Thato'sfan

Fall and Winter Leagues

McKenna is currently 4th in OPS in the league as the league approaches the midpoint of their schedule. Phoenix seems like a fun baseball town...baseball almost year round. 

1 hour ago, Ohfan67 said:

McKenna is currently 4th in OPS in the league as the league approaches the midpoint of their schedule. Phoenix seems like a fun baseball town...baseball almost year round. 

So what if he's OPSing 1.133.  What matters is he has no homers and no steals.  :cool:   Btw, his OPS is over 200 points higher than any teammate, but it is a small sample size.  

36 minutes ago, Ruzious said:

So what if he's OPSing 1.133.  What matters is he has no homers and no steals.  :cool:   Btw, his OPS is over 200 points higher than any teammate, but it is a small sample size.  

Everything is small sample size in the Fall League. :)

• Upvote 2

On 10/26/2018 at 2:10 PM, Ruzious said:

So what if he's OPSing 1.133.  What matters is he has no homers and no steals.  :cool:   

Yeah that’s why he’s not doing that well in my AFL fantasy league. (Yes, that’s a joke.)

• Haha 1

Chris Lee has pitched well in the AFL.   2 runs in 5 IP yesterday after throwing 5 innings of 1-hit ball his previous start.    Maybe back on the radar screen just a little?

15 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Chris Lee has pitched well in the AFL.   2 runs in 5 IP yesterday after throwing 5 innings of 1-hit ball his previous start.    Maybe back on the radar screen just a little?

I heard people getting varied looks,  some good some not so much. Apparently his velocity has been all over the place and hasn’t commanded the slider well enough to miss bats at a high rate. The fastball is a good pitch and limits contact quality, but is that enough to get MLB hitters out.

1 hour ago, Frobby said:

He's only had 1 hiccup in the AFL. I think that he has earned a spot on the 40-Man.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Enjoy Terror said:

I didn’t want to start a new thread so this one will do:

Throwback to David Wright in a Tides jersey. We must’ve still been with Rochester back then.

Don’t forget our halcyon years with Ottawa.

9 hours ago, Enjoy Terror said:

I didn’t want to start a new thread so this one will do:

Throwback to David Wright in a Tides jersey. We must’ve still been with Rochester back then.

Wright played for the Tides in 2004, when the Orioles were affiliated with Ottawa.

On 10/26/2018 at 1:05 PM, Ohfan67 said:

He's now 1st in OPS.  Granted, he's only played 14 games.  

33 minutes ago, Ruzious said:

He's now 1st in OPS.  Granted, he's only played 14 games.  

I'm very excited to see him doing well, even though it is small sample sizes. His offensive performance at Frederick was well above his other stops. I wanted to see some exciting offensive production and he has more than provided it. I know 14 games doesn't mean much or maybe anything really in terms of projections, but for pure fan fun it's great. 

• Upvote 2

Here’s a link to the stats for all our guys playing in the various winter leagues as well as the AFL: http://mlb.mlb.com/milb/stats/org.jsp?id=bal

Not much of interest on the hitting side outside of the AFL.   Anthony Santander has a .188 BA down in Venezuela.   Luis Ysla has a 3.00 ERA there despite carrying a 1.76 WHIP.

In the Dominican, Pedro Araujo has a 2.79 ERA while striking out 13 per 9, and Diogenes Almengo has a 1.69 ERA.    Nothing else that really interests me down in the DWL; the hitters there are non-prospects.

Today is the final game of the AFL regular season.    Ryan McKenna is at .344/.474/.590 while playing only about half the games; hopefully he gets to play today.  Steve Wilkerson has been just so-so at .282/.372/.338.   Martin Cervenka has struggled, .212/.241/.346.   None of our relievers have been too impressive, though Tanner Chleborad has managed a 1.46 ERA to match his 1.46 WHIP.   Tyler Erwin is at 5.40/2.00, while Jay Flaa is at 4.50/2.00.   Chris Lee has been the standout at 3.05/1.26, pitching as a starter.