Tony-OH

TT: Silence of Ownership is Deafening

1 minute ago, Can_of_corn said:

It would be very rare for a AAA manager to voluntarily step down from that position.

It is much more likely that he was let go instead of choosing to leave.

So if they are given the choice to leave, I feel that the vast majority of the time they would stay.

What's the advantage to him leaving?  How does the quality of the ML team matter to a minor league manager?  What are the odds of him being able to secure a superior or even equivalent position elsewhere?  It is not as if he's some hot commodity.

Very well... atd. smh

11 minutes ago, drjohnnyfeva said:

Very well... atd. smh

6 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

atd - Agree to disagree... yet you continue to throw fuel to the fire.  Clearly you don't agree with me.  That's fine.  You've stated that.  This is not becoming of a moderator.  You're being antagonistic.

I think a guy of Dan's, like Ron Johnson, would have plenty of opportunity around the league.  So I disagree with you again.

1 minute ago, drjohnnyfeva said:

atd - Agree to disagree... yet you continue to throw fuel to the fire.  Clearly you don't agree with me.  That's fine.  You've stated that.  This is not becoming of a moderator.  You're being antagonistic.

I think a guy of Dan's, like Ron Johnson, would have plenty of opportunity around the league.  So I disagree with you again.

I'm not a moderator.

All I did was provide some facts, I didn't quote you, just provided some actual information.

I think neg repping a post like that is a lot more antagonistic than simply providing unbiased information.

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I'm not a moderator.

All I did was provide some facts, I didn't quote you, just provided some actual information.

I think neg repping a post like that is a lot more antagonistic than simply providing unbiased information.

Please... atd.

27 minutes ago, drjohnnyfeva said:

Please... atd.

It's never good here to negative rep someone for just disagreeing. If they attack you personally...then sure. If we negative repped every time we disagree, then we'd probably be negative repped on every post we make lol.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, drjohnnyfeva said:

I would think if he had so much value, he'd be on a major league coaching staff somewhere. JMO.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, drjohnnyfeva said:

It is also possible that "not bringing them back," means that those guys might have chosen to leave on their own if given that option or if they had that option contractually.  We'll just have to wait and see.  I could understand anyone not wanting to come back to this organization...

With a season like ours, I would have expected some real communication from the franchise.  Yet I don't really expect a lot under normal circumstances.  But I think we are finding out that the tight-lipped aspect of the club is going to continue, until, as we've seen in the past, talking serves some agenda internally.  I would love to be Ant Man so I could observe what goes on behind those doors of the warehouse. 

It can also mean that whoever is in charge told him "your contract expires at midnight on October 31st. We are not going to offer you a new deal." Especially with everyone else that has a link to Duquette being told they aren't coming back.

1 minute ago, Dark Helmet said:

It's never good here to negative rep someone for just disagreeing. If they attack you personally...then sure. If we negative repped every time we disagree, then we'd probably be negative repped on every post we make lol.

I agree with that. I can remove them.

1 minute ago, Dark Helmet said:

I would think if he had so much value, he'd be on a major league coaching staff somewhere. JMO.

Perhaps, yet who wouldn't want to get out of here if they have the opportunity?  I think the guy would manage well enough.

2 hours ago, drjohnnyfeva said:

Sorry, we'll have to just disagree.  If you're good and you know it, there's a place for you...and you go.  Plus, who would leave a job without lining something up or knowing you have something lined up?  No one.  Choosing to go sort of implies you have somewhere to go...

Ron Johnson didn't choose to go. He was let go before his contract expired on 10/31. The article I read said most contracts run January to January, but the Orioles wrote this one up to expire in October, to give guys a shot at jobs that expire in January. 

2 minutes ago, Legend_Of_Joey said:

It can also mean that whoever is in charge told him "your contract expires at midnight on October 31st. We are not going to offer you a new deal." Especially with everyone else that has a link to Duquette being told they aren't coming back.

Fair enough.  I get that.  I posed a different possibility.

26 minutes ago, drjohnnyfeva said:

I agree with that. I can remove them.

Perhaps, yet who wouldn't want to get out of here if they have the opportunity?  I think the guy would manage well enough.

I hope Johnson does have a shot somewhere. From all I've heard he's a quality person and a quality baseball guy. I can see wanting to jump ship and if I'm guys like Buck and Dan who have made millions, not sure I'd be too upset to go. But as a guy in the minors I may look at it differently...a paycheck is a paycheck. I'm not sure.

29 minutes ago, drjohnnyfeva said:

Fair enough.  I get that.  I posed a different possibility.

No problems. I've often been the other-side of disagreements lol.

Just now, Dark Helmet said:

I hope Johnson does have a shot somewhere. From all I've heard he's a quality person and a quality baseball guy. I can see wanting to jump ship and if I'm guys like Buck and Dan who have made millions, not sure I'd be too upset to go. But as a guy in the minors I may look at it differently...a paycheck is a paycheck. I'm not sure.

I'm sure he gets a job somewhere but AAA Manager is pretty close to top of the heap so he might be looking at a pay cut.