Thato'sfan

Fall and Winter Leagues

7 minutes ago, Luke-OH said:

I don't know, I wouldn't, but it seems like they like him more than I do, and he's left handed. 

He did finish the season nicely — 

6 IP 1 R

6 IP 1 R

6 IP 0 R

Something to build on.

2 minutes ago, Frobby said:

He did finish the season nicely — 

6 IP 1 R

6 IP 1 R

6 IP 0 R

Something to build on.

I wonder if he could see a velo spike like Muckenhirn in the bullpen. 

Is Lee eligible to be a MILB FA if we don’t add him back to the 40 man?  I would say we’re looking at a 40 man roster crunch, but I think we all know we really want that number to be 37 going into the rule 5 draft. 

Do we send guys to the AFL that are eligible for the rule 5, but that we prefer not to have to protect?  It would just be like a free audition for some team. Could we send Pedro Arajuo?

On 8/30/2018 at 9:51 PM, sportsfan8703 said:

Is Lee eligible to be a MILB FA if we don’t add him back to the 40 man?  I would say we’re looking at a 40 man roster crunch, but I think we all know we really want that number to be 37 going into the rule 5 draft. 

Do we send guys to the AFL that are eligible for the rule 5, but that we prefer not to have to protect?  It would just be like a free audition for some team. Could we send Pedro Arajuo?

I am unsure about Lee.

I would send guys you are unsure of and see what happens. But usually they have a good idea who they want to keep.

They could send Arajuo, since he was a Rule 5 pick. But it sounds like he is fully shut down for the year.

On 8/25/2018 at 1:47 PM, cboemmeljr said:

I would like to see them send:

Drew Dosch

Josh Rogers

Anthony Santander

Dillon Tate

Ryan McKenna 

Tyler Erwin

Jon Meoli tweeted this today:

The Orioles added right-handed relievers Jay Flaa (2.77 ERA, 0.95 WHIP at Bowie) and Tanner Chleborad (3.61 ERA at Bowie) plus left-handed reliever Tyler Erwin (1.58 ERA, 1.00 WHIP at Frederick) to the Glendale roster for the Arizona Fall League this week. 1 P, 1 C remaining.

Edited by cboemmeljr
what I pasted didn't work correctly
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, cboemmeljr said:

The Orioles added right-handed relievers Jay Flaa (2.77 ERA, 0.95 WHIP at Bowie) and Tanner Chleborad (3.61 ERA at Bowie) plus left-handed reliever Tyler Erwin (1.58 ERA, 1.00 WHIP at Frederick) to the Glendale roster for the Arizona Fall League this week. 1 P, 1 C remaining.

This tweet needs a couple of pronunciation clarifications.

Is it pronounced "Flay" or "Flah".   Cleeborad, Clehborad, or is the Chl actually pronounced out which makes it hard to say?

I can figure out Tyler Erwin on my own.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, SteveA said:

Is it pronounced "Flay" or "Flah".   Cleeborad, Clehborad, or is the Chl actually pronounced out which makes it hard to say?

My wife says Flah, and Cleeboarad. And she is always right. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, cboemmeljr said:

Wow, is that a boring group of selections!

57 minutes ago, SteveA said:

"Flah" and "Chl-ebor-ad."

44 minutes ago, weams said:

My wife says Flah, and Cleeboarad. And she is always right. 

36 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I disagree. Flaa was extremely good this season and was an outside shot at a bullpen spot this year. Chleborad had a decent season. Both are Rule 5 eligible.

Erwin had an outstanding year, especially once he took over for a horribly struggling Teague. Not sure if he is Rule 5 eligible or not.

12 minutes ago, Legend_Of_Joey said:

"Flah" and "Chl-ebor-ad."

I disagree. Flaa was extremely good this season and was an outside shot at a bullpen spot this year. Chleborad had a decent season. Both are Rule 5 eligible.

Erwin had an outstanding year, especially once he took over for a horribly struggling Teague. Not sure if he is Rule 5 eligible or not.

They all had good years.    I don’t think any of them will ever be an impact major leaguer.  Just my opinion.   

1 hour ago, Frobby said:

I see it as a good thing. Mostly all of our P prospects made it through the season healthy and got to their innings limit. 

29 minutes ago, Frobby said:

They all had good years.    I don’t think any of them will ever be an impact major leaguer.  Just my opinion.   

Maybe not. But I liked Chleborad in Frederick and he didn't tank in Bowie. Flas caught my attention too as someone who gets outs. I'm interested in how they do against better competition.

Erwin is intriguing too, as he did great against A ball and will get a big test this fall, but will need more than a good month.

On 7/31/2018 at 6:16 PM, Legend_Of_Joey said:

My bad, I got the two levels confused. Stupid multi tasking.

Sedlock and Hays would be tough. The rules do say they have to be active 45 days before their teams season ends. 

Greiner is too new and doubt he goes. Victor squared isn't posted yet.

Diaz is a good option. So would Cervenka. Flaa and/or Grimes would be a good relief pitcher option. Araujo is also eligible and as a Rule 5 pick from last season who has missed most of this year, it would be ideal to send him.

Wells, Lowther, Baumann, or Hanifee will probably be the low level selection.

Brannon or Mountcastle could be the infielder that gets sent.

Never do more than one task at a time. I once tried to talk on the phone while walking my dog, I walked out of my place in Ocean City at 9pm ... yadda yadda yadda at 7am I woke up on a canoe in the Mississippi River with 18lbs of blue socks. Fortunately a small Native American family took me in and let me stay over for cornbread and succotash — by noon I had taught them that Maryland is mini-America because we have plains, plateaus, mountains, the ocean, and the bay. It reminded me of the film oceans eleven.

I’d like to see McKenna, Ortiz, Carroll, Diaz, Dietz, and Mountcastle in the fall league. 

• Haha 1