Sign in to follow this  
interloper

Roch: Caleb will not be back, "guaranteed"

4 hours ago, esmd said:

And shame on all of you for not recognizing the greatness that was Taylor Teagarden.

Roider.

13 hours ago, esmd said:

And shame on all of you for not recognizing the greatness that was Taylor Teagarden.

Buck’s son. In his first game with the O’s he hit a walk off homer. Just part of the magic that was 2012. 

https://www.baseball-reference.com/boxes/BAL/BAL201207140.shtml

Edited by sportsfan8703

2 hours ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Buck’s son. In his first game with the O’s he hit a walk off homer. Just part of the magic that was 2012. 

Teagarden was incredibly clutch* in '12.  He hit .158 in 64 PAs but was 6th on the team in WPA.  He was completely awful, but somehow he had like five huge, key, hits.

* Just to be clear this is describing his performance, not his ability.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, sportsfan8703 said:

He also had a big late inning (7th, I think?) double to the wall in right-center in a game I was at that drove in a couple runs and tied a game that we ended up winning in extra's....I think it might've been against the Yankees....so that's two things to drink to in his memory, lol....

47 minutes ago, Curse of the Bamdino said:

Lenny Sakata needs a spot in this hierarchy on principle alone.

0.00 catchers ERA.  😁

1 hour ago, DrungoHazewood said:

Teagarden was incredibly clutch* in '12.  He hit .158 in 64 PAs but was 6th on the team in WPA.  He was completely awful, but somehow he had like five huge, key, hits.

* Just to be clear this is describing his performance, not his ability.

Taylor Teagarden in 2012 as an Oriole

Team Record in Appearances14-8 / in Starts: 10-5

Longest Hitting Streak2 games

Longest On Base Streak2 games

Most Games w/o HR12 games

Most Games w/o RBI8 games

Grand SlamsNo bases loaded PA

Go-Ahead Hits:4

Taylor Teagarden in 2013 as an Oriole

Team Record in Appearances7-16 / in Starts: 5-13

Longest Hitting Streak3 games

Longest On Base Streak4 games

Most Games w/o HR11 games

Most Games w/o RBI9 games

Grand Slams0 in 1 bases loaded PA and 1 AB

Go-Ahead Hits:0

Edited by thezeroes
added 2013 snapshot

17 hours ago, esmd said:

Taylor Teagarden is not a baseball name.

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

It's an attractive female name for sure.  If I was talking to a girl and she was like "...Oh yeah, my friend Taylor Teagarden is coming along too,"  I'd automatically be stoked.

Taylor Teagarden and Hayden Penn are both way out of your league.  And mine too.

• Upvote 3

19 minutes ago, DrungoHazewood said:

Taylor Teagarden and Hayden Penn are both way out of your league.  And mine too.

I dont know. I’ve seen some of the Moose’s fotos. 

On 2/11/2019 at 7:17 PM, TheOtherRipken said:

Yes! With that sweet Caleb money freed up we could re-sign Geronimo Gil.

Who was the player that got burned in a tanning salon? He wasn't very good. 

• Haha 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

Orioles Information

Orioles News and Information

Daily Organizational Boxscores

News

Tony's Takes

Orioles Roster Resource

Orioles Prospect Information

2018 End of Season Top 30 Prospects List

Prospect Scouting Reports

Statistics

2019 Orioles Stats

2019 Orioles Minor League Stats

Baseball Savant Stats

• If you think trading Villar for scraps is a good idea (which is the same thing as "cash dumping" Jim Johnson, btw), then non-tendering him really isn't a big leap from there and it likely has the same end result. My point in all of this has been that non-tendering Villar to save money isn't some preposterous outcome. It's very defensible, and it's possible that no other team wants to touch him at his arb-salary while giving up anything of potential future value in return.
    • I think Luke's pretty high on Cumberland.  But other than that I generally agree with your take.
    • Major leagues definitely needs the minor leagues.  Players don't go from college straight to MLB.  Scrimmages are not going to make you major league ready.  It would cost them even more money to have games without fans. Plus how much would it cost to shuttle players back  and forth from Florida to say Detroit?   I think you are truly under estimating the value minor league baseball provides to MLB. I think this is all about the lawsuit from minor league players saying they are being paid below minimum wage.  I guess a simpler solution is lower the amount of bonuses you pay drafted players and increase salaries.  That would make the pay more equitable.  And provide housing for the players.  And cater their food.     
    • I hate to ruin this guy’s narrative, but Kevin Goldstein is hardly one of the “young finance and Wall Street bros.”    I don’t know exactly how old he is, but he’s got a 21-year old son, and so far as I know, he has no background on Wall Street or finance, having previously been a long-standing scouting guru for Baseball Prospectus.   And, he didn’t “immediately” send out his email after getting hired; he’d been working for the Astros for 5 years at that point.   
    • Just based on the eye test, this is the best team in football.  They are a more complete team than anyone else.  You do worry about Jackson getting injured, but I think every player other than Brady (somehow, in spite of his middle age) is susceptible to injury at any given time.  Just looking at the schedule, I think the Ravens will get the 2 seed.  It isn't that they can't win their last 6, because they can.  I just don't think New England is losing any more games.  The Patriots are not the Patriots of old and their final 15-1 record will be more indicative of their fortunate scheduling (having Dallas and KC at home helps a lot, as does 6 games against a pathetic division).  The Chiefs are not beating the Ravens twice, especially if the game is in Baltimore.  And no other AFC team is capable of winning in New England in January.  So I think it comes down to yet another Ravens-Patriots showdown in Mass.  The good news is this may be the only franchise not scared of the Patriots "aura and mystique," but they will have to beat them twice.  Hard to do. 
    • So baseball want in increase their fanbase and tweak the game, and keep current fans, bring back old fans, and attract new fans. So you go and screw with everybody minor league system.  
    • My granddaddy shot a 72 on his 72nd birthday. I shot a 60 back on my 60th, those rotating ducks was no match for me.
  • Popular Contributors