paulcoates

Bruce Cunningham talks about the Orioles for 15 minutes

He wouldn’t be far away in philly.  He can have someone oversee the charity and be back on days off.  I would have liked to see him help the Orioles by letting them get a few prospects in return for a few months of his play for another team.  Not enough to tarnish his image for me but a little disappointing.

Guys,

It is fair to speculate on opinion regarding Adam Jones.  But Adam Jones has every right to exercise his desire to stay.  And he really does not need to justify it.  My guess is that a trade that forces his every day player role in CF to end does not, in his  mind help him in negotiations...but that is speculation and means nothing.

The O's would not get much for him, and probably do not bring him back.  I wish AJ nothing but success and have no problem at all with his decision.  Regardless of the reason.

There are other things to be worrying about that have much more meaning.  Like moving Trumbo and Davis off the roster.  Where this team is now?  It says much more about us than it does about AJ that there is complaining over his motivations.

Let's look forward and keep moving.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Chromehill said:

I think a big part of Jones vetoing the trade was the fact that he would be the 4th outfielder in Philadelphia, which is something he really cannot talk about.  Jones staying does not prevent the Orioles bringing Mullins up to play center field, that is more of a Buck issue. 

I think this is the most likely scenario. From my view, the Phillies most likely wanted him as a 4th outfielder/platoon player in the corners and he didn't want to leave to become a part time player. At the end of the day, he wasn't bringing back anything significant anyway.

12 hours ago, Orioles1954 said:

Will we get a draft pick for Jones when he doesn't re-sign?

No. He will not be offered qualifying. 

1 hour ago, Bonecrusher52 said:

1 hour ago, foxfield said:

Guys,

It is fair to speculate on opinion regarding Adam Jones.  But Adam Jones has every right to exercise his desire to stay.  And he really does not need to justify it.  My guess is that a trade that forces his every day player role in CF to end does not, in his  mind help him in negotiations...but that is speculation and means nothing.

The O's would not get much for him, and probably do not bring him back.  I wish AJ nothing but success and have no problem at all with his decision.  Regardless of the reason.

There are other things to be worrying about that have much more meaning.  Like moving Trumbo and Davis off the roster.  Where this team is now?  It says much more about us than it does about AJ that there is complaining over his motivations.

Let's look forward and keep moving.

I get what Jones is saying, and I agree, it's his decision.  He has every right to block it for whatever reason he chooses.  I'm just saying that it's somewhat disappointing on some level that he's prioritizing off the field issues over baseball.  Quite frankly, if I'm a team that would consider signing him this offseason, this would make me question that notion.  If I'm say, Milwaukee, and I offer Jones a contract better than anyone else, and he signs it, am I going to be concerned that he's not devoting all his energy to be the best player he can for my team and himself, or is he paying more attention to off the field stuff, which maybe affects his, and my team's performance?

Again, not making a Federal case out of this, and not taking shots at his character.  It's just a little bit concerning and disappointing, that's all.

13 hours ago, esmd said:

I love AJ, and he has every right to veto the deal, but the fact that he cares more about his charity then the chance to go play for a contender makes me wonder if that's a part of the team's problems.

The fact that this has two up votes makes me sad to be a member of this board.  

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I can't take this dude seriously for more than a minute when he's fumbling with his camera, saying things like 6 players in the last two years, er, last two weeks, etc.  Who is this clown?

3 minutes ago, atomic said:

The fact that this has two up votes makes me sad to be a member of this board.  

How's the view up there on that high horse?

Just now, atomic said:

Makes me feel good that I am not you. 

You have the most cynical view about anything and everything that occurs. I can't imagine that feels great...

Anyways, was a good listen. Don't know too much about Cunningham or many personalities (outside beat writers for the Orioles) like that since I'm not from Baltimore so enjoy hearing things like this.

1 minute ago, ISU94 said:

You have the most cynical view about anything and everything that occurs. I can't imagine that feels great...

Anyways, was a good listen. Don't know too much about Cunningham or many personalities (outside beat writers for the Orioles) like that since I'm not from Baltimore so enjoy hearing things like this.

Cynical view is great in investing. I am not cynical when someone wants to stay and help his charity though.  

1 minute ago, atomic said:

Cynical view is great in investing. I am not cynical when someone wants to stay and help his charity though.  

Not so great as a baseball fan, especially not when spending so much time on a message board just to be depressed/upset about everything that happens regardless. Too each their own though.