Roy Firestone

Can we over do the rebuild?

1 minute ago, Roy Firestone said:

I dont. And I think we got fleeced on the Schoop trade. Didn't need to unload him now...

Schoop had a .562 OPS two weeks ago. 

2 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Schoop had a .562 OPS two weeks ago. 

yeah, he set a record for consecutive HRs for a 2b this week. He's heating up and is going to be a star in the NL. We got ripped off for mostly an over weight AA pitcher who posted so-so numbers there...

3 hours ago, Roy Firestone said:

Gausman was still under control for 2 years and reasonable... Schoop was still young and worthy of a re-sign next year...and Bundy is under a reasonable price I believe till 2022. At what point have we overdone it? I mean prospects are great and about a quarter of them make it to the MLB, but the fans have a right, I think, to watch some quality players for the prices they are paying. Does anyone agree with me? This team still has to sell tickets.

Depends on your goal I guess. My goal is a championship, not half measures that lead to a modestly competitive team year after year.

If the tear down ends with the team having enough cash to rebuild the farm system and organizational management from the ground up and creating a world class organization, then you can't take it too far IMHO.

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, Roy Firestone said:

Theres no way to re-sign Adam Jones now.And they shouldn't. They'll let him play out the season here in deference to his family.

They aren’t  letting him play here he is letting himself play here. I guarantee they want to trade him. 

If they were going to try and extend Schoop you would have thought they would have at least approach him to gauge his interest. He's stated multiple times that they never have.

Edited by BamaOsFan
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, GuidoSarducci said:

If we want Gausman and Schoop we can get them when they hit FA in 2 years.   We won't be competitive before then so it won't matter.

exactly - better to let Gausman go get some instruction from a pitching coach from a competitive team for a couple years then welcome him back as a polished pitcher

38 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Victor Victor Mesa and the #1 pick in the draft. 

Two years in a row.  They ain't signing no Jay Paytons or Manny Machados this offseason.