Roy Firestone

Boy, do WE stink!

Just now, Roy Firestone said:

That is all.

I smell pretty decent right now, the O’s on the other hand do stink. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

We’ve been wo— oh, wait, no we haven’t.

At least Cedric Mu— eh, he’ll probably regress to a AAAA player in a few games.

They have a bright fu— um, we have no idea who will be our manager or GM next year, and we have no guarantee that any of our prospects will turn out to be better than replacement level players.

Sorry, I’ve got nothing.

In August, Orioles are 3rd in the MLB in Runs, RBI... 4th in HR, BA, SLG... 8th in OBP... 20th in K%... 28th in BB%.

19th in K/9 ... 27th in HR/9...

30th (!!!) in BB/9 & ERA and Defense.

DFL

13 minutes ago, Enjoy Terror said:

In August, Orioles are 3rd in the MLB in Runs, RBI... 4th in HR, BA, SLG... 8th in OBP... 20th in K%... 28th in BB%.

DFL

If we could put the August offense with the April pitching, we would be a playoff team. :)

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Enjoy Terror said:

DFL

The defense has been ridiculously bad of late.   Mullins should boost the OF defense considerably but the infield’s a hot mess.    

We’re going to stink next year, but I hope we go out and get a couple of guys for the left side of the infield who can pick it, even if they’re weak at the plate.    I hate watching bad defense.  

2 minutes ago, Frobby said:

The defense has been ridiculously bad of late.   Mullins should boost the OF defense considerably but the infield’s a hot mess.    

We’re going to stink next year, but I hope we go out and get a couple of guys for the left side of the infield who can pick it, even if they’re weak at the plate.    I hate watching bad defense.  

I like Beckham,  but boy, not getting the reps at SS early has made him truly awful this year. And we thought Manny was poor.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Mendoza Line said:

I like Beckham,  but boy, not getting the reps at SS early has made him truly awful this year. And we thought Manny was poor.

Yeah, there’s no reason for Beckham to be this bad.   Last year he was somewhat erratic but his above average range made him about an average defensive SS.    This year he’s just been atrocious.   The lack of spring training reps and moving around probably hurt him, but he’s never going to be steady out there.    And Núñez is not a major league defender, period.  

Man, I’m already nostalgic for Hardy and Manny.    What a pleasure it was to watch them.    

• Upvote 1

It is tough right now. It will take time to fix this mess. It didn't happen overnight and it won't be fixed overnight either. I really don't think much changes unless they clean house, top to bottom. If DD hasn't been allowed to do his job and they think he can get it done, keep him. Otherwise Buck and gang need to go. It is hard to understand why the minors have been ignored for years. I have zero faith in the folks in charge there.

12 minutes ago, o'sfansince1970 said:

It is tough right now. It will take time to fix this mess. It didn't happen overnight and it won't be fixed overnight either. 

It didn’t happen overnight, but it happened pretty quickly.   I’d be thrilled if it could be fixed that quickly.    

45 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Yeah, there’s no reason for Beckham to be this bad.   Last year he was somewhat erratic but his above average range made him about an average defensive SS.    This year he’s just been atrocious.   The lack of spring training reps and moving around probably hurt him, but he’s never going to be steady out there.    And Núñez is not a major league defender, period.  

Man, I’m already nostalgic for Hardy and Manny.    What a pleasure it was to watch them.    

I'd rather have Hardy out there right now.  And I was for letting him go.  Let him hit .180/.240/.350 with his below average range if Beckham is what we're going to put out there.

27 minutes ago, mdbdotcom said:

Roy, since we are probably going to stink in 2019 and 2010, this is the only post you'll need for a while. See you in three years!

Hard to predict baseball sometimes.. but I can say with certainty that we will stink in 2010.

2 hours ago, Frobby said:

The problem with Beckam is not just reps, it's game awareness and there is no reason after this many minor and major league games he still should be this awful in the nuances of playing shortstop like where to catch balls, tagging bases, lining up for relays, etc. 

He's just an awful awareness player and that's not going to improve. I'd honestly try him in the outfield to see if he has any value out there because they can't possibly think he should be playing shortstop here in the future.