Sign in to follow this  
atomic

How many games did you attend in 2018, how many you will attend in 2019

I went to over 20 last year and I’ll go to over 20 this year as a 29 game plan holder. I’ll miss watching Machado play, but even bad Orioles baseball is better than no Orioles baseball.

A question for other season ticket holders: My old rep left and I was assigned a new rep. My wife and I wanted to move our seats, and were even considering moving to a more expensive section. The new rep couldn’t have been less responsive. He wouldn’t answer his phone, wouldn’t return my calls, and the one time he actually did answer, he told me he was busy (even though I told him I wanted to renew and potentially move to a more expensive section) and that he was putting me on the calendar to call, which he never did. Has anyone else had rep issues? It turned me off to a point that I considered not renewing, but I will enjoy seeing what happens with the young guys and I enjoy it (even in losing seasons) too much to not renew because my new rep was so non-responsive.

I went to OD last year and that was it. I’ll likely do the same this year. It’s sad because I work 2 blocks away. Last year there was just nothing compelling to go see. This year, I might go see some of our guys’ debuts. Especially if Akin, Harvey, Kremer get a start. 

6 hours ago, Sydnor said:

I went to over 20 last year and I’ll go to over 20 this year as a 29 game plan holder. I’ll miss watching Machado play, but even bad Orioles baseball is better than no Orioles baseball.

A question for other season ticket holders: My old rep left and I was assigned a new rep. My wife and I wanted to move our seats, and were even considering moving to a more expensive section. The new rep couldn’t have been less responsive. He wouldn’t answer his phone, wouldn’t return my calls, and the one time he actually did answer, he told me he was busy (even though I told him I wanted to renew and potentially move to a more expensive section) and that he was putting me on the calendar to call, which he never did. Has anyone else had rep issues? It turned me off to a point that I considered not renewing, but I will enjoy seeing what happens with the young guys and I enjoy it (even in losing seasons) too much to not renew because my new rep was so non-responsive.

I would contact the manager of season plan sales and if not satisfied work your way up. After the season they had ,you would think they would be responsive to someone who wants to upgrade. But these are the Orioles. You would think they would have done holiday packs and flex packs in the off-season. You would think they would have gotten their promotions out and single game tickets out sooner. When they get their single game tickets out towards the first of March,they will be one of the last times to do so.I would probably call the manager or if you want email. Just use the first letter of the persons first name and then the full last name @orioles.com.

https://www.mlb.com/orioles/team/front-office

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Sydnor said:

I'm a season ticket holder(13 game plan) and I have had the opposite experience. I was switched to a different rep last year because my previous one had been promoted. Both were and have been very responsive and very helpful. As someone else stated you should contact the season ticket manager.

I was considering not renewing this year, not because of the rebuild, just because the past two years I struggled to get to all 13 games. Last year rain outs really screwed me up and i ended up not using 3 games which is a decent amount of money since I am in club section row 1 at first base. But in the end I decided to renew. I do enjoy going to the games, I just  need to be a little more proactive earlier about selling or trading tickets so I don't end up wasting any.

• Thanks 1

One last year, probably one this year.  

It's nice to go, but I'd rather watch on a really big TV screen, have my own food, not have to drive to Baltimore and have the rest of my day/night to do what I want.  

3 hours ago, Moose Milligan said:

One last year, probably one this year.  

It's nice to go, but I'd rather watch on a really big TV screen, have my own food, not have to drive to Baltimore and have the rest of my day/night to do what I want.  

This is my situation, too.  If I was 20 minutes from the park it would be different, but I'm two hours away.  If it's a weeknight game it's more because traffic starting around Bowie/Crofton is a disaster.  Time at the game is four hours or so, time in transit is 4+ hours.  And I won't get home until at least 1am.  So weeknight games are very rare for me.

And on the weekend, a game means essentially a whole day commitment.  We'll often go to a Sunday afternoon game and leave around 11am, the game will be over around five.  It'll be after seven when we get home, but we'll almost have to stop for dinner so it'll be more like 8, 8:30.  That's a lot for a family with kids.  The boys would rather watch on TV for the most part.

Contrast with DC United.  For me it's 1:15 or 1:30 to the stadium.  Game is a little over two hours all told. I can leave for a weeknight match at 5:30 and be home by 11.  That's a little more like someone going to the O's who lives in Columbia or Bowie or something.

32 minutes ago, DrungoHazewood said:

This is my situation, too.  If I was 20 minutes from the park it would be different, but I'm two hours away.  If it's a weeknight game it's more because traffic starting around Bowie/Crofton is a disaster.  Time at the game is four hours or so, time in transit is 4+ hours.  And I won't get home until at least 1am.  So weeknight games are very rare for me.

And on the weekend, a game means essentially a whole day commitment.  We'll often go to a Sunday afternoon game and leave around 11am, the game will be over around five.  It'll be after seven when we get home, but we'll almost have to stop for dinner so it'll be more like 8, 8:30.  That's a lot for a family with kids.  The boys would rather watch on TV for the most part.

Contrast with DC United.  For me it's 1:15 or 1:30 to the stadium.  Game is a little over two hours all told. I can leave for a weeknight match at 5:30 and be home by 11.  That's a little more like someone going to the O's who lives in Columbia or Bowie or something.

Yeah, I'm about two hours away, too.  I wouldn't dare go on a weeknight, it'd have to be a Sunday day game.  

3 hours ago, Moose Milligan said:

Yeah, I'm about two hours away, too.  I wouldn't dare go on a weeknight, it'd have to be a Sunday day game.  

One of the reasons I was willing to give up being part of a season ticket group was that I had to take a certain number of games on weeknights.    I absolutely hate fighting DC weeknight traffic to get to games.    I’d rather pick out 6-8 weekend games, and do it close to game day so I can get the number of tickets I want (I was always committed to 4 before) and have some idea of how the weather’s going to be.    

• Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, Frobby said:

One of the reasons I was willing to give up being part of a season ticket group was that I had to take a certain number of games on weeknights.    I absolutely hate fighting DC weeknight traffic to get to games.    I’d rather pick out 6-8 weekend games, and do it close to game day so I can get the number of tickets I want (I was always committed to 4 before) and have some idea of how the weather’s going to be.    

If you have season tickets you can exchange your tickets for other games.  Orioles season ticket plans are pretty reasonable in that regard. 

I was at 6 or 7 last year....13 game plan, gave away some of the tickets. I won't be doing a plan this year, but will probably get to 3 or 4 games. 

20 minutes ago, atomic said:

If you have season tickets you can exchange your tickets for other games.  Orioles season ticket plans are pretty reasonable in that regard. 

It was impractical because the tickets were in the name of our group leader so I’d have to go through him and take up his time communicating with the sales reps etc.    

30+ last year and probably the last 20 or so years.  I expect to do 30+ this year too.  I have to say last year was the first year I can remember that I didn't enjoy most of the games.  Last year was also the first year I didn't try to watch every game on TV if I wasn't there in person.  There was something about last year that was just plain bad, far more than just the record.  I look forward to losing with a team that doesn't have that "something" even if I can't say exactly what it was.

• Thanks 1