Thato'sfan

Duquette is expected to be fired

8 minutes ago, atomic said:

Does it make sense to keep a manager through the entire season when you were expecting to contend and were out of it by May 1st? 

Not really, but keeping the GM makes less sense, since his decisions actually affect the future of the organization while the lame duck manager just costs meaningless games.

Thank goodness, a clean slate was what this organization needed. The talk that Duquette would stay on, made me sick. I feel much better about the future now, and we don't even know who will be the players. But clearly, it was time for a house cleaning.

1 minute ago, theobird said:

Thank goodness, a clean slate was what this organization needed. The talk that Duquette would stay on, made me sick. I feel much better about the future now, and we don't even know who will be the players. But clearly, it was time for a house cleaning.

Unless Brady is shipped out, then, is it really a clean slate?

7 minutes ago, Redskins Rick said:

Unless Brady is shipped out, then, is it really a clean slate?

The quote I read said they would hire a new GM who would then make ALL decisions on the baseball matters. Yes, that's a clean slate.

6 minutes ago, theobird said:

The quote I read said they would hire a new GM who would then make ALL decisions on the baseball matters. Yes, that's a clean slate.

Brady is under contract still, so in theory, the new GM could retain him.

13 hours ago, SteveA said:

That's a stretch.   Some owners keep a low profile with regards to their team.   Ravens' owner Steve Biscotti, considered by most to be a great owner, talks to the press about the Ravens once a year.   

True but let’s be honest, Steve Biscotti can talk to the media once a year BECAUSE he is considered a great owner. No one confuses the Angelos family as great owner. And while a low profile does not in any way mean bad owner, it does not help. 

Ill just say yesterday was a missed opportunity to communicate on the state of the Orioles in a fashion that fueled the good feelings of optimism about the future. But it neither assured success nor doomed the rebuild to failure. 

Just now, foxfield said:

True but let’s be honest, Steve Biscotti can talk to the media once a year BECAUSE he is considered a great owner. No one confuses the Angelos family as great owner. And while a low profile does not in any way mean bad owner, it does not help. 

Ill just say yesterday was a missed opportunity to communicate on the state of the Orioles in a fashion that fueled the good feelings of optimism about the future. But it neither assured success nor doomed the rebuild to failure. 

Some believe Mark Cuban is a good owner, and I suspect he talked to the media.

11 hours ago, SteveA said:

Would teams let you interview their front office personnel in the middle of the season?

I'm asking, I don't know.

How many mid-season GM changes are there, where the new permanent guy takes over mid-season?   I don't recall any but I'm sure someone will educate me if it's happened in recent history.   I just don't think that's how it's usually done.

Dave Dombrowski was hired by Boston during the season but he already been fired by the Tigers earlier that month. The Tigers just promoted their asst GM. 

My point they could have hit the ground running instead of waiting.  

1 minute ago, Redskins Rick said:

Some believe Mark Cuban is a good owner, and I suspect he talked to the media.

Sure, I just mean that how much an owner chats to media has little to do with how good they are perceived to be. 

Just now, wildbillhiccup said:

...or "be told" to retain him. #firebrady

If the GM being hired, is given authority to make personal decisions, then he wont be told to retain him.

2 hours ago, Redskins Rick said:

If the GM being hired, is given authority to make personal decisions, then he wont be told to retain him.

Exactly, and if the new GM wants to retain Brady Anderson then good deal. Brady Anderson takes a lot of crap around here, but he most certainly has value imo. Just hire the new GM and turn the reigns over to him. That's all. Because just like I did with Duquette, I will hold the new GM accountable. None of this, yeah but...bs. The GM is the Captain of the ship and it is his ship to sail or sink. DD sunk his ship, and good riddance.

• Upvote 1