Sign in to follow this  
Roll Tide

Lamar Jackson Discussion with Poll

What is your prediction on Lamar?  

21 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. What is your prediction for Lamar?

• MVP in the making! (Long career including playoff and a Super bowl)
    • NFL Starter (Better career with Ravens than Joe Flacco)
    • Mediocre starter for Ravens (that last beyond his Rookie contract)
    • Bust - (Doesnt get 5th year club option due to poor performance or serious injury)

6 hours ago, Mitch Connor said:

You want a reply? Why, so you can just ignore it and post the same thing over repeatedly? 

-(You) Bad offensive line   (My response) Joe stands in pocket and takes sacks (and gets beat up) rather than throw ball away, which would be a smart VETERAN move

-(You) No #1 receiver  (My response) Team has brought in veterans and draft picks, but has Joe elevated the talent around him? I'm not so sure

-(You) If Joe was indeed the problem why such a heavy emphasis now to “surround Lamar with Talent”  (My response) With a QB in a cheap rookie contract, team can afford to go out and get talent, but when that rookie scale contract is up, things change.

1) Thankfully Joe will have a chance to prove you wrong somewhere else.

2) they've brought in free agents at the end of their career, middling guys, and pass droppers. I'd argue Torrey Smith has been better here than after he departed.

3)We agree ... but if Joe's tools were so great why the need to a complete overhaul? Because our offensive skill players and line sucks

On 2/9/2019 at 9:22 AM, dorfmac said:

Whether Lamar fails or succeeds, I doubt any of his fans will be too sorry about dumping Joe. His time was up and he wore out his welcome with mediocre at best play. Just because Lamar is or isn't the QB of the future doesn't change the situation with Joe at this point in his career.

Even if Lamar blows out a knee in the preseason and we never see him again I will be glad they moved on from Flacco. 

This team was never going to go anywhere with an aging Joe Flacco and keeping him would ha w delayed future progress.

This post is 100% correct.

20 minutes ago, Camden_yardbird said:

Even if Lamar blows out a knee in the preseason and we never see him again I will be glad they moved on from Flacco. 

This team was never going to go anywhere with an aging Joe Flacco and keeping him would ha w delayed future progress.

This post is 100% correct.

We can agree to disagree 👀

7 minutes ago, Mitch Connor said:

Thought it would be interesting to look at what people are thinking now.

My take on Kodak Black holds up well.

I don’t think anyone thought Lamar would be as good as he has been.  You have to give him credit for spending his off season working on his throwing motion and becoming an elite QB. 

• Upvote 1

If anyone predicted this is how Lamar would be at this point, I have my doubts about their veracity.  That being said, I remember the player RG3 was before he broke his knee, and he has never been the player since.  IF Lamar can stay healthy, his future looks very bright.

Right before the season started, a caller into 105.7 asked about McSorley and his words were "IF God forbid something happened to Lamar..."

Rob Long got indignant and unnecessarily confrontational.

"Lemme ask you something why are you askin' that question?  Why are YOU askin' that question?"

On ‎11‎/‎18‎/‎2019 at 9:35 AM, Tony-OH said:

You should make another poll and ask now. Betcha the poll switches around.

Very nice..... @Tony-OH and @Aglets called the "MVP in the making" part. Hopefully the latter will follow. 

23 minutes ago, ChrisP said:

Very nice..... @Tony-OH and @Aglets called the "MVP in the making" part. Hopefully the latter will follow. 

I'd love to be a soothsayer, but I voted that the other day before realizing this was an old poll so I can't take any credit. I'd love to see that poll put out now though! :D

• Upvote 2

45 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

I'd love to be a soothsayer, but I voted that the other day before realizing this was an old poll so I can't take any credit. I'd love to see that poll put out now though! :D

#MeToo

I cannot tell a lie.  Always put an end date on your polls folks!   ;)

• Upvote 3

I picked MVP mainly because Greg Roman is a great offensive coordinator and the whole team was built around his skill set. Bringing in Mark Ingram only raised that ceiling. Plus you have Hollywood brown and an offensive line that grew a little more this year.