Jump to content
Tony-OH

Elias Progress Thread

Recommended Posts

Congrats to Mr. Elias for raiding Orioles Hangout and stealing away Luke-OH!

Luke-OH, I guess you will get to know Ms. Rosenbaum now!

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/9/2020 at 3:15 PM, JimGinSP said:

Congrats to Mr. Elias for raiding Orioles Hangout and stealing away Luke-OH!

Luke-OH, I guess you will get to know Ms. Rosenbaum now!

 

Does mean, he gets to meet @Sir_Loin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Elias is a class act. From Roch:

Quote

Elias called [Branden] Kline with news of the DFA, which included an explanation and some words of encouragement.

Kline never felt unwanted, even as he awaited his fate.

“Mike told me, ‘Hey, we picked somebody up, we had to make a waiver claim, and we need the roster spot, so we decided to take you off. We’re hoping, obviously, that you come back to us. We’ll see what happens in the next week or so,’” Kline said.

“He was very up-front and very honest, which I really appreciated. I was very thankful. And then I got the phone call saying, ‘Hey, you’re still with us, you haven’t been claimed by anybody.’ I was happy about that. Obviously, I want to stay with this organization and I want to be able to kind of help this team push forward and go from there.”

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/14/2020 at 12:58 PM, scOtt said:

Elias is a class act. From Roch:

 

This was a common complaint during the Duquette era - a lack of communication. So this is great to see.

In fairness, guys like Surhoff complained about the lack of communication when he was "fired" recently. But I tend to roll my eyes at that one moreso than a player who just can't get in touch with management, as was the case during the Duquette era.

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/18/2020 at 9:57 AM, interloper said:

This was a common complaint during the Duquette era - a lack of communication. So this is great to see.

In fairness, guys like Surhoff complained about the lack of communication when he was "fired" recently. But I tend to roll my eyes at that one moreso than a player who just can't get in touch with management, as was the case during the Duquette era.

Mora was in DR, trying to interest Orioles scouting onto good prospects and couldnt even get his calls returned.

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Redskins Rick said:

Mora was in DR, trying to interest Orioles scouting onto good prospects and couldnt even get his calls returned.

 

We all know Dan had issues with the phone in his office.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


Orioles Information


Orioles News and Information

Daily Organizational Boxscores
News

Tony's Takes

Orioles Roster Resource

Orioles Prospect Information

2018 End of Season Top 30 Prospects List

Prospect Scouting Reports

Statistics

2019 Orioles Stats

2019 Orioles Minor League Stats

Baseball Savant Stats






×
×
  • Create New...