Redskins Rick

2019 - Washington Redskins

56 minutes ago, Aglets said:

Ummmm, yikes.

Is Keenum done as the starter for the immediate future?   I didn't watch the game but Haskins's line looks real bad.........

It was bad.  One of his picks was actually a really good throw with good anticipation.  Davis turned around and knocked the ball in the air.  Timing is off, which is understandable.

Haskins has tools, but he’ll likely see a coaching change.

Sixth season coaching and they still can’t line up correctly or get a play call off in time.

Defense had some takeaways, but a rookie QB was able to move the ball without their playmaker.

It’s beginning to get as bad as the John Beck year.

121 yards of offense against what was the worst ranked defense. 12 more penalties. There is zero discipline and horrible execution. It’s truly pathetic. 

Where is the emotion and fire? Who are the leaders on this team? They’ve preached that they have recently drafted team captains, tough players and leaders of collegiate teams. Where are they?

I used to give Gruden the benefit of the doubt. Not anymore. He and the entire coaching staff need to go. Along with Bruce and Dan too, which is of course a pipe dream.  

On ‎10‎/‎4‎/‎2019 at 3:38 PM, Aglets said:

Can't see Gruden surviving this season.

This quote aged pretty well.

Gruden fired this morning.

27 minutes ago, Aglets said:

This quote aged pretty well.

Gruden fired this morning.

I texted two of my friends last night, “how does Jay Gruden still have a job?”   Not that changing coaches will fix this mess.

Obviously Snyder is the common thread of dysfunction here, like what Peter Angelos used to be for the Orioles.    Does he act as a de facto GM here too?   

2 hours ago, Aglets said:

Obviously Snyder is the common thread of dysfunction here, like what Peter Angelos used to be for the Orioles.    Does he act as a de facto GM here too?   

I dont think he does.

Gibbs came here for Gibbs2, and have a long talk with Danny about hiring good people and getting out of their way and allowing them to do what they were hired for. Which is the principal he built Gibbs racing on and something he learned from Jack Kent Cooke

I think the problem here, IMO, is Bruce Allen.

On 10/7/2019 at 10:50 AM, Redskins Rick said:

I dont think he does.

Gibbs came here for Gibbs2, and have a long talk with Danny about hiring good people and getting out of their way and allowing them to do what they were hired for. Which is the principal he built Gibbs racing on and something he learned from Jack Kent Cooke

I think the problem here, IMO, is Bruce Allen.

He definitely acts as co GM with his drinking pal Bruce. 

For example, Haskins went to high school with Snyder’s son. One of the many reasons why Dan insisted on drafting Haskins. He just can’t help himself.