Enjoy Terror

2018-19 Offseason Tracker

22 minutes ago, Enjoy Terror said:

Orioles have acquired 2B Yeltsin Gudino from Blue Jays. There's not a corresponding piece from us, so I presume it's some sort of cash, international or otherwise, going back. He hit in A+ Dunedin last year.

http://www.milb.com/player/index.jsp?player_id=650988

Holy crap, he looks like a young Machado.

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Legend_Of_Joey said:

Holy crap, he looks like a young Machado.

I don’t see much resemblance.  

48 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I don’t see much resemblance.  

I think he means the ears.

13 hours ago, Enjoy Terror said:

Orioles have acquired 2B Yeltsin Gudino from Blue Jays. There's not a corresponding piece from us, so I presume it's some sort of cash, international or otherwise, going back. He hit in A+ Dunedin last year.

http://www.milb.com/player/index.jsp?player_id=650988

DD did a lot of little moves like this. This is how we acquire international talent. We try and get change of scenery guys once they flame out with their original team. Milton Ramos comes to mind. 

Toronto likely had a logjam of that position in the low minors and dealt away a guy that probably didn’t want to compete for ABs on the bench or he was just blocking younger players. 

6 minutes ago, Enjoy Terror said:

Alejandro Juvier was cut from Frederick.

Any word on Collin Woody? Didn't see him on any roster or on the Extended Spring Training list.

34 minutes ago, Legend_Of_Joey said:

Any word on Collin Woody? Didn't see him on any roster or on the Extended Spring Training list.

I'm not seeing him either. Checked the Keys and Baysox. No mention.

https://www.milb.com/frederick/news/hall-headlines-keys-break-camp-roster/c-305800074

https://www.milb.com/bowie/news/baysox-announce-2019-break-camp-roster/c-305798892

1 hour ago, Luke-OH said:

Gregory Infante was released.

I hope he gets over his health problem, which sounded pretty serious.  

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Orioles Information

Orioles News and Information

Daily Organizational Boxscores

News

Tony's Takes

Orioles Roster Resource

Orioles Prospect Information

2018 End of Season Top 30 Prospects List

Prospect Scouting Reports

Statistics

2019 Orioles Stats

2019 Orioles Minor League Stats

Baseball Savant Stats

• So I'm glad you said this because there is some misunderstanding out there about why players are left unprotected. The misconception is that if a player is left unprotected, that means they are viewed as less valuable than the last guy on the 40 man.  This is a common misconception, but this is completely untrue. It's not Unprotected Player vs Last Man on the 40 It's actually Chance of unprotected player getting selected and carried vs Chance that player would have to be DFA at some point if added + the Last Man on the 40
    • He's on waivers, so he can be had just by adding him to the 40, rather than the 26 like the Rule 5.
    • Here's some of my thoughts on the controllable DFA guys (so no Leone, Chen, Duffy, etc).  Explaination of Escobar as the top guy. He has a above average to plus curveball and changeup. He sits in the mid-90s and can run it up into the high 90s. His issue is fastball command, I think it's fixable, he's young and he turns over his fastball the way you would a changeup, imparting a similar spin axis as the change. By staying behind the fastball more, tweaking the release, he'd has less horizontal movement, making it easier to command and also giving it more hop so it'll be a swing and miss pitch up in the zone. Talented arm, the issues are fixable and the Pirates haven't done a great job at developing pitchers.   
    • I'm wondering, how is Jharel Cotton Rule 5 eligible? Is there a certain amount of time in the Majors a play has to be before they are no longer eligible, or is it that he was outrighted to the Minors?
    • Yeah, there are a few guys on the DFA list who are hurt by the juiced ball. Cortes Jr and also more established guys like Chen and Leone. Flyball guys who are seeing typical cans of corn going over the fence. 
    • Or insult the person, he likes to belittle those who disagree with him rather than contest the point. It's one thing if it's a troll, but he does that when presented with an evidence-based good faith argument as well. 
    • Of course you can go wrong.  Any time a GM adds a player without a series of solid, well thought-out and justifiable reasons you've got a problem.  100 losses or not, throwing something against the wall to see if it sticks is not a strategy.  It's certainly not something I would hope to see from Elias and his increasingly impressive staff.
  • Popular Contributors