Sign in to follow this  
interloper

Roch: Caleb will not be back, "guaranteed"

4 hours ago, esmd said:

And shame on all of you for not recognizing the greatness that was Taylor Teagarden.

Roider.

13 hours ago, esmd said:

And shame on all of you for not recognizing the greatness that was Taylor Teagarden.

Buck’s son. In his first game with the O’s he hit a walk off homer. Just part of the magic that was 2012. 

https://www.baseball-reference.com/boxes/BAL/BAL201207140.shtml

Edited by sportsfan8703

2 hours ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Buck’s son. In his first game with the O’s he hit a walk off homer. Just part of the magic that was 2012. 

Teagarden was incredibly clutch* in '12.  He hit .158 in 64 PAs but was 6th on the team in WPA.  He was completely awful, but somehow he had like five huge, key, hits.

* Just to be clear this is describing his performance, not his ability.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, sportsfan8703 said:

He also had a big late inning (7th, I think?) double to the wall in right-center in a game I was at that drove in a couple runs and tied a game that we ended up winning in extra's....I think it might've been against the Yankees....so that's two things to drink to in his memory, lol....

47 minutes ago, Curse of the Bamdino said:

Lenny Sakata needs a spot in this hierarchy on principle alone.

0.00 catchers ERA.  😁

1 hour ago, DrungoHazewood said:

Teagarden was incredibly clutch* in '12.  He hit .158 in 64 PAs but was 6th on the team in WPA.  He was completely awful, but somehow he had like five huge, key, hits.

* Just to be clear this is describing his performance, not his ability.

Taylor Teagarden in 2012 as an Oriole

Team Record in Appearances14-8 / in Starts: 10-5

Longest Hitting Streak2 games

Longest On Base Streak2 games

Most Games w/o HR12 games

Most Games w/o RBI8 games

Grand SlamsNo bases loaded PA

Go-Ahead Hits:4

Taylor Teagarden in 2013 as an Oriole

Team Record in Appearances7-16 / in Starts: 5-13

Longest Hitting Streak3 games

Longest On Base Streak4 games

Most Games w/o HR11 games

Most Games w/o RBI9 games

Grand Slams0 in 1 bases loaded PA and 1 AB

Go-Ahead Hits:0

Edited by thezeroes
added 2013 snapshot

17 hours ago, esmd said:

Taylor Teagarden is not a baseball name.

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

It's an attractive female name for sure.  If I was talking to a girl and she was like "...Oh yeah, my friend Taylor Teagarden is coming along too,"  I'd automatically be stoked.

Taylor Teagarden and Hayden Penn are both way out of your league.  And mine too.

• Upvote 3

19 minutes ago, DrungoHazewood said:

Taylor Teagarden and Hayden Penn are both way out of your league.  And mine too.

I dont know. I’ve seen some of the Moose’s fotos. 

On 2/11/2019 at 7:17 PM, TheOtherRipken said:

Yes! With that sweet Caleb money freed up we could re-sign Geronimo Gil.

Who was the player that got burned in a tanning salon? He wasn't very good. 

• Haha 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

Orioles Information

Orioles News and Information

Daily Organizational Boxscores

News

Tony's Takes

Orioles Roster Resource

Orioles Prospect Information

2018 End of Season Top 30 Prospects List

Prospect Scouting Reports

Statistics

2019 Orioles Stats

2019 Orioles Minor League Stats

Baseball Savant Stats

• No, at the end of the day Villar put up a 4 win season.
    • One of the two. Both would be extremely optimistic. Even though the Reds have a weak game system and Villar seems like a really good fit.  Tendering Villar is an easy choice. It might take some stones, but not really.  We’re just going to have to see what happens with Didi.  At the end of the day Villar is a 4 WAR SS.  For any team out there looking for a SS, would you rather have Villar for 1/10 or Gregorious for at least 3/42?  That’s if the Yankees don’t want to bring Didi back, or then you have to outbid them. That’s also if you can attract a FA to your team. 
    • Yes — pretty sad.   
    • The one that stands out to me is that a guy primarily used in relief accumulated the most WAR among the pitchers.
    • Cumulative totals Record: 755-865 Runs scored: 7,034 Runs allowed: 7,774 Pythagorean record: 729-891 Most games played:  Adam Jones 1,362 Most plate appearances: Adam Jones, 5,808 Most hits: Adam Jones, 1,521 Most home runs: Chris Davis, 253 Highest WAR: Manny Machado, 31.0. Most innings: Chris Tillman, 1080 Most starts: Chris Tillman, 193 Most wins: Chris Tillman, 72 Most appearances: Darren O’Day, 391 Most saves: Zach Britton, 139 Highest pitcher WAR: Zach Britton, 13.7  
    • Juvier had a 6-89 stretch in the equivalent league as Delmarva.  Still I wouldn’t be against it.  Here’s some other SS available Reds: Alfredo Rodriguez, SS (No. 18) - The Reds gave Rodriguez $7 million to sign out of Cuba in 2016 with the hopes he’d be their future big league shortstop. He could defend in the big leagues right now, but he hasn’t hit consistently. There’s little impact with the bat, though he is coming off his best offensive season, hitting .286/.325/.347 in Double-A to earn a late promotion up a level. Angels: Leonardo Rivas, SS/2B (No. 25) - Rivas can run and he can defend, and he even added the outfield to his resume in 2019. Speed and versatility is a combination that can make for an intriguing Rule 5 pick, but he’s struggled to hit consistently (.252/.380/.362), albeit with solid on-base skills From https://www.mlb.com/news/top-prospects-in-the-2019-rule-5-draft?t=mlb-pipeline-coverage
    • List of some of the available Rule 5 players.  The list offers explanations of why guys were unprotected, https://www.mlb.com/news/top-prospects-in-the-2019-rule-5-draft?t=mlb-pipeline-coverage  - Zach Brown was his stuff and command decline all while nearly doubling his BB/9 - Juvier had a 6-89 stretch over 25 games in A ball.  After reading some more I think I’d want Jordan Sheffield then have us take two fliers on position players. I like a couple of the defense first SS that played in AA but have questions about their bat. Just going with the theory that they didn’t get to play with the juiced ball and they can at least handle the position defensively.  My wish list would be, - Dodgers: Jordan Sheffield, RHP (No. 26) - Reds: Alfredo Rodriguez, SS (No. 18) - The Reds gave Rodriguez $7 million to sign out of Cuba in 2016 with the hopes he’d be their future big league shortstop - One of the 3B, COF bats available. Santana from LAD or Moises Gomez from TB. 
  • Popular Contributors