Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Tony-OH

2019 Spring Training Tracker

Recommended Posts

So, after a couple weeks of ST and a solid week of games, any updated guesses on a W-L record?

I think Fangraphs had us at 63, base on I know not what, but I am squinting trying to see 70 wins.

Maybe Mike Wright has gotten some necessary guidance( “Hey! Video! Let’s give this a try!”) The Bullpen finds 7 worthwhile guys, including a couple #6 starters who combine for 20-25 good starts, helping to compensate for the rotation disasters 1-5? Maybe Mancini won’t sniff LF? Maybe Davis will be gone? Outfield defense outstanding, infield defense improving to at least neutral, and offense from enough guys?

70? Maybe? Help me out here...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Philip said:

So, after a couple weeks of ST and a solid week of games, any updated guesses on a W-L record?

I think Fangraphs had us at 63, base on I know not what, but I am squinting trying to see 70 wins.

Maybe Mike Wright has gotten some necessary guidance( “Hey! Video! Let’s give this a try!”) The Bullpen finds 7 worthwhile guys, including a couple #6 starters who combine for 20-25 good starts, helping to compensate for the rotation disasters 1-5? Maybe Mancini won’t sniff LF? Maybe Davis will be gone? Outfield defense outstanding, infield defense improving to at least neutral, and offense from enough guys?

70? Maybe? Help me out here...

I really just have no faith in Cashner and Bundy and of course Karns is a huge question mark. And that's before you even have to worry about who's going to start every 5th day. I do think they will play better defense this year but I still think they will be near last in runs scored in the AL. I'd say 60 is reasonable and that should be considered an accomplishment.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, LTO's said:

I really just have no faith in Cashner and Bundy and of course Karns is a huge question mark. And that's before you even have to worry about who's going to start every 5th day. I do think they will play better defense this year but I still think they will be near last in runs scored in the AL. I'd say 60 is reasonable and that should be considered an accomplishment.

 I agree the rotation is the weak spot, but I think we will be able to score runs OK, I don’t know which teams will have which offense, I haven’t looked it up, but I think the rotation will be the problem. If we continue to show an improved Ability to work counts and draw walks, that will help a lot. Chris Davis has struck out almost half of his at bats, it will also help a lot if the team decides to cut bait with him. Then they can move Trumbo to DH and Mancini to first.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Givens hasn't looked too good. He is struggling along tonight agains the Yankees (mainly the back ups.)

He struggled earlier this Spring too, leading to a high ERA and just general struggling.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Legend_Of_Joey said:

Givens hasn't looked too good. He is struggling along tonight agains the Yankees (mainly the back ups.)

He struggled earlier this Spring too, leading to a high ERA and just general struggling.

It’s now late enough in spring training to start getting worried about Givens.    He’s been awful.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Frobby said:

It’s now late enough in spring training to start getting worried about Givens.    He’s been awful.  

Really, all of the known starters and Givens have been pretty bad this spring.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Updated through 3/13..

I find it interesting that Hays is now playing RF, Santander LF. Could the opening day outfield by Santander, Mullins, Hays?

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/21/2019 at 7:57 AM, Enjoy Terror said:

Bo Schultz, Omar Bencomo, and Alcides Escobar were released.

Didn't know about Schultz and Bencomo. Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

Orioles Information


Orioles News and Information

Daily Organizational Boxscores

News

Tony's Takes

Orioles Roster Resource

Orioles Prospect Information

2018 End of Season Top 30 Prospects List

Prospect Scouting Reports

Statistics

2019 Orioles Stats

2019 Orioles Minor League Stats

Baseball Savant Stats







  • Posts

    • That draft was loaded with impact MLB players.  Heck, Aaron Nola went in the 22nd round of that draft (#679 overall).  Everybody missed out on that one.
    • Uhhh okay so reminding a guy he's married to one of the most famous and desirable women on the planet is suppose to make him feel bad? On top of beating their team to go to the World Series? Yep Wank fans are as dumb as they are annoying.
    • Not saying it isn't, but AAA will be the first year we assume he will be using the MLB ball if AAA in 2020 will still be using the same balls. I'm glad Wells continues to beat expectations at every level but being a soft tosser still concerns me and probably always will. Wonder how many innings they give him with the big league club next year in spring training before they option him out to minor league camp?
    • I don't think Preston is giving enough of an adjustment because of weather conditions.  MVP candidate Russell Wilson played worse, against a statistically worse pass defense.
    • I agree. But it's been interesting to me to meet Y fans who found him so annoying that they're glad to be rid of him. They usually cite the fact that he made so many pitching changes and slowed the game down so much it became boring to them.
    • Something similar happened to me and another O's fan visiting from Vegas at the first 2012 playoff game at Yankee Stadium (the one in which Flaherty and Manny hit homers, Adam misplayed Jeter's fly into a RBI-triple, and Ibanez hit the game-tying and -winning homers in the 9th and 12th innings off of Jim Johnson and Matusz after Miguel Gonzalez had pitched his typically Yankee-killer gem). Beer wasn't thrown on us (we were in the bleachers and those fans wd never waste their Bud Light mead)--just the empty blue plastic bottles. We needed a two-officer escort from the water fountain all the way down the ramps. They also mocked my race. The other fan was a young white man and had flown in to bet on the game, and lost. There was a nice Canadian woman behind us who said she was rooting for the Y's, but hated Yankee fans.... I have some some cool photos. Nonetheless, I loved that season and series.
  • Popular Contributors

×
×
  • Create New...