Jump to content
Roll Tide

A trade for Harbaugh....possible? Per Schecter

Recommended Posts

I still stand by wink as head coach, marv back as DC, and gase as OC - I would be all sorts of jacked up about that staff.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, dorfmac said:

I still stand by wink as head coach, marv back as DC, and gase as OC - I would be all sorts of jacked up about that staff.

Is Marvin really interested in working for Martindale?

I wouldn't be that upset if he leaves to become a head coach.

The Ravens have drafted heavily on defense the last several years. The majority of their talent is on defense.

The drafting has helped make several defensive coaches look great.....Rex, Marvin, Smith, Nolan, Pagano, Pees, Del Rio, and I'm sure there are a few more before Martindale.

Im personally not making him my head coach with so little experience. 

I do like the idea of Gase as my OC ...but doubt there is even a chance without Harbaugh leaving ...I seriously doubt that he is forced to fire Marty if he's extended.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pretty much every defensive coordinator that we've developed and later quit to become a head coach.........has been a failure right?   

I guess Marvin Lewis was the most successful?  Thinking guys like Rex Ryan, Chuck Pagano.......... Ryan had early success but then later crashed pretty darn hard.

I'm kind of skeptical that being a good DC necessarily means you're a good HC candidate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Camden_yardbird said:

I tend to think McCarthy is an average coach with good QBs.  I wouldn't want him.  That wont stop dumb teams.

Sure ...He will end up somewhere!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Speculation per La Canfora

 

Quote

The Bucs have not made a splashy hire since they traded for Jon Gruden way back when. This ownership is up to something, and has a trick up its sleeve. The Bucs have been very slow to put in many interview requests, and some think they are stalling to see what happens in Baltimore. And they should be. They failed to get Chip Kelly or Gruden, again, a year ago. They can't do another Raheem Morris or Greg Schiano or Lovie Smith orDirk Koetter hire now. The stated desire to keep Jameis Winston and the existing front office would be an issue if they did make this pursuit, but then again, you don't try something this big without being willing to make massive changes to see it through. I'd offer two second-round picks the moment the Ravens' season ends -- especially if that comes Sunday -- and I'd offer Harbaugh $11 million per year with the ability to evaluate the entire team, including the quarterback. And if ownership is truly committed to Winston, then I'd be all-in on a college guy, like Kirby Smart, who comes from the same coaching tree as Jimbo Fisher, Winston's college coach, and who might best be able to make this thing work long-term.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, can see a desperate team like Tampa or Denver shipping a couple high picks for the safety of Harbaugh. Would be all over that. GOLDEN OPPORTUNITY to get away from a lousy coach. LOL at Harbaugh wanting more personnel influence ..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Roll Tide said:

Speculation per La Canfora

 

 

Well we get nothing out of our second round picks so I don't know about that return.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Brian88 said:

Well we get nothing out of our second round picks so I don't know about that return.

Yeah, but how much of that was Harbaugh? We went from crushing the draft to being afraid of taking playmakers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Finisher said:

Yeah, but how much of that was Harbaugh? We went from crushing the draft to being afraid of taking playmakers.

Probably very little, but who knows

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Finisher said:

Yeah, but how much of that was Harbaugh? We went from crushing the draft to being afraid of taking playmakers.

Harbaugh certainly has made no qualms about reducing the number of personalities in the locker room.  I think to a certain extent that has worked and to a certain extent it has not.  The biggest Divas in the league are elite WRs and the ravens have never had one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Brian88 said:

Probably very little, but who knows

 

1 hour ago, Camden_yardbird said:

Harbaugh certainly has made no qualms about reducing the number of personalities in the locker room.  I think to a certain extent that has worked and to a certain extent it has not.  The biggest Divas in the league are elite WRs and the ravens have never had one.

 

I think a lot of the character stuff was mandated by Steve B. I do agree that John doesn't like dealing with A personalities which eliminates the Ray Lewis, Boldin, and Ray Lewis types.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Roll Tide said:

 

 

I think a lot of the character stuff was mandated by Steve B. I do agree that John doesn't like dealing with A personalities which eliminates the Ray Lewis, Boldin, and Ray Lewis types.

I agree, Ray Lewis had enough personality for two people.

JK.  I get what you are saying.  I think there is a place for quiet leadership like Weddle, but there can also be a sense of identity instilled by loud leaders.

I actually think one of the reasons that Harbaugh is so widely sought after is his ability to put a competitive product together that does not depend on loud player leadership. A lot of owners like that sort of thing especially in today's NFL. (Some as good business and some for perhaps more socially unacceptable reasons I wont get into here).  For that reason I think the Ravens could get a boat load of draft picks for him and should.

I think the Raven Way is an identity unto itself that will survive with any competant coach.  Built through some legendary players it is a defense first, hit them in the mouth mentality that while built by some coaches and players and transcended all of them.  

It bent Brian Billick (a big pass, big offense) coach into a SB winner who won with defense and running.  It has done the same with Harbaugh.  And it can do so with the next guy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Camden_yardbird said:

I agree, Ray Lewis had enough personality for two people.

JK.  I get what you are saying.  I think there is a place for quiet leadership like Weddle, but there can also be a sense of identity instilled by loud leaders.

I actually think one of the reasons that Harbaugh is so widely sought after is his ability to put a competitive product together that does not depend on loud player leadership. A lot of owners like that sort of thing especially in today's NFL. (Some as good business and some for perhaps more socially unacceptable reasons I wont get into here).  For that reason I think the Ravens could get a boat load of draft picks for him and should.

I think the Raven Way is an identity unto itself that will survive with any competant coach.  Built through some legendary players it is a defense first, hit them in the mouth mentality that while built by some coaches and players and transcended all of them.  

It bent Brian Billick (a big pass, big offense) coach into a SB winner who won with defense and running.  It has done the same with Harbaugh.  And it can do so with the next guy.

I agree with you ...Also the second Ray Lewis was meant to be Ed Reed. I think Suggs currently give you some of that and we know he's in the twilight.

Honestly, I would trade Harbaugh for the picks and hire Greg Williams to be our coach. I believe Cleveland will pass on him which is just plain stupid imo.

I know he was involved in the bonus head hunting thing ... But to me it proves hes a smash mouth approach.

I've heard Martindales name mentioned here and a couple other places. Personally, I think I could do well coaching the Ravens defense and believe they can make most coaches look good. Pees is a good example of what I am saying. Don has done a much better job with the D than Pees... But I'm not ready to say hes the next head coach. I think that you can point to the fact that most of our DCs have when other places and produced mediocre results. I dont think he will be any difference.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just don't see Harbaugh getting traded unless he wants out.  He'll get paid here, so the only reason he may want  out is more control.  Is he  really dumb enough to think he can duplicate his success here in some other organization?  All he has to do is look at what his brother Jim went through in San Francisco to realize the grass isn't going to be greener.   The Ravens and John will work something out.  Book it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


Orioles Information


Orioles News and Information

Daily Organizational Boxscores

News

Tony's Takes

Orioles Roster Resource

Orioles Prospect Information

2018 End of Season Top 30 Prospects List

Prospect Scouting Reports

Statistics

2019 Orioles Stats

2019 Orioles Minor League Stats

Baseball Savant Stats







×
×
  • Create New...