Moose Milligan

Ex-Orioles in the postseason

5 hours ago, ORIOLE33 said:

Harper has had a very interesting career. I don’t think too many people thinks he’s as good as Manny, but his two best years are better than any year Manny has ever had. Outside of his two great years, he’s been very average. 

With that being said, I get the feeling Harper’s more box office than Manny. He’s the one I see in commercials. 

Harper's actually not bad at playing straight-man roles in commercials--he and Posey. Manny's agent should persuade him to do some image-improvement cameos on a show like "Sesame Street," if the producer would take him, which he/she shouldn't.

33 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

It worked out pretty well for Reggie Jackson.

27 minutes ago, foxfield said:

Yeah, but you only need one straw to stir a drink !!!

o

Yeah, and Munson could only st ........

o

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, tntoriole said:

This FOX post-game show is disgusting.

20 hours ago, tntoriole said:

Alex Rodriguez is such a jerk.

o

I didn't watch it.

What was some of the stomach-turning content ???

o

5 minutes ago, OFFNY said:

o

I didn't watch it.

What was some of the stomach-turning content ???

o

He kept yucking it up with Ortiz about their days and then their questions were either just saying “tell me how it feels...”  or just speeches designed to say “Look at Me!”  Baseball being represented by those two in the official booth is just sickening. 

• Thanks 1

That's our Evan Phillips, who came over with Zimmerman, Cumberland, and Encarnacion for Gausman and O'Day, pitching second for the Dodgers behind Joe Kelly the opener. Faced four Braves, K'd three of them. No hits, no runs, now pinch-hit for.

Phillips had a great K/Innings ratio for the Orioles, but also walked way too many batters. Glad he may have found a niche with the Dodgers.

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, LA2 said:

That's our Evan Phillips, who came over with Zimmerman, Cumberland, and Encarnacion for Gausman and O'Day, pitching second behind Joe Kelly the opener. Faced four Braves, K'd three of them. No hits, no runs, now pinch-hit for.

Phillips had a great K/Innings ratio for the Orioles, but also walked way too many batters. Glad he may have found a niche with the Dodgers.

I like this trending up to the Orioles Talk forum.   It is very baseball beautiful that it isn't out of play in a few hours he's the one Lauren Shehadi talks to about stemming the tide when the 2021 Dodgers championship probability got to its lowest to date.

I don't think he is going to be on their 40 on November 20th or anything, but baseball man, baseball!!I 

I think I think that this summer/fall, the drivers of "outcomes involving any AAAA pitcher" have more to do with the Club than with the Player than they ever have.   

You make your replacement level, and maybe out of willful neglect...you even don't.   I mean, 128 innings of Matt Harvey...

• Upvote 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Orioles Information

Orioles News and Information

Daily Organizational Boxscores
News

Tony's Takes

Orioles Roster Resource

Orioles Prospect Information

2021 Top 30 Prospects List

Prospect Scouting Reports

Statistics

2021 Orioles Stats

2021 Orioles Minor League Stats

Baseball Savant Stats

• I'm pretty sure these guys call the Summer Eve's Douche Bowl. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=522H44ddePQ
    • Being the number one destination by a long shot in an area with top 5 amateur talent still matters. Being in an attractive major urban area still matters. Having top notch facilities and fan base still matters. Leaving the ACC hurt the programs standing.  But there's a reason the school has had such sustained stretches of success in the past.  Even under Turgeon the team was generally a top 25ish team. If you get fired for being generally top 25ish, that's because people have higher expectations for the program.  And they should.  Because the school has all the advantages to be a top 20 team annually.   Now, that's not saying this hire will end up well for MD.  They could conceivably get worse.  But that won't be because of the program's potential.
    • I think you're looking at it the wrong way by placing too much emphasis on the current state of the program.  I of course don't think thry are currently a top-25 program.  But Maryland was able to lure away P5 coaches from schools that are on your list for their last 2 coaching hires, including during a time when they were facing NCAA sanctions.  On top of that, they were really close to luring away a coach (Sean Miller) from a program that I had listed as better than us.  That's fact, not theory.  I don't believe for a second that Turgeon's tenure here dropped the desirability of this job down to where we aren't still close to that level, nor do I think that the other schools closed the gap so significantly that we are worse than all of them.   Let's look at it another way.  If Iowa lost its coach and were looking for a coach this offseason, would they beat us out in terms of hires?  Would TAMU?   Would Alabama?  Would USC?  With Iowa and TAMU I feel very strongly thay they wouldn't. Especially since we already poached one coach from TAMU.  Alabama?  Maybe depending on how much a coach values environment over Benjamin's.  USC?  Only for someone who wants to be in LA.  FSU?  Absolutely not.  Auburn?  similar to Alabama IMO but maybe more tilted in favor of Auburn.  Arkansas?  Debatable as well.   Regardless there are enough schools on this list where I think Maryland comes out clearly ahead in this exercise that I feel comfortable putting this HC position as a top-25 job.
    • Well, Westry is out.  Smith hurt his ankle And Young was sick.  It could mean they just want more depth and that none of them are out. The McCrary thing is interesting.  Wonder if they give him carries tomorrow?
    • 2022 MLB Draft - Top 200 Prospects — Prospects Live   I posted this a month ago.  Check out his swing at No. 7.    
    • Apparently Enfield has some local ties…maybe that’s a big help. Odom, the coach at UMBC when they beat UvA figures to be on the list too.
    • Oh man, there should definitely be a Summers Eve Douche Bowl.  That would be amazing!
  • Popular Contributors