to three teams and three different leagues over the last month or so. He’s getting results too. That’s worth something. 

2 hours ago, sportsfan8703 said:

I’ve only read scouting reports on all these guys but it seemslike Kremer has a little something extra because of his FB movement. Plus he’s hit the ground running. He had just got promoted to AA with the Dodgers system. Then comes right here afterwards. He’s had to adjust to three teams and three different leagues over the last month or so. He’s getting results too. That’s worth something. 

He also dials it up when needed. He always has something else.  Tough competitor. 

Just now, Frobby said:

Today’s line: 6 IP, 5 H, 4 R, 2 ER, 2 BB, 9 K’s.

I watched most of it, he was pretty good, maybe 2 hard hit balls. Couldn't tell much from Bowie's camera angle, but it seemed like FB command wasn't great, t94, but mostly 91-93. He had a FB heavy mix, but went CB to RHB and CH to LHB and got whiffs on both. I was impressed with the changeup garnering swings and misses. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Luke-OH said:

I watched most of it, he was pretty good, maybe 2 hard hit balls. Couldn't tell much from Bowie's camera angle, but it seemed like FB command wasn't great, t94, but mostly 91-93. He had a FB heavy mix, but went CB to RHB and CH to LHB and got whiffs on both. I was impressed with the changeup garnering swings and misses. 

Time I saw him before his FB command wasn’t great either.  I am on the record that Kremer will end up being the best guy we got.