Redskins Rick

2019 - Washington Redskins

1 minute ago, Redskins Rick said:

I think Peterson still have game left.

I think there could be enough carries, if both were healthy and having a good game.

2 different style runners, to keep the defenses from zeroing in on one, and this will open the passing lanes.

I was just reading between lines of a Peterson interview I heard.  He said something to the effect that it’s not uncommon for guys in his stage of his career to play for multiple teams in a season.  

He’s proven that he can’t stand being a backup.

I do agree that he can still play.  But his strength is through a volume of carries to wear down a defense.

1 minute ago, backwardsk said:

I was just reading between lines of a Peterson interview I heard.  He said something to the effect that it’s not uncommon for guys in his stage of his career to play for multiple teams in a season.  

He’s proven that he can’t stand being a backup.

I do agree that he can still play.  But his strength is through a volume of carries to wear down a defense.

I feel you are right.

But, these days, you need 2 really good quality backs, not just a quality backup QB, or if one goes down, the season is over.

5 hours ago, Redskins Rick said:

Football is a hard game, many a team around the league are hurt by the injury bug every year.

Yes, it seams this team is plague, but I wonder, if some of that is perception, because this is our team, and we followed it 100x more than the other teams.

It’s a real thing. I can’t cite a source at the moment but we’ve led the league in number of players on IR something like 4 of the last 5 seasons. It’s crazy. We’re not just imagining things here. 

8 minutes ago, scarey1999 said:

It’s a real thing. I can’t cite a source at the moment but we’ve led the league in number of players on IR something like 4 of the last 5 seasons. It’s crazy. We’re not just imagining things here. 

Sorry, I didnt mean you was, 

They have even blame the trainer and redid their training program, if my own memory stands correct, now that you jogged my own memory. :)

What an embarrassment that second half was yesterday. The whole Guice injury and AP inactive thing reeks of the Redskins just being themselves. Rumor has it that the players knew he wasn’t right. Sucks losing Allen for some time too. We just cannot catch a break...pun fully intended. 

33 minutes ago, scarey1999 said:

What an embarrassment that second half was yesterday. The whole Guice injury and AP inactive thing reeks of the Redskins just being themselves. Rumor has it that the players knew he wasn’t right. Sucks losing Allen for some time too. We just cannot catch a break...pun fully intended. 

Manusky leaves a lot to be desired.  No pass rush.  Wentz had a crowhop on that second DJax touchdown.  I’ve been a Jay guy because I believe he’s done a good job with the talent he has.  But he has to make the playoffs or he’s gone.

Despite all that, there was some good things.  They look like they may get a lot out this draft class.

And Flowers and Penn look somewhat passable.

14 minutes ago, backwardsk said:

Manusky leaves a lot to be desired.  No pass rush.  Wentz had a crowhop on that second DJax touchdown.  I’ve been a Jay guy because I believe he’s done a good job with the talent he has.  But he has to make the playoffs or he’s gone.

Despite all that, there was some good things.  They look like they may get a lot out this draft class.

And Flowers and Penn look somewhat passable.

The lack of pass rush was a killer. We have guys who can get home. Philly has a pretty good line though. But I saw zero creativity in the defensive scheme and play calls. 

Mclaurin and Holcomb flashed some. Where was Sweat all day? I know he was on the field a lot. We got zero out of him though. He was largely invisible in preseason too. 

I read this about Penn on ESPN:

Last year Redskins LT Trent Williams recorded a pass block win rate of 92%, above the OT average of 86%. Today his replacement, Donald Penn, posted a PBWR of 73%. PBWR is an ESPN metric powered by NFL Next Gen Stats.

Lastly, picking nits, but why wouldn’t you go for two after the last TD? The game was decided and the spread was covered lol. May as well have gotten some practice at it at least. 

I wouldn’t want to put my two point plays on tape.

Harmon had a pair of catches and Moreland did well getting a lot of Morneau’s snaps. You’re right, Sweat didn’t  make any impact plays.  He did have one good play where he set the edge on a run, funneled the rb back inside and made the tackle.  Other than that he didn’t do much.

Scherff and Ioannidis were underwhelming too.

AP is back in the saddle.

With news that Derrius Guice is set to miss some time due to a knee injury, Peterson -- a healthy scratch in Week 1 -- is back to being the projected starter in Washington. He had 90-plus rushing yards in seven games last season, a sign that he still has gas left in the tank. He's not much of a factor in the passing game, but with the expected 15 or more carries he'll get per game, Peterson should be rostered in all leagues.

Manusky needs to go, the defense has way too much talent to look as bad as it has the first two games.  Sweat was supposed to be a premier talent in the draft and was only available late in first due to health concerns, I just don't see any other reasoning besides coaching and schemes that he shouldn't be in the backfield making plays all day but instead he is no where to be found.

Not that it needs to be said but this team is not a playoff team.  Trade Trent Williams yesterday for a first round pick + and lets focus on building a solid young O-line starting with next years draft.

2 hours ago, RVAOsFan said:

Manusky needs to go, the defense has way too much talent to look as bad as it has the first two games.  Sweat was supposed to be a premier talent in the draft and was only available late in first due to health concerns, I just don't see any other reasoning besides coaching and schemes that he shouldn't be in the backfield making plays all day but instead he is no where to be found.

Not that it needs to be said but this team is not a playoff team.  Trade Trent Williams yesterday for a first round pick + and lets focus on building a solid young O-line starting with next years draft.

There are too many pieces on defense for it to be this bad.  Just very vanilla giving the QB a clean pocket to make the deep throw.

I am surprised that Dallas didn’t attack Rodgers-Cromartie more often.

If they don’t make the playoffs (insert joke here), then Gruden is likely out.  Todd Bowles is the guy I want. 

44 minutes ago, backwardsk said:

There are too many pieces on defense for it to be this bad.  Just very vanilla giving the QB a clean pocket to make the deep throw.

I am surprised that Dallas didn’t attack Rodgers-Cromartie more often.

If they don’t make the playoffs (insert joke here), then Gruden is likely out.  Todd Bowles is the guy I want. 

The defense being this bad just doesn't make sense.  I figured coming into the season our offense would be sluggish but defense would keep us in some games.  I am actually pretty happy with what the offense has done.  We might actually have a real number 1 WR in Mclaurin his is legit.  

I have heard Kevin O'Connell is a pretty sharp guy and the young coaches are all the rage these days, I wonder if he might be the successor to Jay?