Fall and Winter Leagues

17 minutes ago, Thato'sfan said:
  1. Austin Hays
  2. Victor Victor Mesa?
  3. Hunter Harvey
  4. Cadyn Grenier
  5. Cody Sedlock

Anybody else?

Can not have both Hays and Harvey, as you are only allowed 1 AA player.

Just now, Legend_Of_Joey said:

From MLB.com:

Each Major League organization is required to provide six players subject to the following requirements:

All Triple-A and Double-A players are eligible, provided the players are on at least a Double-A level roster no later than Aug. 1.
One player below the Double-A level is allowed per Major League team.

The real problem would be VVM, Grenier, or Sedlock. The Orioles could assign Sedlock to AA tomorrow and stash him in the pen but that might be too aggressive. For me, Sedlock and Mesa are musts. Sedlock needs to build up innings and it would help us determine which affiliate to place each guy next year. 

Yusniel Diaz might be another guy. Maybe one of the guys we acquired today.

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, Thato'sfan said:

From MLB.com:

Each Major League organization is required to provide six players subject to the following requirements:

All Triple-A and Double-A players are eligible, provided the players are on at least a Double-A level roster no later than Aug. 1.
One player below the Double-A level is allowed per Major League team.

The real problem would be VVM, Grenier, or Sedlock. The Orioles could assign Sedlock to AA tomorrow and stash him in the pen but that might be too aggressive. For me, Sedlock and Mesa are musts. Sedlock needs to build up innings and it would help us determine which affiliate to place each guy next year. 

Yusniel Diaz might be another guy. Maybe one of the guys we acquired today.

My bad, I got the two levels confused. Stupid multi tasking.

Sedlock and Hays would be tough. The rules do say they have to be active 45 days before their teams season ends. 

Greiner is too new and doubt he goes. Victor squared isn't posted yet.

Diaz is a good option. So would Cervenka. Flaa and/or Grimes would be a good relief pitcher option. Araujo is also eligible and as a Rule 5 pick from last season who has missed most of this year, it would be ideal to send him.

Wells, Lowther, Baumann, or Hanifee will probably be the low level selection.

Brannon or Mountcastle could be the infielder that gets sent.

• Upvote 2

Harvey, Sedlock, and Hays should be locks if a work around for the active roster stipulation can be found. Tate would also be a candidate but he too lacks the 45 days after returning from the DL.

6 hours ago, Legend_Of_Joey said:

My bad, I got the two levels confused. Stupid multi tasking.

Sedlock and Hays would be tough. The rules do say they have to be active 45 days before their teams season ends. 

Greiner is too new and doubt he goes. Victor squared isn't posted yet.

Diaz is a good option. So would Cervenka. Flaa and/or Grimes would be a good relief pitcher option. Araujo is also eligible and as a Rule 5 pick from last season who has missed most of this year, it would be ideal to send him.

Wells, Lowther, Baumann, or Hanifee will probably be the low level selection.

Brannon or Mountcastle could be the infielder that gets sent.

Hanifee won't be going, he's already being inning limited because he's pitched so deeply into games to start the season.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Luke-OH said:

Harvey, Sedlock, and Hays should be locks if a work around for the active roster stipulation can be found. Tate would also be a candidate but he too lacks the 45 days after returning from the DL.

Hanifee won't be going, he's already being inning limited because he's pitched so deeply into games to start the season.

That's why I left Hanifee off the second list.

When did Tate come off the DL?

8 minutes ago, Legend_Of_Joey said:

That's why I left Hanifee off the second list.

When did Tate come off the DL?

July 24th, the day he was traded. 

20 minutes ago, Legend_Of_Joey said:

Out of those 4, he is the only one off the DL. Would only reach 41 days right now. 

Hays should be off soon, he's healthy enough, just knocking the rust off.

Luke and Joey should be on the OH payroll if they are not already.  Some serious analysis there, as always.  Long time member, though short on posts, I think I speak for all of us when we say thanks for your top notch contributions. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, Luke-OH said:

Hays should be off soon, he's healthy enough, just knocking the rust off.

Yep, him and Sedlock knocking off some rehab assignments. Too bad Hays first one got rained out. 

I don't know much about the other Winter Leagues (Domincian, Caribbean, Austrailian) so I don't know if those are options for Hays, Sedlock, and Harvey if they are ineligible for the Arizona Fall.

7 minutes ago, scarey1999 said:

Luke and Joey should be on the OH payroll if they are not already.  Some serious analysis there, as always.  Long time member, though short on posts, I think I speak for all of us when we say thanks for your top notch contributions. 

Thank you. I'm just happy to help when/if I can. Having met @Luke-OH in person, if anyone deserves it, it is him. Far more detailed and analytical.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Legend_Of_Joey said:

Now that I got to sit down and go over stuff...

Alright, got some downtime and went thru the rosters to check out who would be good to go.

Keegan Akin: A no brainer here potentially. Several quality starts in Bowie but has been streaky. Can't seem to be consistent from one start to the next. However, a highly thought of pitcher of the future, they might push him to face off against the AFL hitters yet again. The #1 starter this season, a good showing could put him in line for an Orioles debut early next year or even a very extended look in Spring Training. A bad showing could have him repeat Bowie.

I don't think there is any way Akin goes to AFL. He went last year after missing a decent amount of time during the regular season and only pitching about 100 extremely inconsistent innings. He has already passed that this season. I think his next stop is Norfolk soon and will be competing for a spot on the big club next spring. If he doesn't make it, he will surely be starting in Norfolk.

20 hours ago, Legend_Of_Joey said:

Only one player below AA.