Sign in to follow this  
MurphDogg

Carroll to be called up Tuesday?

27 minutes ago, esmd said:

Sort of germane to the topic, but I wonder what role he'll have?  I highly doubt Buck would pitch him in the 8th or 9th innings of a close game, at least at first.  My guess would be a middle innings role.  I would assume Givens is now the closer?  As for the setup guys, I guess maybe Castro and either Wright or Scott?  With Britton and Brach gone, there's quite a bit to sort out.

We might find out he was indeed talking about Mike Wright when discussing future closers?

• Upvote 2

28 minutes ago, esmd said:

Sort of germane to the topic, but I wonder what role he'll have?  I highly doubt Buck would pitch him in the 8th or 9th innings of a close game, at least at first.  My guess would be a middle innings role.  I would assume Givens is now the closer?  As for the setup guys, I guess maybe Castro and either Wright or Scott?  With Britton and Brach gone, there's quite a bit to sort out.

Tom Davis hypothesized that Mike Wright is Buck's surprise candidate to close.  

16 minutes ago, Diehard_O's_Fan said:

Has Carroll been in Norfolk for ten days already? I didn't think that he had.

I'm not sure why that would matter. The ten day rule is for players optioned off of the MLB club. Carroll is not on the 40-man roster, so he wasn't optioned to AAA. Obviously he will have to be added to the 40 man roster now, but there is plenty of room.

• Upvote 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

Orioles Information

Orioles News and Information

Daily Organizational Boxscores
News

Tony's Takes

Orioles Roster Resource

Orioles Prospect Information

2018 End of Season Top 30 Prospects List

Prospect Scouting Reports

Statistics

2019 Orioles Stats

2019 Orioles Minor League Stats

Baseball Savant Stats

• A feat we didn't see?  How about Armando Benítez throwing a fastball to an overmatched Tony Fernandez in the ALCS instead of a slider he could hit?
    • 10 in a row from April 26-28th, 1981.
    • Tony, question:  Do you set the lineups and make the roster moves, or does the simulation do that on its own?  Sorry if you've already addressed this in another thread, but I'm just curious.   Thanks.
    • The Institute for Health Metrics and Evaluations (IHME) has put out a tool that estimates hospital resources - beds, ICU beds, invasive ventilators per day through the summer.  It shows peak use on April 15 with a more gradual decline through mid June.  It also shows estimated deaths per day. They loaded it on April 1 and will update on April 4.  Based on JHU data, the number of deaths yesterday were slightly less than IHME’s low end estimate. This assumes full social distancing through May.
    • I am reading.  You say school is more important than spectator sports.  This is a belief you have not based on logic.  1.) Who gets more funding, a stadium for a professional team or Olympic committee or public school system?  Answer, sports.  Sports has more money for politicians and more jobs.  Rich people send their kids to private schools, which have the ability to do home schooling and what not.  Politicians will sell their first child to have a NFL team in their city, you think they give a darn about schools in budgets?  Give me a break. 2.) Yes, they will.  Again, WWE in Florida is this weekend.  Two nights, over 50 superstars (heck I think they do a Battle Royal for Andre The Giant memorial with 30 guys in ring same time) is still occurring despite the Governor issuing stay at home order.  So to your governments not allowing this traveling virus show to hit their town is also a nice lack of reality.  If MLB wants to have no attendance games in Florida right now, the governor and the state would 95% let that happen.  I'd assume that is the same for other states as well.  Let us remember, MLB was last organization to stop playing sports amid coronavirus.   3.) You go to schools AGAIN AND AGAIN, and comparatively it makes no sense for the basis of your argument.  Schools have closed because they operate in two semesters, generally from January to June and August/September to December/January.  It makes no sense to restart the school year at this moment since they've missed now two months.  If they started up in May, that would bring them to August, start of the next school year, if June as some analysts predict, may be September, which would overlap school years.  Business like MLB, NHL, NBA, NFL MLS are not tied to school years, so why would MLB not start on June 1 if they could?  You make no sense.   4.) I don't know why I bother with you because you don't read and or listen and the vast majority of your strong held opinions are based on your feelings and not in reason.  Good luck telling the NFL to hold their season because the kids haven't gone back to school.  They have enough politicians and bring enough money to the table, that they will start whenever they want.  And if they get delayed, it is more because this virus is out of control than the kids and their schools.  But what do I know I'm living in fantasy sports land.  
    • I've been keeping my routine (still get up early and shower every morning), but I draw the line at pants w/out an elastic waistband when working from home. 
  • Popular Contributors