Rene88

Buck Referring to Orioles as “They”

4 hours ago, Rene88 said:

During the pre-game with Roch, really jumped out at me! Does he finish the season(my guess is yes)?

Tom Davis just said just now on the 105.7 Wall to Wall Baseball show that last week, Buck came to him privately and said “*They* are thinking about trading Schoop.” And Tom found the use of the word “they” interesting. 

Just now, NashLumber said:

Tom Davis just said just now on the 105.7 Wall to Wall Baseball show that last week, Buck came to him privately and said “*They* are thinking about trading Schoop.” And Tom found the use of the word “they” interesting. 

No, he made it up like I did. It is all a big conspiracy:)

13 hours ago, Roy Firestone said:

watch em deal Mancini too...Its a joke.

Who in the blue hell would want Mancini right now?  He's closer to being in AAA right now than he is to being the guy who finished 3rd in the AL ROY voting last year.  

7 minutes ago, ShaneDawg85 said:

Who in the blue hell would want Mancini right now?  He's closer to being in AAA right now than he is to being the guy who finished 3rd in the AL ROY voting last year.  

Probably no one, but I would have loved to see them trade Mancini.  Davis ain't going anywhere, and Mancini isn't an outfielder.

13 hours ago, LookitsPuck said:

I'm actually mostly in agreement here. This club was a disaster this year and not because of Buck.

Ignoring the lack of talent.

Do you think the O's have played fundamentally sound baseball?

Things like hitting cutoff men, running the bases correctly, situational hitting, etc...

I don't, and I think these are the things that a manager can control. I don't get the feeling that Buck ever addresses the stupid mental mistakes that his team has been consistently making.

13 hours ago, weams said:

He likes to get people angry with that stuff. We still do have an ignore feature I think. 

Can someone please tell me how to use this feature. This is a serious request...I looked but didn't find it.

10 hours ago, Rene88 said:

No, he made it up like I did. It is all a big conspiracy:)

I guess I just don’t see it as an issue.    The front office decides about trades, and the manager manages the players.   If Buck says “they” are thinking about trading Schoop or whatever, that does not signify to me that he has some agenda to distance himself from the team or the front office’s decisions.   It’s just reality that he’s not involved in those decisions.   It’s fairly clear that he buys in to the decision to do a rebuild.   The specifics of how it’s done aren’t up to him.     

36 minutes ago, MCO'sFan said:

Can someone please tell me how to use this feature. This is a serious request...I looked but didn't find it.

Take your mouse, and hoover over the user's name on the left hand side, once you get another box to pop up, select ignore user

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, Redskins Rick said:

Take your mouse, and hoover over the user's name on the left hand side, once you get another box to pop up, select ignore user

That worked. Thank you!

2 hours ago, DJHJR86 said:

Probably no one, but I would have loved to see them trade Mancini.  Davis ain't going anywhere, and Mancini isn't an outfielder.

Mancini is young, controllable, has some potential to get back closer to where he was.  He's not blocked because he'll replace Trumbo after Trumbo leaves.  And his value is at the lowest it will probably ever be right now.  It makes zero sense to trade him.

1 hour ago, Frobby said:

I guess I just don’t see it as an issue.    The front office decides about trades, and the manager manages the players.   If Buck says “they” are thinking about trading Schoop or whatever, that does not signify to me that he has some agenda to distance himself from the team or the front office’s decisions.   It’s just reality that he’s not involved in those decisions.   It’s fairly clear that he buys in to the decision to do a rebuild.   The specifics of how it’s done aren’t up to him.     

Agreed. I never said it was an issue. It just jumped out at me and made me pontificate how long Buck might be around. I think he finishes out the year and hopefully DD selects the next manager.

15 hours ago, weams said:

Maybe it was all J.J. Hardy leaving. 

No.  It's pretty clear that Flaherty was the glue holding the team together.  When he left at the end of 2017 it all unraveled.

Someone in the Post said the Nationals may make a run at Buck.They go through managers like water.So they went veteran manager to rookie msnager.Many issues.Relievers complained in the paper of overuse  Other pitchers wanted Mike Maddux back as pitching coach. Clubhouse supposedly is not a pretty place.

18 hours ago, Morgan423 said:

If it means anything, as a baseline for the WAR stat, a team of replacement level players would be expected to win 48 games during a full season.

We're not there yet! 😉