weams

Bundy is Broken

24 minutes ago, Enjoy Terror said:

Was looking at Bundy’s career stats today ... looking pretty close to Brad Bergesen atm. More K’s, more wins, and higher WAR, but similar ERA in about the same number of innings.

I guess my point is that I didn’t think much of Brad Bergesen and Bundy shouldn’t even be whispered in the same breath, ideally. But here we are.

UGH

Bergesen was all part of the Calvary that was supposed to save things here, back in the day.

Bundy a year ago today vs. Mariners. Complete game one-hitter. 12K, 2 BB. 116 pitches. I think the one hit was a bunt in the 4th or 5th inning. 

The runs were all via HR by guys now gone. Schoop (29th), Machado (30th), and Castillo (15th). They were still in the WC race at this point, a game out of the 2nd spot by winning this one, if memory serves (was reminded by a FB “Memories” post I had). 

O’s were in 3rd place, 8 games out. 67-65. The bottom fell out shortly after. 

Iy6DxiU.png

https://www.baseball-reference.com/boxes/BAL/BAL201708290.shtml

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Legend_Of_Joey said:

Not even a little.

His location is off too. They showed a few replays where Wynns set up on the opposite side of the plate of where the ball was heading...Before a bat interrupted it.

I want to hear an outsider's opinion of Bundy. A scout. A coach. An executive. To see, if there is anything worth hoping for with him.

Something. He is beyond depressing and hope, right now.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Flacco Machado said:

I want to hear an outsider's opinion of Bundy. A scout. A coach. An executive. To see, if there is anything worth hoping for with him.

My fear is Bundy is trying to compensate for an injury.  If he’s hurt, Bundy needs to just take the rest of season off.  

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Flacco Machado said:

Ask Ben. He was a shoulder guy. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

My fear is Bundy is trying to compensate for an injury.  If he’s hurt, Bundy needs to just take the rest of season off.  

The manager, who is not being paid for wins apparently, is PAID to make him take the rest of the season off.  Quit throwing him out there just so he can get destroyed.  If he isn't physically hurt, then I am sure his feelings are.......man he is just awful.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, JR Oriole said:

The manager, who is not being paid for wins apparently, is PAID to make him take the rest of the season off.  Quit throwing him out there just so he can get destroyed.  If he isn't physically hurt, then I am sure his feelings are.......man he is just awful.

Even if it’s only a mental or mechanical issue throwing Bundy out there every 5 days to get shelled isn’t going to get him right.

• Upvote 1

On 8/24/2018 at 2:06 PM, webbrick2010 said:

U don’t lose 5mph off your fb and a bunch of rpm off of your breaking stuff do to conditioning. He’s injured or otherwise broken. I don’t see how any parent with a top pitching prospect would allow him to sign with the O’s.

Did I mention, they all break.  And very very few ever make any money at MLB. But if you do make a bit of money, you don't have to work until age 70. 

I hear what many are saying about lost velocity and less torque on breaking balls, but why would they continually run him out there if there was even a hint of injury?  What motivation would they have?  That’s what I struggle with.  I agree that he’s not the same Bundy we saw in the first half, but I don’t understand why they would continue to send him out there every 5th day.

2 minutes ago, WarehouseChatter said:

I hear what many are saying about lost velocity and less torque on breaking balls, but why would they continually run him out there if there was even a hint of injury?  What motivation would they have?  That’s what I struggle with.  I agree that he’s not the same Bundy we saw in the first half, but I don’t understand why they would continue to send him out there every 5th day.

This is the same team that signed Chris Tillman this past off season and kept running him out there as long as they could.