Luke-OH

The Victor Victor Mesa/Sandy Gaston thread

43 minutes ago, Frobby said:

How are we as fans going to “see action” in that regard?    They could sign 10 scouts and we’d never really know.    I assume if Dan says we’re going to do that, he’s not just blowing smoke, but I’m not expecting to read some list of the scouts we hired.    

Roch has a lot of space to fill on a daily basis.  I'm fairly confident he would be looking for it and would mention it if it happened.

Isn't Victor Victor's brother trying to sign too?  Should we offer to sign both to lure him to us?

8 hours ago, utvolzac said:

Imo, this organization has proven to be incompetent in almost every way possible. They don’t deserve the benefit of the doubt. Maybe Peter is out and things will change for the positive. I certainly hope so. But until I see action, I don’t care what Duq, or Brady or any of the Angelos family say.

I had to do this to you utvol 😩

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, connja said:

Hmmmm, check this out. Especially the last bit about dark horses.  

http://mlb.com/r/article?ymd=20180726&content_id=287472096&vkey=news_mlb&c_id=mlb

Which team is the dark horse to sign one or both of the Mesa brothers?
The Orioles. General manager Dan Duquette recently said that there are plans to revamp the club's approach to the international market, and there's no bigger way to reemerge on the international scene than signing top Cuban international prospects once they become available.

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, ScGO's said:

Isn't Victor Victor's brother trying to sign too?  Should we offer to sign both to lure him to us?

LOL - give Brad - er - DD a holler!

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, connja said:

How do you have the link details show in the thread?

http://mlb.com/r/article?ymd=20180726&content_id=287472096&vkey=news_mlb&c_id=mlb

Who has the most bonus pool available for this signing period?
Social media exploded with speculation that the $1 million in international pool money the Mets acquired from Oakland in the trade for Jeurys Familia would be used to sign Victor Victor when he becomes eligible to sign. The truth is, of the seven teams with the most pool money still available, the Mets rank seventh with approximately $1.3 million remaining.

The teams with more money than the Mets are the Orioles -- who have traditionally stayed out of the Latin American prospect market -- with their full $5.5 million allotment remaining. The Marlins are next with $4.1 million, followed by the Cubs at $3.05 million, the Dodgers at $2.7 million, the Rays at $1.96 million and the Mariners at $1.5 million.

The Orioles. General manager Dan Duquette recently said that there are plans to revamp the club's approach to the international market, and there's no bigger way to reemerge on the international scene than signing top Cuban international prospects once they become available.

51 minutes ago, bobmc said:

I had to do this to you utvol 😩

Gross. I just threw up in my mouth a little.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, weams said:

Who has the most bonus pool available for this signing period?
Social media exploded with speculation that the $1 million in international pool money the Mets acquired from Oakland in the trade for Jeurys Familia would be used to sign Victor Victor when he becomes eligible to sign. The truth is, of the seven teams with the most pool money still available, the Mets rank seventh with approximately $1.3 million remaining.

The teams with more money than the Mets are the Orioles -- who have traditionally stayed out of the Latin American prospect market -- with their full $5.5 million allotment remaining. The Marlins are next with $4.1 million, followed by the Cubs at $3.05 million, the Dodgers at $2.7 million, the Rays at $1.96 million and the Mariners at $1.5 million.

This is wonderful.  Oh, if this happens and we trade all the folks we've been talking about, we'll have a top 10 milb system going into next year.

We can offer the most money by $1.4 million. $5.5 million is about what we paid Brad Brach this year. We’ve handled these trades as if DD was back in charge. I think a signing like this would go a long way for the O’s selling this rebuild. Signing Victor Victor and then having the number 1 pick will boost any rebuild. 

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1