Sign in to follow this  
ORIOLE33

Are You Rooting For The Orioles Or Oakland?

In case you haven’t noticed, the A’s are trailing the Yankees by just 2 games in the wildcard standing. An O’s win really doesn’t do anything but help the Yankees. But the O’s is our team. If the Yankees have to travel to Oakland, I think there’s a very good chance that they’ll be eliminated. Even though the A’s have been the better team as of late, the Yankees would probably win in NY. 

Go A’s.

I would prefer for the Orioles to win an occasional game.  But in tonight's game it was hard to root for them.  I never saw Adam Jones look disgusted by his team before.  Rooting for them to win against the A's seems pointless as it isnt happening.  Orioles seem like they should be demoted to double A so they have a chance.

2 hours ago, Frobby said:

I don’t think it matters who I’m rooting for tonight.    Just checked the score.    Glad I’m not watching.  

I wish I hadn't watched the first five innings.  They should charge minor league prices for tickets and beer if this is the product they are putting out there. Ownership, DD, and Buck and the coaches should all be embarrased with the jobthey have done this season

I just don’t feel connected to this team, which is odd given the time I spend on here. Lol. I know the beginnings of rebuilds are tough because you have to watch a bunch of stop gaps until guys are ready but I feel like we have some guys we could have taken a look at. 

If we were trotting our a lineup that consisted of Mullins, Sisco/Wynns, Hays, Diaz, and Mountcastle, I would be watching and invested. 

1 hour ago, sportsfan8703 said:

I just don’t feel connected to this team, which is odd given the time I spend on here. Lol. I know the beginnings of rebuilds are tough because you have to watch a bunch of stop gaps until guys are ready but I feel like we have some guys we could have taken a look at. 

If we were trotting our a lineup that consisted of Mullins, Sisco/Wynns, Hays, Diaz, and Mountcastle, I would be watching and invested. 

Cobb, Cashner, Nunez, Villar, and Beckham have all been with the organization for a shorter period of time than DL Hall. Davis is just infuriating, he should be fined heavily for taking strike 3 in 3 consecutive ABs, that is the embodiment of apathy. This isn’t the easiest group to connect with, but a Bundy Nono tonight will give us the single moment of glory we’ve been waiting for in 2019.

It’s hard to believe that our 24-46 record at home is far greater than our record on the road; We may not get to 20 road wins this year. 

I'd kinda like the O's to win but at this point it's pretty hard to care.   I'll definitely want them to win more against NY and BOS on the last road trip.   Really I'm just ready for the season to end.

On 9/12/2018 at 7:36 PM, El Gordo said:

Let the A's and the MFY's settle it elsewhere. I root for the O's.

On 9/12/2018 at 8:18 PM, OFFNY said:

o

I always root for the Orioles.

o

o

BALTIMORE O RIOLES lllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll - l5

OAKLAND A THLETICS llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll  - l3

o

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

Orioles Information

Orioles News and Information

Daily Organizational Boxscores
News

Tony's Takes

Orioles Roster Resource

Orioles Prospect Information

2018 End of Season Top 30 Prospects List

Prospect Scouting Reports

Statistics

2019 Orioles Stats

2019 Orioles Minor League Stats

Baseball Savant Stats

• I've always found it funny that people here think other teams would chomp at the bit for what we have.  And to combat that, I usually try to figure out what I'd want the Orioles to give up to acquire that player if we were trying to trade for him. For example, if the Reds had Nunez and we wanted him...what would you trade for him?  What would you trade for Ruiz?  Alberto? I'm certainly not high on our pitching prospects, but I can't really even see trading someone like Lowther and a lower level minor leaguer and cash for someone like Nunez.  And I like Nunez, he's been a fun player when he's hitting dongs and he's a good scrap heap pickup, but there's  not a lot of value there.
    • Santander-Mahle, or Santander-India? I doubt they have the financial flexibility to do much until they know the Bauer outcome.  I imagine more than they'd want any of our hitters, they might like our cash reserves to take on a chunk of toasty Votto. Davis for Votto, India and Mahle?    They did make a medium bet on Akiyama who to me today almost looked like a poor man's Cedric Mullins, and lack a real CF.
    • I was never bothered.  Teams cheat, players cheat.  Baseball mostly doesn't care.
    • I'll bet you a 6 pack of your favorite beer that AR is not an MVP candidate (top 3 finish) during his tenure as a Baltimore Oriole.  Feel free to check back in after the Yankees sign him.
    • Yeah, I’m kinda over what happened with the Astros.  It would be funny to hear everyone cry about it. 
    • Simple over/under poll, closing Nov. 2.    The O’s 2020 record of 25-35 projects out to 67.5 wins over 162 games.    What’s your early take on whether they will be over or under that number next year? On the positive side, the O’s have improved their winning percentage fairly significantly in each of the last two years.   They’re a fairly young team that can get better with experience.    If they’re lucky, one of their best hitters (Mancini) comes back.    There are some prospects who can help the club next year, in addition to the guys who barely got their feet wet this year.   And, their Pythagorean record (28-32) was better than their actual mark. On the other hand, the O’s did not finish strong.   14-16 the first half, 11-19 the second.    Not a good trend there.   It’s not unusual for bad teams to wear down as the season progresses, and this year was so short that the decent start has outsized influence on the overall record.    I also think the expanded roster size worked to the O’s advantage, as they were able to shorten the starts, rely more on relievers and shuttle pitchers off and on the roster.    There will be less opportunity for that next year. So, what’s your early take?   Obviously there will be roster moves made in the next six months that will influence things, but I doubt we’ll see anything that dramatically changes the team.    
  • Popular Contributors