Jump to content
terpoh

Mullins is with the Orioles! (edited)

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Ridgway22 said:

I'd never seen Mullins play in the minors, had nothing to go on but Luke's and others scouting reports and Mullins numbers in the minors. 

Honestly, I was expecting we'd see something like Xavier Avery II.

But I've made a point to see all of The Entertainers' at bats, and the guy simply looks like he belongs. Hays at the end of the year last year looked overmatched, and maybe Mullins will too once there is a book on him. But right now, Cedric looks like the leadoff hitter we have not had since BRob.

Small samples, temper expectations, blah blah blah. He's exciting, he's young, he's athletic, he's an Oriole, and damn it, I need something positive to latch onto.

As good as his hitting has been...

Just wait until he gets used to tracking the ball at Camden and other stadiums, when his defense will really shine thru.

You are going to be in for a great treat then!

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Legend_Of_Joey said:

As good as his hitting has been...

Just wait until he gets used to tracking the ball at Camden and other stadiums, when his defense will really shine thru.

You are going to be in for a great treat then!

I saw him pull up on a liner to center and block the ball in the 4th that would have been a huge play for Ramierez.  As it turned out, the O's gave up 5 or 6 after that during the inning and I wondered what Jones may have told Mullins about that play as it seemingly was a pivotal decision.  I understand why he pulled up at the last second b/c if he missed it, and Jones didn't back him up that may have been an inside the park home run.  Still he looked like he could have laid out and made the play.  I wondered if next time he doesn't go for it?  I thought maybe he was tentative instead of going out there and making plays.  I hope when he gets comfortable, he attacks the ball in the outfield like it looks like he can.  He reminds me of Mike Deveraux.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Redskins Rick said:

I suspect this thread is only a few posts away from getting locked down for sliding into prohibited discussions.

It shouldn't.  I think we'd all like to continue the conversation about him being able to hit right handed without having to bring up race.

Anyway, I understand the argument for not giving up switch hitting completely and not seeing breaking stuff from the left side.  IE, a lefty slider breaks down and away, how would he handle that, etc.  

But if he sees better from the left side (right eye dominant), I'd be curious to know if it'd make sense to drop the right side if he struggles.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Moose Milligan said:

It shouldn't.  I think we'd all like to continue the conversation about him being able to hit right handed without having to bring up race.

Anyway, I understand the argument for not giving up switch hitting completely and not seeing breaking stuff from the left side.  IE, a lefty slider breaks down and away, how would he handle that, etc.  

But if he sees better from the left side (right eye dominant), I'd be curious to know if it'd make sense to drop the right side if he struggles.

You are correct, we should be able to discuss it rationally and like adults.

Then, again, this is the OH, and we both have seen good threads locked down due to others.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would be thrilled if Mullins was Adam Jones Part 2. Maybe more speed and better OBP, but a weaker arm and a little less power. That would be a pretty great outcome IMO. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Ohfan67 said:

I would be thrilled if Mullins was Adam Jones Part 2. Maybe more speed and better OBP, but a weaker arm and a little less power. That would be a pretty great outcome IMO. 

Jones' game is closer to Hays.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


Orioles Information


Orioles News and Information

Daily Organizational Boxscores

News

Tony's Takes

Orioles Roster Resource

Orioles Prospect Information

2018 End of Season Top 30 Prospects List

Prospect Scouting Reports

Statistics

2019 Orioles Stats

2019 Orioles Minor League Stats

Baseball Savant Stats







×
×
  • Create New...