Roll Tide

A trade for Harbaugh....possible? Per Schecter

8 hours ago, Brian88 said:

Lack of weapons, poor play calling, and a poor offensive line obviously can all hurt the play of a QB but it's not going to make a good QB one of the worst in the league for 3 years.

This is a wasted conversation. Ok Joe sucks he’s a piece of 💩. Do you feel better now?

We purged the team after the super bowl.

Joe had us on the doorstep of the playoffs the last couple years only to have the defense choke it up at the end with Dean Pees prevent.

As I recall, during the losing streak the defense coughed up the Saints game at the end after the offense gave us the lead. Without looking I believe there was another that we should’ve won.

but again your right🤨

Whoops...I posted the following in a similar thread without having seen this one; I think this one is more apt for my comments. Apologies for the redundancy!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'd much rather him stay than leave, but I'm just not seeing where/how he's going to bring in this mother lode of draft picks that's been speculated. 1st round picks are at a high premium now, much more so than at the time of the Gruden trade in 2002.

IIRC, Mike Holmgren fetched a 2nd rounder for the Packers when he left for Seattle - not to insinuate that Holmgren is necessarily on Harbaugh's level (although as of now, they've almost identical winning percentages), but I do think that that's probably more in line with what kind of compensation to expect. Teams are just too stingy with their #1s these days.

All things considered, while Harbaugh certainly has his warts, I hope that he and management can work out a fair, long-term deal. A bird in the hand....

8 hours ago, Brian88 said:

Lack of weapons, poor play calling, and a poor offensive line obviously can all hurt the play of a QB but it's not going to make a good QB one of the worst in the league for 3 years.

I think since 2014 the offensive coordinators have been awful. And Morningweg is the worst.  He forced a system on Joe that did not fit his strengths.  When Joe had decent coordinator he was very good.  He is not the guy who sees teams weaknesses at the line and then changes plays that exploits those weaknesses.  Never has and never will be. But he has the ability to lead the team to wins in the playoffs with a good coordinator.  He hasn't lost arm strength.  

I think if you put Flacco in the shotgun every play like they did Lamar and ran an offense to his strengths he would have a very good season yet again. 

I think people are so quickly to blame Flacco that they stick with Lamar no matter how terrible he is.  Mark Sanchez took a team to the playoffs with a great defense.  Lamar will never be a good QB he just doesn't have the skills.  

I know that Morningweg loves a guy like Michael Vick. But Michael Vick was not a great QB.  And Lamar isn't even as good as Vick. I would think you would model your ideal QB as guy who had a lot of success. 

33 minutes ago, McLikin said:

Whoops...I posted the following in a similar thread without having seen this one; I think this one is more apt for my comments. Apologies for the redundancy!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'd much rather him stay than leave, but I'm just not seeing where/how he's going to bring in this mother lode of draft picks that's been speculated. 1st round picks are at a high premium now, much more so than at the time of the Gruden trade in 2002.

IIRC, Mike Holmgren fetched a 2nd rounder for the Packers when he left for Seattle - not to insinuate that Holmgren is necessarily on Harbaugh's level (although as of now, they've almost identical winning percentages), but I do think that that's probably more in line with what kind of compensation to expect. Teams are just too stingy with their #1s these days.

All things considered, while Harbaugh certainly has his warts, I hope that he and management can work out a fair, long-term deal. A bird in the hand....

You could probably get something similar to what Parcells was dealt for picks in rounds1-4.

i suggest you read about the Dolphins owner, his ties to Michigan, and the Harbaughs. And it's said that he wants to make a splash. He's a Michigan booster.

im not saying it's going to happen....but it I think he's the guy that could overpay. The next couple days will be very interesting.

56 minutes ago, Roll Tide said:

This is a wasted conversation. Ok Joe sucks he’s a piece of 💩. Do you feel better now?

Joe had us on the doorstep of the playoffs the last couple years only to have the defense choke it up at the end with Dean Pees prevent.

As I recall, during the losing streak the defense coughed up the Saints game at the end after the offense gave us the lead. Without looking I believe there was another that we should’ve won.

but again your right🤨

I feel like calling the defense that was #1 in the league in a ton of categories the problem is a losing argument 100% of the time.

That said, even good defenses crumble when they are on the field all the time and Joe never did them any favors on that account.  

2 hours ago, Roll Tide said:

but again your right🤨

Yeah, I already made that point. It was pretty clear when your argument always becomes Joe vs Lamar and there are a million excuses for Joe when Lamar has the same players and coaches around him. The defense choked away the playoffs because they are the ones who gave up the final play to knock us out but the defense is the reason the team was in the playoff hunt the last couple seasons. Last year they were in it until week 17 despite the poor play of Joe not because he played well, and also because they played a bunch of backup QBs. 

Yea we actually led the league in interceptions last year...........and I'm sure a big part of that was all the backup QB's we faced.

2 hours ago, Camden_yardbird said:

I feel like calling the defense that was #1 in the league in a ton of categories the problem is a losing argument 100% of the time.

That said, even good defenses crumble when they are on the field all the time and Joe never did them any favors on that account.  

When your defense gives the game up at the end of the game I think that merits conversation.

im not talking about short field situations due to turnovers and poor special teams play.

The inability to finish is important