mdbdotcom

Will Dickerson or Kirby Be Brought Back?

47 minutes ago, atomic said:

Their contracts ended a couple of months ago and are no longer associated with the team

Neither Hyde or Elias have had encounters with them as part of the team.  So I see zero reason why they would hire them.

While they aren't favorites to be hired IMO, I wouldn't go to the extreme of saying zero reason.  Both have MLB experience in positions that the Orioles need to fill, and both are familiar with the Orioles organization and many of the players.  Prior working relationships with Elias and/or Hyde would certainly be a plus, but I don't think it is an absolute requirement.  After all, Elias hired Hyde, and they've never worked together before, as far as I know.

17 minutes ago, InsideCoroner said:

I know it's not likely either will be back, and I understand why, but I'll kind of miss not seeing Kirby out by first base. 

I always felt like he should have had a grill out there.

• Upvote 2

13 hours ago, Number5 said:

While they aren't favorites to be hired IMO, I wouldn't go to the extreme of saying zero reason.  Both have MLB experience in positions that the Orioles need to fill, and both are familiar with the Orioles organization and many of the players.  Prior working relationships with Elias and/or Hyde would certainly be a plus, but I don't think it is an absolute requirement.  After all, Elias hired Hyde, and they've never worked together before, as far as I know.

It has to be up to the manager. He has a right to hire his own staff. No more of ownership picking the mangers staff.

3 hours ago, Tx Oriole said:

It has to be up to the manager. He has a right to hire his own staff. No more of ownership picking the mangers staff.

Agreed.  I was responding to the comment that there would be zero reason to hire Dickerson or Kirby.  They are qualified candidates.  Whether Hyde and Elias prefer other candidates is another matter.

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, Number5 said:

Elias didnt interview Buck for manager.  Hyde isnt going to want old coaches interferring with his message.  

4 minutes ago, atomic said:

Elias didnt interview Buck for manager.  Hyde isnt going to want old coaches interferring with his message.  

What?

3 hours ago, Number5 said:

What?

Buck interviewed Dan Duquette. Buck was relieved of his duties before thing GM was hired. Kirby and Dickerson and Bordy are all guys. They could get tabbed by our new manager named Brandon. Brandon. Probably not. He must have been one of the first Brandons. Nice sturdy name. Brandon Hyde. See you tomorrow at noon!.