LocoChris

Josh Rogers 2018

22 minutes ago, LocoChris said:

6 ip 3 Er 1.33 Whip  not bad either .  He could swap with Hess next start.  Hess looks like guy who struggles second third time through which may put him in pen in future.

4 minutes ago, bpilktree67 said:

6 ip 3 Er 1.33 Whip  not bad either .  He could swap with Hess next start.  Hess looks like guy who struggles second third time through which may put him in pen in future.

Wasn't a bad start, but wasn't great either. I'd give him a couple more starts down there before making the call. He'll probably be a September call up.

18 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Another pretty good one today: 5 IP, 6 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 1 BB, 7 K’s.    Threw a lot of pitches though.   

Ready to see him in Baltimore. 

Hess and Ramirez have had their chances.  Time for Rogers and Means.  

• Upvote 2

Good to see the strikeout numbers jump up. He's been interesting to follow as hes had success all year at AAA. I understand his "stuff" isnt like Tate or Ortiz, but I think he's probably earned a September call up. If Hess stumbles again, I'd swap them for the remainder of the year.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, weams said:

Dan Connolly think he will get a September call up. He needs to have a 40 man roster spot this offseason. 

He seems like an obvious choice to me.  I hope he continues to pitch well!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Orioles Information

Orioles News and Information

Daily Organizational Boxscores
News

Tony's Takes

Orioles Roster Resource

Orioles Prospect Information

2018 End of Season Top 30 Prospects List

Prospect Scouting Reports

Statistics

2019 Orioles Stats

2019 Orioles Minor League Stats

Baseball Savant Stats

• To be clear, Roch called it a “non-sports medical reason,” which is deferent from a “non-baseball related injury.”   It may have been an illness rather than an injury, and whatever it was didn’t relate to sports.    So for example, it appears he didn’t injure himself playing basketball or pickup football or the like.    But there’s a million other things it could have been, so I’m not going to speculate about it.   Whatever it was, it’s unfortunate.  
    • OK, where am I off?   I've been keeping the 40 man roster in a file and updating it myself, and I count 33.   Did I forget to delete someone? P (15):  Akin, Armstrong, Cobb, Eshelman, Fry, Harvey, Kremer, Lakins, Lopez, Means, Scott, Sulser, Tate, Valdez, Zimmerman C(4) Holaday, Severino, Sisco, Wynns IF(8):  Alberto, Davis, Iglesias, Nevin, Nunez, Ruiz, Urias, Valaika OF (6) Hays, McKenna, Mountcastle, Mullins, Santander, Stewart   15 + 4 +8 +6 = 33.   Who is the extra guy I have?
    • Well, given that we picked Kjerstad over Martin so we could get Mayo and Baumler, we kiiiiinda sorta spent part of a first round pick on him
    • Just thought I’d put the quote in here for those who want to interpret it for themselves: Roch: “I know the club couldn’t say much about Heston Kjerstad not being there beyond a non-sports medical reason, but is there an update on him as far as what you have set up for him, since he wasn’t able to participate in anything this summer or fall? Blood: “It’s just unfortunate. The camp was so short and just kind of unfortunate that it didn’t work out for him to come down, but he’s a great kid. He’s actually finishing his degree right now. He’s going to be graduating from Arkansas, I believe this winter, so that was something he was really able to put his head toward and get done, which is great. We’re all for that. We’ve got a plan with him and the hopes are we’ll see him next year and put him right into the mix with the rest of these guys who have been exciting to watch.” I agree with the interpretation that going to college was not the reason he missed Instructional League.   Sounds like he had to miss it for his medical reasons and decided to spend his time working towards completing his degree. If that’s wrong, and he missed Fall Instructs so he could take classes, yes I’d have a problem with that.    But I doubt that’s the case.    And we probably won’t learn anything further about this until spring training, so I’m not going to spend the next 4 months obsessing over it.     
    • Looks like he and others cleared waivers and were outrighted to Triple-A.  Welcome back!  Sort of... https://twitter.com/masnSteve/status/1321897484726263815?s=20
    • Yes, I said at the time that if you were trying to ruin a players confidence, morale and desire to play for that team, well it was done in one fell swoop. I had a special hope for him as my daughter lives just outside his hometown of Tullahoma, Tn.  The only town named Tullahoma in the U. S. A.      
    • I'm all for education but when he signed the contract he made a commitment to play baseball and in a season where he didn't get to play a lot and with uncertainty looming over next season I would have liked him to have been at the instructs.
  • Popular Contributors