Sign in to follow this  
HOF19

Hall Famers neutral on team logo

5 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

He probably should go in as a Blue Jay, but I can't fault his wife for making this call. I imagine she is taking into account how much support she and her family got following his tragic passing.

I wonder if Elias or other O's brass has considered reaching out to Moose about this HOF hat thing.  Maybe he's  proposed a plan to immortalize him as an O along with Jim, Frank, Brooks, Cal, Eddie, and Earl.  I think he fits into that group well.  

From a business stand point, it would be beneficial to your brand.  Might be more beneficial to Moose if he's trying to brand himself at all.  Yankees have more market power, but there's a lot of Yankee legends and he'd be a face in the crowd with all their greats.  He'd be one of 7 for the O's.

5 minutes ago, ScGO's said:

I wonder if Elias or other O's brass has considered reaching out to Moose about this HOF hat thing.  Maybe he's  proposed a plan to immortalize him as an O along with Jim, Frank, Brooks, Cal, Eddie, and Earl.  I think he fits into that group well.  

From a business stand point, it would be beneficial to your brand.  Might be more beneficial to Moose if he's trying to brand himself at all.  Yankees have more market power, but there's a lot of Yankee legends and he'd be a face in the crowd with all their greats.  He'd be one of 7 for the O's.

Yeah, seems better to be a grand poobah elder statesman for the Orioles for the next 40 years rather than be lost in the crowd of "True Yankees" like Derek Jeter.

Apparently he hasn't yet decided.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, ScGO's said:

The Yankees brand is a lot stronger.

4 minutes ago, InsideCoroner said:

The Hall should give Mussina one of those holographic images for his cap where from the left side you see the Orioles logo and from the right it becomes New York. Problem solved. 

I could see that becoming a thing

I wrote on Twitter earlier today that guys with good hair can have an image of themselves without a cap. Who needs a logo? But it does discriminate against baldies 🤡

1 hour ago, MurphDogg said:

Yeah, seems better to be a grand poobah elder statesman for the Orioles for the next 40 years rather than be lost in the crowd of "True Yankees" like Derek Jeter.

Apparently he hasn't yet decided.

I predict it plays out just like his FA year. He says all the right things about Baltimore and bolts for NYY (and the $$$) and blames PA for it. He IS going in as a Yankee. He and the Hall will make more $ with him as a Yankee. It is a no brainer.

The Hall of Fame has the last say on which logo is shown (or not shown) on the plaque, so Halladay's plaque still might have a Blue Jays hat and Mussina's might still have an Orioles hat. Will be interesting to see though.

5 minutes ago, MCO'sFan said:

I predict it plays out just like his FA year. He says all the right things about Baltimore and bolts for NYY (and the $$$) and blames PA for it. He IS going in as a Yankee. He and the Hall will make more $ with him as a Yankee. It is a no brainer.

It doesn't make the Hall any more money.

Mussina won't be the tipping point for any Yankee fans to make a trip to Cooperstown. 

He would however draw some Oriole fans.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

It doesn't make the Hall any more money.

Mussina won't be the tipping point for any Yankee fans to make a trip to Cooperstown. 

He would however draw some Oriole fans.

I don't know about that. I have a different opinion. You may be correct though because every time I go it is like 50-60% yankee fans anyway. I just know that the NYY fans pour a lot of money in to the town and Hall