connja

Top Manager Candidates

On 10/21/2018 at 1:54 PM, Can_of_corn said:

Only two teams need a manager at this point in the season.

If you had a playoff contender, this would be an issue.

Clearly, they do not. So does it really matter, that one is not in place?

Of course, it does give folks something to complain about.

16 hours ago, wildbillhiccup said:

I see your point, but to his point exactly how many people have the Orioles interviewed for the GM job? Because I've heard nothing. 

Why does the team have to report to you?

There are names out there, that have been interviewed, and been reported about.

I believe some other teams have interviewed half the population, yet, they haven't hired anybody yet.

On 10/21/2018 at 2:25 PM, TonySoprano said:

I missed the Bell hiring in Cinci.  Who did the Rangers, Twins, and Blue Jays hire?

Now, it may go down to two teams left.  It was three.   If the Twins hire one of these three, I still don't feel like this was a big missed opportunity by the Orioles.

1 hour ago, Redskins Rick said:

Why does the team have to report to you?

There are names out there, that have been interviewed, and been reported about.

I believe some other teams have interviewed half the population, yet, they haven't hired anybody yet.

So you think the most inept organization in baseball is the only one capable of keep their GM and/or Manager search completely secret in the social media age? Because i sure don't, which leads me to believe they're not being very proactive and/or dragging their heels. That's not much of a leap to make given their track record and history. 

10 minutes ago, TonySoprano said:

Now, it may go down to two teams left.  It was three.   If the Twins hire one of these three, I still don't feel like this was a big missed opportunity by the Orioles.

It's amazing how the Orioles are the only team in baseball who can somehow keep their GM/Manager search completely secret (insert eye roll emoji).

3 minutes ago, wildbillhiccup said:

It's amazing how the Orioles are the only team in baseball who can somehow keep their GM/Manager search completely secret (insert eye roll emoji).

Yeah, it must not be happening because the media hasn't reported it, right?  

Just now, TonySoprano said:

Yeah, it must not be happening because the media hasn't reported it, right?  

For better or worse everyone is a media source in the Twitter age. And yes, I realize that all the rumors/news isn't true, but we've literally heard nothing. I find it very hard to believe that the Orioles run that tight of a ship. 

2 hours ago, wildbillhiccup said:

For better or worse everyone is a media source in the Twitter age. And yes, I realize that all the rumors/news isn't true, but we've literally heard nothing. I find it very hard to believe that the Orioles run that tight of a ship. 

The Baltimore Sun lost one of their Oriole beat writers The National media is mostly focused on the World Series.MASN will only announce it when they get their marching orders. So it might be for now the Oriole story is flying under the radar  

3 hours ago, wildbillhiccup said:

So you think the most inept organization in baseball is the only one capable of keep their GM and/or Manager search completely secret in the social media age? Because i sure don't, which leads me to believe they're not being very proactive and/or dragging their heels. That's not much of a leap to make given their track record and history. 

36 minutes ago, Going Underground said:

The Baltimore Sun lost one of their Oriole beat writers The National media is mostly focused on the World Series.MASN will only announce it when they get their marching orders. So it might be for now the Oriole story is flying under the radar  

Both of these are true.  But at the same time there is so much to do, it does make sense to see who is named for the two leadership posts before we come unglued.  And I don't mean that either of the above are unglued.

It is odd that it is so quiet.  One would think if we were chatting with someone from another org...even one of their people would catch wind of it.  I think the big fear is that either the Orioles are only talking within...which goes against what they said, or they are still debating within on how to go about this search.  Neither of those would be good things.

We are left to fill the void of information with speculation and our past leads us to dark assumptions.  But they are still just assumptions.  

I consider this the bottom.  The darkest point of the abyss.  I root for a 4 game WS and hope that the first glimmers of light and hope are just on the horizon.  If the baseball gods have any love for Baltimore Oriole franchise, it sure would be a good time to smile upon them.  

4 hours ago, wildbillhiccup said:

Maybe it's because they haven't started looking yet. I wouldn't put anything past this inept organization.

21 minutes ago, Tx Oriole said:

Maybe it's because they haven't started looking yet. I wouldn't put anything past this inept organization.

I mean, Brady's days are pretty full. You're asking a lot of him to find a GM and Manager too with this kind of schedule. 

8am - 9am  - hot yoga

9am - 9:30am - shower / trim sideburns

9:30 - 10:00am - breakfast / kale smoothie

10:00am - 11:00am - lift weights

11:00am - 12:00pm - stare longingly at himself in the mirror

12:00pm - 1:00pm - lunch (boiled chicken rice) / watch old Jack LaLanne infomercials

1:00pm - 2::00pm - daily trip to GNC

2:00pm - 3:00pm - work / meddle (if the spirit moves him)

3:00pm - 4:00pm - cardio

4:00pm - 5:00pm - stare longingly at himself in the mirror (again)

5:00pm  - 6:00pm - standing dinner with Chris Tillman

7:00pm - 8:00pm - Wheel of Fortune / Jeopardy

8:00pm - 10:00pm - 90210 Reruns

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, wildbillhiccup said:

I mean, Brady's days are pretty full. You're asking a lot of him to find a GM and Manager too with this kind of schedule. 

8am - 9am  - hot yoga

9am - 9:30am - shower / trim sideburns

9:30 - 10:00am - breakfast / kale smoothie

10:00am - 11:00am - lift weights

11:00am - 12:00pm - stare longingly at himself in the mirror

12:00pm - 1:00pm - lunch (boiled chicken rice) / watch old Jack LaLanne infomercials

1:00pm - 2::00pm - daily trip to GNC

2:00pm - 3:00pm - work / meddle (if the spirit moves him)

3:00pm - 4:00pm - cardio

4:00pm - 5:00pm - stare longingly at himself in the mirror (again)

5:00pm  - 6:00pm - standing dinner with Chris Tillman

7:00pm - 8:00pm - Wheel of Fortune / Jeopardy

8:00pm - 10:00pm - 90210 Reruns

You forgot 6:00 - 7:00 pm, batting practice in the cage in uniform (it still fits!)

1 hour ago, Tx Oriole said:

From the Sun:

The Orioles didn’t sign any of the remaining gems in the internarional market now that Sandy Gastón is gone. It’s far more of an indictment of where they were than where they’re going, though it probably helps if they figure it out soon.

At worst, their offers weren't sufficient despite the ability to at least match, if not outspend, a Marlins club that spent the month of October acquiring bonus pool money to get on the Orioles' level. Even with the lifestyle differences between Florida and Baltimore, money could have been an equalizer.

But lost in all this is the reality of the organization's standing both around the game and internationally. Domestically, their search to replace executive vice president Dan Duquette with a new baseball operations chief from outside the organization rolls on apace, and they appear no nearer a winner in that race than they were when Duquette was dismissed on Oct. 3. Baseball's news embargo during the World Series means the search could stretch into November.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/orioles/bs-sp-orioles-gaston-mesa-20181023-story.html