Greg Pappas

NEWS: Joe Flacco Traded to Broncos

12 hours ago, Camden_yardbird said:

I agree.  He needs to make the team and compete to be the starter.  But the job of the backup is to make sure the starter is ready and if that include mentoring then he should be doing that or not be in the league.  So if he makes the team as the backup then his job bnb is to mentor.

Flacco is the starter 

Flacco looked good the other night against San Francisco.   He threw a 45 yard pass to Sanders which was called back due to a holding penalty.   Nice to see what Joe can still do with receivers who know how to catch the ball.  Of course the next play was 3rd and 24 and Joe dumped it off to his TE for a gain of only 11.   

On 8/20/2019 at 5:18 PM, SouthRider said:

Flacco looked good the other night against San Francisco.   He threw a 45 yard pass to Sanders which was called back due to a holding penalty.   Nice to see what Joe can still do with receivers who know how to catch the ball.  Of course the next play was 3rd and 24 and Joe dumped it off to his TE for a gain of only 11.   

The ole go to dump off on 3rd and long.  I hope he does well this season.  

10 hours ago, atomic said:

The ole go to dump off on 3rd and long.  I hope he does well this season.  

To Ben Watson, on the last play of the season...

That was the last straw for me.

1 hour ago, backwardsk said:

So, for those who didn’t want to lose Flacco, would you be willing to trade Denver a 4th rounder to get him back?

Lol. One of the funniest things to me recently has been Mahomes scoring more fantasy points Thursday night than Flacco. He’s been surprisingly bad. Shame cause Denver has a fairly solid team otherwise. Drew Lock is due back from injury soon. Have to think we are seeing the last of Flacco as a starter in the coming weeks.

6 hours ago, wd40 said:

Lol. One of the funniest things to me recently has been Mahomes scoring more fantasy points Thursday night than Flacco. He’s been surprisingly bad. Shame cause Denver has a fairly solid team otherwise. Drew Lock is due back from injury soon. Have to think we are seeing the last of Flacco as a starter in the coming weeks.

I watched the KC/Denver game and Denver’s line was putrid. I understand the Joe hate to a point. But to call Denver’s line solid is pretty ridiculous.

12 hours ago, Roll Tide said:

I watched the KC/Denver game and Denver’s line was putrid. I understand the Joe hate to a point. But to call Denver’s line solid is pretty ridiculous.

To a point?  If another certain QB performed that way you would be all over him.  

I watched the entire game also.  Yes, Denver's O-line was terrible; but Joe was terrible also.  He had three fumbles and took nine sacks!  On one play he stood there waiting for an open receiver, ultimately taking a sack while there was a clear open lane for him to run two yards for a first down.  On another,  he made Lindsay visibly upset by dumping the ball to him right in front of a defender.   Lindsay was blown up on the play for a five yard loss.  Denver generated no offense whatsoever.   Joe was his typical self,  checking down on third and long all game long.  The uproar to bench Flacco  in favor of Allen is loud in Denver.   I am sure when Lock can be activated off IR after week eight he will be the starter.    

I feel bad for Joe.  He remains one of my all time favorite Ravens.  He showed his usual character and professionalism during the post game press conference.  A lot of today's NFL divas would have ducked out after a performance like that.