PaulFolk

The Orioles' 2018 debacle has been a long time coming

3 minutes ago, Redskins Rick said:

Manny was amazing at 3rd, and to me, he was decent at Short, the replacement at 3, wasn't close to what he was.

This team had its chances and that was fun.

This team doesnt have any chance, and thats not fun.

Through two of the Orioles better runs, Manny was not even available. 

14 minutes ago, weams said:

Trey Mancini. Not a Nugget. Joey Rickard. Not a Nugget. Chris Davis and Jon Schoop, not nuggets this year. Caleb Joseph and Austin Wynns. Not. 

Trumbo can't field and Adam, dear Adam, can't run. 

This is a bad team of players. Bad. Real Bad. 

Sums it up.

@wildcard I admire your optimism but...man, this is a terrible, terrible team.  Stop making excuses for them.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, wildcard said:

Why is there  no mention of:

1. Unreasonably difficult early schedule that was probably pay back by MLB for the MASN suit.

2, Injuries to key players including late signings.

3. Cold weather that seem to follow them whereever the went early in the season.

These three things contributed to a bad start to the season.  

Once the O's fell 10 back  in the Wild Card standing on May 2nd the O's were for the most part out  of contention and  the uncertainty of free agents at the end of the year including Buck, Dan, Manny, Britton and Jones  helped cause a free fall.

None of this is covered int he article.

Orioles offense isn’t exactly lighting it up in hot weather.  And the lineup without Manny is just pitiful now.

Trumbo is the best hitter on the team now.

1 minute ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

I forgot about him.  I was looking at yesterday’s box score when Jones had the day off.  

And good chance Jones is gone next week.

I'm not sure that the July 31 deadline means all that much regarding Jones.  I have a feeling that he would pass through revocable waivers and would be able to be traded in August.  Trumbo, too.

28 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Sums it up.

@wildcard I admire your optimism but...man, this is a terrible, terrible team.  Stop making excuses for them.

I'm  not saying they are not a terrible team.  Paul's article was about how they got this bad.  i just added a few things I thing should be included.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

I reread the Sun article on Sisco when they brought him back up.Since they have sent him back down.He mentioned all the losing and trying to handle the pitching staff and infrequent  and not great at bats was weighing on him. I think the Orioles messed him up this year. If he was the #1 catcher then he should have played more Not coming in pinch hitting late in a game.I think this was a wasted and non productive year for him.

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

Orioles offense isn’t exactly lighting it up in hot weather.  And the lineup without Manny is just pitiful now.

Trumbo is the best hitter on the team now.

Yes they are bad.  With Davis not hitting, Jones getting older and Manny with one foot out the door, now both feet,   Schoop (last year O's MVP) and Mancini ( last year O's rookie of the year) were supposed to pick up the torch.  But there it lays on the ground.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Going Underground said:

I reread the Sun article on Sisco when they brought him back up.Since they have sent him back down.He mentioned all the losing and trying to handle the pitching staff and infrequent  and not great at bats was weighing on him. I think the Orioles messed him up this year. If he was the #1 catcher then he should have played more Not coming in pinch hitting late in a game.I think this was a wasted and non productive year for him.

Buck is not a good manager.  Things won't improve until he is gone. 

• Downvote 1

18 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

I forgot about him.  I was looking at yesterday’s box score when Jones had the day off.  

And good chance Jones is gone next week.

Nah, I don't think Jones leaves.  Hope not, anyway.

23 minutes ago, Number5 said:

I'm not sure that the July 31 deadline means all that much regarding Jones.  I have a feeling that he would pass through revocable waivers and would be able to be traded in August.  Trumbo, too.

Yeah good point.  Jones could be an August 31st trade to a team that needs outfield help.

12 minutes ago, atomic said:

I disagree. Buck is not a bad manager (IMHO) sure he's made mistakes but, he's been here for eight years so there is bound to be mistakes. Ubaldo over ZB in the WC game clearly was a disaster that everyone saw coming but, overall I think he's been a very good manager for the O's.

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, atomic said:

Am I still on ignore? 😈

If Buck had the Sox or Yanks rosters he'd be doing just fine.

• Upvote 2