Frobby

Buck speaks

On 10/29/2018 at 9:57 AM, JR Oriole said:

It is really unfortunate that a guy like Buck spends decades in the game and will never see the World Series, while Alex Cora as a rookie manager gets gifted with the golden roster and wins a title in his first year as manager after winning one in Houston as a coach last year and in 2007 as a player with Boston. 

Like Harbaugh winning the SB with a team built by somebody else.

Gruden won a SB with a Tony Dungy built team.

Barry Switzer with the Cowboys won a SB too, with another coach built team.

2 minutes ago, Redskins Rick said:

Like Harbaugh winning the SB with a team built by somebody else.

Gruden won a SB with a Tony Dungy built team.

Barry Switzer with the Cowboys won a SB too, with another coach built team.

Altobelli.

On 10/29/2018 at 8:57 AM, JR Oriole said:

It is really unfortunate that a guy like Buck spends decades in the game and will never see the World Series, while Alex Cora as a rookie manager gets gifted with the golden roster and wins a title in his first year as manager after winning one in Houston as a coach last year and in 2007 as a player with Boston. 

Showalter was let go by the Yankees...they won the world series the next year. Showalter was let go by the Diamondbacks...they won the world series the next year. Showalter was let go by the Orioles...YES BABY! Start saving for world series tickets!! I'll see you at Game 1!!

• Haha 2

19 minutes ago, Ohfan67 said:

Showalter was let go by the Yankees...they won the world series the next year. Showalter was let go by the Diamondbacks...they won the world series the next year. Showalter was let go by the Orioles...YES BABY! Start saving for world series tickets!! I'll see you at Game 1!!

And the Rangers fired Showalter and...got worse the next year. So, flip a coin, either we win the World Series or win fewer than 47 games in 2019. 😁

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, TGO said:

And the Rangers fired Showalter and...got worse the next year. So, flip a coin, either we win the World Series or win fewer than 47 games in 2019. 😁

I'll take that bet (against the < 47 or World Series title). 

7 minutes ago, TGO said:

One is about as likely as the other.

• Thanks 1

On 10/30/2018 at 12:30 PM, TGO said:

No, no, no. That’s a big misunderstanding. That was a different Buck Showalter. People confuse the two sometimes, but they are really very different people.  The one the Orioles let go equals an automatic World Series win. 

I may have an unhealthy affection for Buck. Anyone who got us out of the 14-year horror show lands in my permanent O's Hall of Awesomeness. His love of the game, his dedication to the O's and I still think he got more done with less than any manager the team has had. I'm not sure the pitching was ever at a championship level, despite the strong bullpen.

And the the first post in the thread was a reminder of his class. 

All that said, it was time for a change. I wish him well.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Canson80 said:

I'm sorry but Buck was a terrible, terrible manager in games. Maybe the worst.

I doubt many people agree with you.    I certainly don’t.   

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Canson80 said:

Then you didn't watch the games. I would say most agree. So many Buck losses

When did Buck Bat, Field or Pitch??/  Did you watch the games??  I may have missed that.

5 minutes ago, thezeroes said:

When did Buck Bat, Field or Pitch??/  Did you watch the games??  I may have missed that.

You don't finish eight games behind your pythag without being able to hang some of those on the Manager.

1 hour ago, Can_of_corn said:

You don't finish eight games behind your pythag without being able to hang some of those on the Manager.

Buck must have been a genius in 2012 when they won 11 more than pythag. 

Ps. Just to be clear, I would have fired Buck and DD at the end of May. I’m just jerking your chain. 

• Upvote 1