Sign in to follow this  
section18

Mark DeRosa Could Be Our Next Manager - Speculating

22 minutes ago, wildcard said:

You forgot with experience in the areas for which he will be in charge.  Like managing a pitching staff.

Maybe experience will be a prerequisite, maybe not.    Rocco Baldelli has no experience managing a pitching staff.   Neither did Gabe Kapler.  Neither did Aaron Boone.   Nor Scott Servais.     Just to name a few first-time managers hired in the last few years.   

31 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Maybe experience will be a prerequisite, maybe not.    Rocco Baldelli has no experience managing a pitching staff.   Neither did Gabe Kapler.  Neither did Aaron Boone.   Nor Scott Servais.     Just to name a few first-time managers hired in the last few years.   

Servais managed a pitching staff.  He was a catcher. But of course you have a point.

What is your claim to fame? Really !  Tell us ! Several teams have considered him for their manager position and he turned down one or two of them after interviewing with them. So I guess we are all incompetent.  He's got a job making $750,000 with mlb network.  Are you making more than that? You must have a lot of friends. There is an old saying if you don't have anything good to say about somebody don't say it. I was one of the few on here who picked Mike Elias to be our GM weeks before he was announced with Cherington being President. They decided to make this one position but I still picked Elias.  So you are saying I made a wrong guess/pick? Problems ahead for the Orioles.  Is that what you are sayng?

This is for the bearded wonder.

3 minutes ago, wildcard said:

Servais managed a pitching staff.  He was a catcher. But of course you have a point.

I forgot Servais was a catcher.    I agree catchers have a bit of a leg up on managing a pitching staff.  But the skills of calling a game are a bit different than deciding when to pull the starter, how to sequence the relievers, when to warm a guy up, etc.   

1 hour ago, section18 said:

What is your claim to fame? Really !  Tell us ! Several teams have considered him for their manager position and he turned down one or two of them after interviewing with them. So I guess we are all incompetent.  He's got a job making $750,000 with mlb network.  Are you making more than that? You must have a lot of friends. There is an old saying if you don't have anything good to say about somebody don't say it. I was one of the few on here who picked Mike Elias to be our GM weeks before he was announced with Cherington being President. They decided to make this one position but I still picked Elias.  So you are saying I made a wrong guess/pick? Problems ahead for the Orioles.  Is that what you are sayng?

This is for the bearded wonder.

You are consistently the worst poster on this message board. The. Worst. Wear your crown proudly my friend. 

• Downvote 1

2 hours ago, Frobby said:

The point is he's started a whole thread based on zero substance without a shred of legitimate information to back it up. Imagine if I went on a Wizards message board and wrote a droning verbose post about how Charles Barkley should be their next manager. That's how ridiculous this is. Why are we even still humoring him with replies? This is also the man and/or woman who suggested that we sign Mike Moustakas this off season because you know that's what rebuilding teams do. Sign overrated and expensive free agents to long term deals. (insert 1,000 eye roll emojis). 

Do you read any other web sites baseball related? I didn't think so. Try the one below;

https://www.yardbarker.com/mlb/articles/mark_derosa_a_possibility_for_next_orioles_manager/s1_127_27057119

Moustakas signed a 1year contract this year. Will probably sign one in 2019 perfect for a rebuilding team.

Nothing about my saying Mike Elias should be GM. 

Here's another one !

https://www.baltimorebaseball.com/2018/11/21/elias-managerial-pick-wont-hasty-one/

I don't know much about DeRosa. I doubt we'll hear much about who the new Manager is until they get hired. As long as they know how to develop young players, I'm fine.

7 hours ago, wildbillhiccup said:

The point is he's started a whole thread based on zero substance without a shred of legitimate information to back it up. Imagine if I went on a Wizards message board and wrote a droning verbose post about how Charles Barkley should be their next manager. That's how ridiculous this is. Why are we even still humoring him with replies? This is also the man and/or woman who suggested that we sign Mike Moustakas this off season because you know that's what rebuilding teams do. Sign overrated and expensive free agents to long term deals. (insert 1,000 eye roll emojis). 

Without getting into the merits of the OP, my reply was to wildcard.   As to DeRosa, I already gave my view that there are way too many potential candidates for me to guess who Elias will choose, and he really hasn’t dropped any big hints.    If someone wants to guess DeRosa, it’s fine by me.    

8 hours ago, wildbillhiccup said:

You are consistently the worst poster on this message board. The. Worst. Wear your crown proudly my friend. 

The guy put "speculating" in the topic. And Mike Moustakis signed a one year low dollar deal to play last season. You don't think Moustakis is a better third baseman than Beckham? The board is about conversation, not reporting. Last time I checked, we were still allowed to speculate.

5 hours ago, theobird said:

The guy put "speculating" in the topic. And Mike Moustakis signed a one year low dollar deal to play last season. You don't think Moustakis is a better third baseman than Beckham? The board is about conversation, not reporting. Last time I checked, we were still allowed to speculate.

Agreed. I would rather sign a couple low cost one year contracts than to rush guys to the majors who aren’t ready and possibly slow their development.

23 hours ago, section18 said:

Only Mike would know the answer to that question.  Everyone says yes when asked baseballs favorite question these days.

As to experience with training.........google Mark DeRosa videos and watch the ones where he discusses hitting.  He played for 8 different organizations and experienced numerous spring training sessions.  He could probably write the best ST Manual.

Watch the videos and you'll probably change your mind about his experience . He and Chris Davis would be a great match.

Sorry but I'd pass on him as manager.

I think this has run its course for now. If he signs as manager I'll open it and give the proper kudos. 

• Upvote 1