Jump to content
Thato'sfan

Fall and Winter Leagues

Recommended Posts

17 minutes ago, Thato'sfan said:
  1. Austin Hays
  2. Victor Victor Mesa?
  3. Hunter Harvey
  4. Cadyn Grenier
  5. Cody Sedlock

Anybody else?

Can not have both Hays and Harvey, as you are only allowed 1 AA player.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Legend_Of_Joey said:

Can not have both Hays and Harvey, as you are only allowed 1 AA player.

From MLB.com:

Each Major League organization is required to provide six players subject to the following requirements:

All Triple-A and Double-A players are eligible, provided the players are on at least a Double-A level roster no later than Aug. 1.
One player below the Double-A level is allowed per Major League team.

The real problem would be VVM, Grenier, or Sedlock. The Orioles could assign Sedlock to AA tomorrow and stash him in the pen but that might be too aggressive. For me, Sedlock and Mesa are musts. Sedlock needs to build up innings and it would help us determine which affiliate to place each guy next year. 

Yusniel Diaz might be another guy. Maybe one of the guys we acquired today.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Thato'sfan said:

From MLB.com:

Each Major League organization is required to provide six players subject to the following requirements:

All Triple-A and Double-A players are eligible, provided the players are on at least a Double-A level roster no later than Aug. 1.
One player below the Double-A level is allowed per Major League team.

The real problem would be VVM, Grenier, or Sedlock. The Orioles could assign Sedlock to AA tomorrow and stash him in the pen but that might be too aggressive. For me, Sedlock and Mesa are musts. Sedlock needs to build up innings and it would help us determine which affiliate to place each guy next year. 

Yusniel Diaz might be another guy. Maybe one of the guys we acquired today.

My bad, I got the two levels confused. Stupid multi tasking.

Sedlock and Hays would be tough. The rules do say they have to be active 45 days before their teams season ends. 

Greiner is too new and doubt he goes. Victor squared isn't posted yet.

Diaz is a good option. So would Cervenka. Flaa and/or Grimes would be a good relief pitcher option. Araujo is also eligible and as a Rule 5 pick from last season who has missed most of this year, it would be ideal to send him.

Wells, Lowther, Baumann, or Hanifee will probably be the low level selection.

Brannon or Mountcastle could be the infielder that gets sent.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Harvey, Sedlock, and Hays should be locks if a work around for the active roster stipulation can be found. Tate would also be a candidate but he too lacks the 45 days after returning from the DL.

6 hours ago, Legend_Of_Joey said:

My bad, I got the two levels confused. Stupid multi tasking.

Sedlock and Hays would be tough. The rules do say they have to be active 45 days before their teams season ends. 

 Greiner is too new and doubt he goes. Victor squared isn't posted yet.

 Diaz is a good option. So would Cervenka. Flaa and/or Grimes would be a good relief pitcher option. Araujo is also eligible and as a Rule 5 pick from last season who has missed most of this year, it would be ideal to send him.

 Wells, Lowther, Baumann, or Hanifee will probably be the low level selection.

 Brannon or Mountcastle could be the infielder that gets sent.

Hanifee won't be going, he's already being inning limited because he's pitched so deeply into games to start the season.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Luke-OH said:

Harvey, Sedlock, and Hays should be locks if a work around for the active roster stipulation can be found. Tate would also be a candidate but he too lacks the 45 days after returning from the DL.

Hanifee won't be going, he's already being inning limited because he's pitched so deeply into games to start the season.

That's why I left Hanifee off the second list.

When did Tate come off the DL?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Legend_Of_Joey said:

That's why I left Hanifee off the second list.

When did Tate come off the DL?

July 24th, the day he was traded. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Legend_Of_Joey said:

Out of those 4, he is the only one off the DL. Would only reach 41 days right now. 

Hays should be off soon, he's healthy enough, just knocking the rust off.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Luke and Joey should be on the OH payroll if they are not already.  Some serious analysis there, as always.  Long time member, though short on posts, I think I speak for all of us when we say thanks for your top notch contributions. 

  • Upvote 1
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Luke-OH said:

Hays should be off soon, he's healthy enough, just knocking the rust off.

Yep, him and Sedlock knocking off some rehab assignments. Too bad Hays first one got rained out. 

I don't know much about the other Winter Leagues (Domincian, Caribbean, Austrailian) so I don't know if those are options for Hays, Sedlock, and Harvey if they are ineligible for the Arizona Fall.

7 minutes ago, scarey1999 said:

Luke and Joey should be on the OH payroll if they are not already.  Some serious analysis there, as always.  Long time member, though short on posts, I think I speak for all of us when we say thanks for your top notch contributions. 

Thank you. I'm just happy to help when/if I can. Having met @Luke-OH in person, if anyone deserves it, it is him. Far more detailed and analytical.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Legend_Of_Joey said:

Now that I got to sit down and go over stuff...

 

Alright, got some downtime and went thru the rosters to check out who would be good to go.

Keegan Akin: A no brainer here potentially. Several quality starts in Bowie but has been streaky. Can't seem to be consistent from one start to the next. However, a highly thought of pitcher of the future, they might push him to face off against the AFL hitters yet again. The #1 starter this season, a good showing could put him in line for an Orioles debut early next year or even a very extended look in Spring Training. A bad showing could have him repeat Bowie.

 

I don't think there is any way Akin goes to AFL. He went last year after missing a decent amount of time during the regular season and only pitching about 100 extremely inconsistent innings. He has already passed that this season. I think his next stop is Norfolk soon and will be competing for a spot on the big club next spring. If he doesn't make it, he will surely be starting in Norfolk.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Legend_Of_Joey said:

Can not have both Hays and Harvey, as you are only allowed 1 AA player.

Only one player below AA.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


Orioles Information


Orioles News and Information

Daily Organizational Boxscores

News

Tony's Takes

Orioles Roster Resource

Orioles Prospect Information

2018 End of Season Top 30 Prospects List

Prospect Scouting Reports

Statistics

2019 Orioles Stats

2019 Orioles Minor League Stats

Baseball Savant Stats







  • Posts

    • Life has really been showing me lately that I am old. I used to post a bunch at one time. Now I usually just read what posters have to say. I am in the process of moving from Florida to Wisconsin complicated by having a heart problem a week ago. When I get settled up there I will renew my long overdue subscription. I will probably never post like I used to as I coach football and in Florida that is basically year round.  I do really miss the conversations with bunch of guys on here that I used to participate in. Just haven't felt like I had kept up well enough to contribute much. But this is the best site on the Web I'm and has been for decades.
    • Tony:  Let me add that I would be willing to contribute more to keep the site going.  I know it is not completely a financial decision but if it will help I am willing to contribute.  I also there could be a creative way to keep it going in some form or another.  
    • Just take 2020 off and come back fresh when the O’s are respectable again.
    • I've been a member of this site for 12 years now, and before that I lurked for quite awhile.  This was the go to site for me.  Through this site I learned so much over the years, and the shared experiences I had here are priceless, and I wouldn't change it for anything in the world.  Tony (and the staff), thank you so so much for everything you've done throughout the years.  I hope that this site can continue and wouldn't mind at all a raising of the plus membership price if it means the site could continue.  If it doesn't, I will understand Tony.  You've brought me and countless other users knowledge, joy, and companionship.  For that we are very blessed.
    • Here's a series of brief notes on the DFAed players with significant team control remaining. In order of preference for the Orioles...(top 5 would be a clear back of the 40 man upgrade IMO, although Cotton and Greene are projects rather than immediate improvements) Luis Escobar 23yo, mid 90s, overpronated fastball with big horizontal, makings of two quality but low spin offspeed pitches Montana DuRapau 27yo super premium spin guy, 4 pitch 5'11" righty, needs to use curveball more, better. Jharel Cotton 27yo 5 pitch former top prospect, led by a elite changeup, been injured, reclaimation project, maybe in the pen Justin Shafer 27yo, solid pitch mix including above avg spin mid 90s FB, slider, hard cutter (90mph), rare change. Strikethrower, but lacks command Conner Greene 24yo righty, big stuff, mid-rotation or late inning, has never been able to throw enough strikes Nick Dini 26yo Bat first catcher, but not an everyday bat. fringe average catch and throw, questionable framing, better than Wynns maybe Drew Gagnon 29yo super low spin 4S FB, uses it up when he shouldn't, good changeup. Could be useful, limited upside Williams Jerez 27yo Mid-90s lefty, low spin FB, that he elevates and gets crushed, quality split, and a usable slider, poor command Taylor Guerrieri 26yo with premium curveball spin and solid command who lost the zone in 2019. Nestor Cortes Jr 24yo command and deception lefty, good k/bb, flyball pitcher hurt by juiced ball CD Pelham 24yo hard throwing lefty reliever, has t100, couldn't throw strikes in 2019 Arnaldo Hernandez 23yo righty, good changeup, hasn't been used in relief, doesn't work as a starter Dario Agrazal 24yo blah command based sinkerballer without a strikeout pitch Jorge Bonifacio 26yo plus run, fringe average glove COF, hit a little, but not enough Nick Martini 29yo LF with some bat control but without LF power
    • On first look it looks like a lot of outfielders were left unprotected. 
    • Here is a list of every teams Top 30 prospects and who were eligible to be protected.  https://www.mlb.com/amp/news/top-prospects-eligible-for-rule-5-draft.html?__twitter_impression=true
  • Popular Contributors

×
×
  • Create New...