Sign in to follow this  
sevastras

Nats gauging interest for Harper

No way the Nats trade Harper unless they get a wow offer.  6 games out of the wildcard in a relatively weak National League.

They could make a run and get into the playoffs with their current roster. 

It would be very forward thinking of them IMO to trade Harper.  They probably have a 25-30 percent chance of making the playoffs this year.  Trade Harper for Manny type return and they have a much better chance at winning a WS in 2019, 2020, 2021.  

They should be targeting 2B and SP.  Catcher. 

Then again maybe Harper doesn't bring back what Manny did given his down season. 

2 hours ago, survivedc said:

Yankees have the pieces. Murderers row 2.0

Yankees were wheeling and dealing yesterday but held off on an OF. Personally I think this is hilarious because misery loves company and their are a lot of people that kill the O’s on this board that have the “Nats” as their “2nd favorite” team. 

At least our run resulted in a playoff series win, and it was in the AL East. The Phillies and Braves are a “year early” in competing and the Nats buckled with just that little division comp. 

Their a soft team. Not pitching Strasburg in the playoffs is way worse than not pitching Britton in one inning in the playoffs. They lack leadership. A clubhouse full of losers. What a terrible signing MW was. 

That town is full of chokers. The only thing that saved them was a weak East in hockey and an expansion team in the Finals. Losers. 

50 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Yankees were wheeling and dealing yesterday but held off on an OF. Personally I think this is hilarious because misery loves company and their are a lot of people that kill the O’s on this board that have the “Nats” as their “2nd favorite” team. 

At least our run resulted in a playoff series win, and it was in the AL East. The Phillies and Braves are a “year early” in competing and the Nats buckled with just that little division comp. 

Their a soft team. Not pitching Strasburg in the playoffs is way worse than not pitching Britton in one inning in the playoffs. They lack leadership. A clubhouse full of losers. What a terrible signing MW was. 

That town is full of chokers. The only thing that saved them was a weak East in hockey and an expansion team in the Finals. Losers. 

Sounds like someone has a "chip on their shoulders"!!

The CAPS run this spring was simply awesome and will sustain me for years to come!

Yes, the Nats are disappointing but they have not embarrassed their hometown like the O's have. Hopefully the O's have it right now and can build upon with future, good draft choices and international signings!

1 minute ago, Odenton Mike said:

The CAPS run this spring was simply awesome and will sustain me for years to come!

Yes, the Nats are disappointing but they have not embarrassed their hometown like the O's have. Hopefully the O's have it right now and can build upon with future, good draft choices and international signings!

Sounds like you like the Nats too. What’s embarrassing is never playing in an NLCS. 

It’s easy to run through a crappy division every year. Now they have real comp and fold like an accordion.  

1 hour ago, Odenton Mike said:

I may not use the same tone as sportsfan8703 but I really don’t like the Nats. I disagree with your assertion that they haven’t embarrassed their hometown like the Orioles. First, I am not embarrassed by the O’s every run ends at some point. They are losing at an historic rate but I’m not embarrassed by that. It is what it is. I’m kind of glad because it has made it clear what needs to be done. 

Whats embarrassing is that the Nats being one of the national media darlings spoon feed players by Boris and NEVER WINNING A PLAYOFF SERIES. they’ve played in the worst division in baseball for many years and have won meaningless division titles against horrible competitors. I wouldn’t trade the O’s for the Nats period. 

Edited by MCO'sFan
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

No way the Nats trade Harper unless they get a wow offer.  6 games out of the wildcard in a relatively weak National League.

Would be a smart move IMO. 

7 hours ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

I don't see why they would.