Bahama O's Fan

Anyone Following Manny? (Signs with San Diego)

1 minute ago, NashLumber said:

I'm getting queasy with this direction the Manny story's taking. I was really hoping he'd be in the NL and the O's would not have to be exposed to him beating 'em with one of the O's best former pieces. I mean, they were gonna trounce the O's anyway, but at least it would not be with Manny and Britton putting the exclamation point on it. Hoping it's someone else. 

Long Term Options: San Diego, ChiSox

Short Term Options: Philly

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, scOtt said:

I'm starting to think he signs a huge one-year deal with a lesser club, Philly, White Sox, maybe even his hometown Marlins. Try again next year.

He should only do that if he thinks the market will be better next year.

Will it?  The free agent market is trending down the past few years.

Just now, SteveA said:

He should only do that if he thinks the market will be better next year.

Will it?  The free agent market is trending down the past few years.

I'd rather have Arenado.

Just now, weams said:

Manny was supposedly offered 220 for seven or eight years by the Yankees. 

He should have accepted immediately.

If it happened.

Just now, Can_of_corn said:

If it happened.

He’s worth more.

1 minute ago, Il BuonO said:

He’s worth more.

So?

Ain't many players getting paid what they are "worth".

He can play where he wants or maybe make more to play somewhere he doesn't want to be.

So?

Ain't many players getting paid what they are "worth".

He can play where he wants or maybe make more to play somewhere he doesn't want to be.

So? He’s worth more in this market. The Phillies creative contract with Arrieta is an example of the type of deal that might suit both parties. A higher AAV in place within that type of deal might get it done.

Just now, Il BuonO said:

So? He’s worth more in this market. The Phillies creative contract with Arrieta is an example of the type of deal that might suit both parties. A higher AAV in place within that type of deal might get it done.

How much more would you have to be paid to do something you'd rather not do instead of your dream job?

How much more would you have to be paid to do something you'd rather not do instead of your dream job?

Well, you’ve nailed it.

*sigh

2 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

If it happened.

2 minutes ago, Il BuonO said:

He’s worth more.

Call it collusions or what not, MLB Owners are not going to pay $300MM+ for Harper or Machado....  It's just absurd to pay athletes this much money.

Manny is better off taking whatever 1-2 year deal he can get @ $30MM-$40MM per year and test the market out again. 

Just now, Mayor McCheese said:

Call it collusions or what not, MLB Owners are not going to pay $300MM+ for Harper or Machado....  It's just absurd to pay athletes this much money.

Manny is better off taking whatever 1-2 year deal he can get @ $30MM-$40MM per year and test the market out again. 

It’s what I said, higher AAV with an opt out in the second year. Something like that.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Il BuonO said:

Well, you’ve nailed it.

*sigh

I think Manny wants the Yankees more than the Yankees want Manny.

13 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I'd rather have Arenado.

Much older and showed slump potential last year. Also. Coors. Woosh. 

Just now, weams said:

Much older and showed slump potential last year. Also. Coors. Woosh. 

He's not going to ask 10 years.

Maybe can get him for five, six on the outside.

Also, he doesn't throw bats at people.