Jump to content
terpoh

Mullins is with the Orioles! (edited)

Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Jones' game is closer to Hays.

I see Adam’s WAR as a great outcome, but Mullins would get there slightly differently for sure. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Ohfan67 said:

I see Adam’s WAR as a great outcome, but Mullins would get there slightly differently for sure. 

Sure, but I don't know why you would compare Jones to Mullins when he is so much more similar to Hays.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Sure, but I don't know why you would compare Jones to Mullins when he is so much more similar to Hays.

From a height and weight standpoint, none of the three are real similar. Jones and Mullins have totally different builds, which (I suspect) will manifest itself as Mullins having more speed and less power. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, 99ct said:

From a height and weight standpoint, none of the three are real similar. Jones and Mullins have totally different builds, which (I suspect) will manifest itself as Mullins having more speed and less power. 

I will take Mookie Betts lite. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mullins offensive games reminds me of Ray Durham.  Brian Roberts too as far as having a quick stroke and being able to really turn on an inside fastball.  

Defense I'll go Kenny Lofton.  Also LH, excellent range and body control, subpar arm.  Mullins doesn't have the pure speed of Lofton but I can't think of a better comp right now.  

You don't see a lot of 5'8 center fielders.  Players with Mullins build tend to play 2B. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Ohfan67 said:

I see Adam’s WAR as a great outcome, but Mullins would get there slightly differently for sure. 

I don’t expect Mullins to be a 30 WAR guy.  But how about Coco Crisp as a comp, with fewer stolen bases?   .265/.327/.402 lifetime, 28.5 rWAR in a lengthy career.   I’d gladly take that.

https://www.baseball-reference.com/players/c/crispco01.shtml

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Can_of_corn said:

I'd just like to thank Luke for the Pillar comp.

I would be happy if he can be a Kevin Pillar type player. I'd be even happier if his defense was as good at some point as Pillar. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Can_of_corn said:

Jones' game is closer to Hays.

We will be very fortunate if anyone in our organization approaches the career that Adam Jones has had. Whether you like his type of game or not. Even if you denigrate him because of wacky d stats. Jones was the man. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, weams said:

We will be very fortunate if anyone in our organization approaches the career that Adam Jones has had. Whether you like his type of game or not. Even if you denigrate him because of wacky d stats. Jones was the man. 

I think you tend to overrate Jones, but the fact is it probably will be a very long time before anyone matches his offensive totals accrued in 11 years with the Orioles.

Games - 8th

At Bats - 4th

Hits - 4th

Runs - 5th

Doubles - 7th

Homers - 5th

RBI - 5th

Strikeouts - 3rd

 

Here's where Jones ranks among active players, regardless of how many teams they played for:

Games - 21st

At bats - 17th

Runs - 26th

Hits - 19th

Doubles - 35th

Homers - 23rd

RBI - 27th

Strikeouts - 20th

 

Certainly an admirable career and he probably has a few years left to play.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I think you tend to overrate Jones, but the fact is it probably will be a very long time before anyone matches his offensive totals accrued in 11 years with the Orioles.

Games - 8th

At Bats - 4th

Hits - 4th

Runs - 5th

Doubles - 7th

Homers - 5th

RBI - 5th

Strikeouts - 3rd

 

Here's where Jones ranks among active players, regardless of how many teams they played for:

Games - 21st

At bats - 17th

Runs - 26th

Hits - 19th

Doubles - 35th

Homers - 23rd

RBI - 27th

Strikeouts - 20th

 

Certainly an admirable career and he probably has a few years left to play.

I think Mullins has a chance. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Tx Oriole said:

I think Mullins has a chance. 

We will talk when he is 30. Which is six years and 40 days from now. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, weams said:

We will talk when he is 30. Which is six years and 40 days from now. 

Looking forward to it Weams.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 169 Guests (See full list)

    There are no registered users currently online

Orioles Information


Orioles News and Information

Daily Organizational Boxscores
News

Tony's Takes

Orioles Roster Resource

Orioles Prospect Information

2018 End of Season Top 30 Prospects List

Prospect Scouting Reports

Statistics

2019 Orioles Stats

2019 Orioles Minor League Stats

Baseball Savant Stats






  • Posts

    • With two games to play, the Orioles could still end up picking anywhere from 3rd to 10th. To pick 3rd they would have to lose their final two games while Boston and Detroit win their final two games and Washington wins one of their final three games. We currently have the sixth pick as we jumped Arizona yesterday to move up from seventh. If we were to win our final two games we could drop to 10th with one win by Arizona and two wins by Kansas City, Colorado, and Seattle.
    • o     On 2 consecutive nights, 2 different teams clinched themselves a 2020 playoff berth by beating the Yankees ........     (SEPTEMBER 24th)   Blue Jays Clinch Post-Season Berth with Win Over the Yankees (By Laura Armstrong) https://www.thestar.com/sports/bluejays/2020/09/24/blue-jays-clinch-post-season-berth-with-win-over-the-yankees.html     (SEPTEMBER 25th)   Marlins Beat Yankees in Extra-Innings, Clinch First Playoff Berth Since 2003 (By Jordan McPherson) https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/mlb/miami-marlins/article245998685.html     o
    • o   (SEPTEMBER 24th)   The Blue Jays beat the Yankees in Buffalo last night, punching their ticket to the 2020 American League post-season tournament.   Blue Jays Clinch Post-Season Berth with Win Over the Yankees (By Laura Armstrong) https://www.thestar.com/sports/bluejays/2020/09/24/blue-jays-clinch-post-season-berth-with-win-over-the-yankees.html       o
    • Yeah... check out baseballafterdark.com   😂
    • o   Very early in the 2020 season as a COVID-laden Florida Marlins were shut down indefinitely because of the disease ...... nobody was sure whether or not they would be able to continue playing in (and completing) the season. Now, they have qualified for the National League post-season tournament.   Marlins Beat Yankees in Extra-Innings, Clinch First Playoff Berth Since 2003 (By Jordan McPherson) https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/mlb/miami-marlins/article245998685.html   o
    • This is the Orioles' fourth losing season in a row. Someone who's been a fan for 50 years undoubtedly remembers that the team went 14 seasons in a row with losing records from 1998 through 2011. Then the next year they made the playoffs and won their first round game and all of a sudden it was a lot of fun again. The good times will come again.  Can't guarantee it'll be next year, but they will come.  
    • You’re right about some things, wrong about others. watch and see if things get better. I think they will.
  • Popular Contributors

×
×
  • Create New...