Jump to content
Roll Tide

A trade for Harbaugh....possible? Per Schecter

Recommended Posts

14 minutes ago, TonySoprano said:

4 teams have fired their coaches: TB, NYJ, CLE, and GB.  DEN, WSH, and CIN could be looking for a new coach as well.  That's the makings of a bidding war.

Plus Miami is expected to do the same and is rumored to have interest.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, dorfmac said:

Denver, Washington, and Miami are all options for the Flacco/Harbaugh package deal.

Washington would have to do something crazy to get Joe under the cap.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, GoldGlove21 said:

I just have no idea what people are talking about. Trading Harbaugh? Why?

We heard that Harbaugh was coming back for 2019 and an extension was in the works. 

Then Peter King reported Harbaugh wanted a ton more money and control over roster decisions.

Things have been quiet from the Ravens

Today there was a rumor that a team would be calling if the Ravens lost.

Jeff Z reported it was Tampa

Later Florio reported that John was Denvers plan A, and there was also interest from Denver and Miami.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, dorfmac said:

No relief for Smith potentially retiring?

His current plan is to rehab and comeback.....He'd have to actually retire for them to get relief.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Roll Tide said:

We heard that Harbaugh was coming back for 2019 and an extension was in the works. 

Then Peter King reported Harbaugh wanted a ton more money and control over roster decisions.

Things have been quiet from the Ravens

Today there was a rumor that a team would be calling if the Ravens lost.

Jeff Z reported it was Tampa

Later Florio reported that John was Denvers plan A, and there was also interest from Denver and Miami.

Any team could just keep the picks, wait a year and offer Harbaugh a ton. The same problem with Flacco' deal will be the problem with Harbaugh. Walk years and success equal huge pay days. 

It seems that 50% of teams are looking for coaching upgrades. If we move Harbaugh who is our replacement?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, GoldGlove21 said:

Any team could just keep the picks, wait a year and offer Harbaugh a ton. The same problem with Flacco' deal will be the problem with Harbaugh. Walk years and success equal huge pay days. 

It seems that 50% of teams are looking for coaching upgrades. If we move Harbaugh who is our replacement?

Typically the Ravens promote from within right?    I guess we've only changed head coaches twice in our entire history actually.   Harbaugh came as a "FA" so to speak.

Tomlin's stock seems pretty low in PIT right now......I think I'd be interested there.  The 'other' Harbaugh I'd be comfortable giving an enormous offer to.

It feels like Harbaugh has a lot of leverage right now......and Idk if the Ravens are going to meet his demands.   Would you?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ArtVanDelay said:

Which Smith?

The previous post is talking about problems with the salary cap in Washington..........so he must be talking about Alex Smith.  Not sure if teams get contract relief if they sign a player to a huge deal and his leg then falls off.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, ArtVanDelay said:

Which Smith?

 

5 minutes ago, Aglets said:

The previous post is talking about problems with the salary cap in Washington..........so he must be talking about Alex Smith.  Not sure if teams get contract relief if they sign a player to a huge deal and his leg then falls off.

They would get relief from the any guaranteed money for 2019 moving forward. In the case of the injury I doubt any bonus would have to be repaid. 

 

Eithet way Alex Smith would have to want to retire. It sounds like he wants to rehab and then try to play.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Roll Tide said:

Eithet way Alex Smith would have to want to retire. It sounds like he wants to rehab and then try to play.

Joe Theismann had a similar, but, if you can believe it, less severe, leg injury (wasn't compound fracture) and ended up with one leg an inch shorter than the other.  Alex Smith is done as a football player.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


Orioles Information


Orioles News and Information

Daily Organizational Boxscores
News

Tony's Takes

Orioles Roster Resource

Orioles Prospect Information

2018 End of Season Top 30 Prospects List

Prospect Scouting Reports

Statistics

2019 Orioles Stats

2019 Orioles Minor League Stats

Baseball Savant Stats






×
×
  • Create New...