Sign in to follow this  
Roy Firestone

We say goodbye to Buck and Adam

On 9/21/2018 at 2:28 PM, OFFNY said:

o

I was at Melvin Mora's final game as an Oriole, which was the last game of the season in 2009. 

When Dave Trembley removed him from the game for a pinch-hitter, we gave him a well-deserved standing ovation.

o

o

They just did something very similar for Jones just now. 

o

Two big middle fingers up to mlb.tv for always immediately cutting feeds after the last out is made and never airing any postgame coverage.  I'm sure it'll be posted somewhere here but I'd like to see any interviews with Buck and Adam live.

13 hours ago, Moose Milligan said:

Two big middle fingers up to mlb.tv for always immediately cutting feeds after the last out is made and never airing any postgame coverage.  I'm sure it'll be posted somewhere here but I'd like to see any interviews with Buck and Adam live.

That really drives me nuts. I know they're not going to show the MASN post-game show or anything like that, nor do I need them to, but really, couldn't they at least show a post-game press conference here and there, even if it's something you can just watch later as an extra?

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Moose Milligan said:

I've called MLB about this two or three times and, after being transferred to some sort of supervisor who supposedly knew how these things work, was told each time that cutting off the MLB feed right after the end of the game was dictated by MASN.

I have no idea whether that's true. I'm pretty sure the most recent time I was told that was in 2017. 

1 hour ago, spiritof66 said:

I've called MLB about this two or three times and, after being transferred to some sort of supervisor who supposedly knew how these things work, was told each time that cutting off the MLB feed right after the end of the game was dictated by MASN.

I have no idea whether that's true. I'm pretty sure the most recent time I was told that was in 2017. 

I'm 50/50 on who's fault it is.  It does it for other games too.  Probably a lot easier just to blame MASN than say its our fault.

Two more big middle fingers up to MASN and Angelos for being the one of two (Dodgers, I believe) teams to not allow their games on streaming services like PSVue which made me get MLB.tv in first place and then spending half the summer figuring out VPNs so I can get around the blackout.  

• Upvote 1

Already wished Buck well but here’s to Adam. We both experienced the highs, lows, & in between of the O’s in our 20’s & early 30’s together. Adam. GL to you. I hope to be at your O’s HoF ceremony when we’re gray and we hopefully will celebrate some champions that came after our youth.