Greg Pappas

NEWS: Joe Flacco Traded to Broncos

2 hours ago, Can_of_corn said:

I almost want to splurge for a paid account just so I can give this post a trophy or a heart or something

What makes me so mad about Flacco is watching Roethlisberger sit down with Rudolph to help the team win games.  I didnt like the risk averseness (3 yard passes to Watson on 4th and 15 to end the season).  But it was really how petty he was sitting on the sidelines when he was replaced that really lost me.

And yes I understand there is a small difference between injury and replacement.

8 hours ago, Camden_yardbird said:

What makes me so mad about Flacco is watching Roethlisberger sit down with Rudolph to help the team win games.  I didnt like the risk averseness (3 yard passes to Watson on 4th and 15 to end the season).  But it was really how petty he was sitting on the sidelines when he was replaced that really lost me.

And yes I understand there is a small difference between injury and replacement.

Ben is injured and Will resume his starter role upon his return. Joe was benched off god injury. Big difference 

Rudolph was a mid round pick. Jackson first rounder. Joe was miffed by the selection as opposed to getting him more help.

This years offensive skill players as a group are far superior to anything Joe had during his time here

5 minutes ago, Roll Tide said:

Ben is injured and Will resume his starter role upon his return. Joe was benched off god injury. Big difference 

Rudolph was a mid round pick. Jackson first rounder. Joe was miffed by the selection as opposed to getting him more help.

This years offensive skill players as a group are far superior to anything Joe had during his time here

Hahaha.  Still keeping up with that "they never supported Joe" line?  Joe this year had the offensive rookie of the year, a stud young WR, a top 20 WR over the last 10 years and a 1st round TE...and did nothing.

Ray Rice in his prime was better than Ingram.  He had a top OL in the league with Osemele, Yanda.  He had Anquan near prime, he had Mason near prime, he had Smith near Prime.  Torrey Smith in his prime.  Dennis Pitta, Todd Heap.  

You think maybe these skill position players look a little better because the QB is better?

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Camden_yardbird said:

Hahaha.  Still keeping up with that "they never supported Joe" line?  Joe this year had the offensive rookie of the year, a stud young WR, a top 20 WR over the last 10 years and a 1st round TE...and did nothing.

Ray Rice in his prime was better than Ingram.  He had a top OL in the league with Osemele, Yanda.  He had Anquan near prime, he had Mason near prime, he had Smith near Prime.  Torrey Smith in his prime.  Dennis Pitta, Todd Heap.  

You think maybe these skill position players look a little better because the QB is better?

Yeah and a putrid offensive line. He’s been sacked like 30 times. 

Talk about a hater!

11 minutes ago, Camden_yardbird said:

And Lamar is not a superior passer. He has the run option that creates more opportunities because defenses have to spy on him. 

I hope the Ravens continue to win. But be realistic about what we have. 

If you want to argue how bad Joe is get back to me when Lamar wins a Super Bowl. Until then quit spouting your crap 

Idiotic logic. Let me know when Dan Marino wins a super bowl, then we can talk about him being as good as Flacco.

It's not about what Joe has been.  It's about what Joe is now.   Flacco, Dalton, Fitzpatrick... these guys are all probably done after this year.  Father Time is undefeated.   

2 hours ago, Camden_yardbird said:

Andrews is better than Heap. Joe never had a #1 and I suspect Brown will be the best Ravens receiver ever. Boldin, and Smith were old when they got here and Torrey was a good #2. 

2 hours ago, dorfmac said:

Idiotic logic. Let me know when Dan Marino wins a super bowl, then we can talk about him being as good as Flacco.

No it's not ...bash Joe and Lamar's the greatest is so old here it's not funny. 

Joe had a good run with playoff 10-6 including a Super Bowl. Lamar has a long way to go just to have that many playoff games not to mention winnng the big game. 

Joe's done and likely on his way out ....but to pretend that Denver is stacked is ludicrous. Their line sucks worse than any Joe played behind here. 

11 hours ago, Roll Tide said:

No it's not ...bash Lamar and a million excuses for Joe is so old here it's not funny. 

It is funny how when the conversation if completely about Flacco you try to support your argument in defense of Joe by bashing Lamar who wasn't even in the conversation.

Btw Boldin wasn't really old when he came here, he was 30, and when he left here he was 33 and had the best year of his career since he was 29. 

I think it's pretty hard to argue that a lot of Lamar's success this year is because of the new talent around him.   The new #1 draft pick WR has played in 5 games and caught 21 passes.     Both he and Lamar both probably have some stat inflation going on from Week 1.

Andrews has been decent but I'm not yet convinced he is a better TE than what Joe had in the good years.  Ingram has been solid sure.    But I think it also needs to be said that when you have a QB that has a higher Yards / Rush than any other player in the league that kind of elevates everyone else around him because you are forcing the defense to gameplan differently.

Is Lamar the most accurate passer in the league?  No, and he likely never will be.  Is he significantly improved from what we saw in 2018?  Yes, and that should encourage us all.   You can choose to focus on his shortcomings or you can focus on the things he can do that NO OTHER QB in the league can do.   Any honest conversation about him has to account for both sides.

Why can't we all just enjoy the fact that we have an MVP candidate right now under center for the first time in....................... forever?

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2019/10/25/nfl-mvp-aaron-rodgers-russell-wilson-lamar-jackson/4089756002/

3 hours ago, Brian88 said:

It is funny how when the conversation if completely about Flacco you try to support your argument in defense of Joe by bashing Lamar who wasn't even in the conversation.

Btw Boldin wasn't really old when he came here, he was 30, and when he left here he was 33 and had the best year of his career since he was 29. 

The poster and I have discussed Joe and Lamar in several threads. He is pro Lamar and bashes Flacco at every opportunity. And the two are constantly intertwined. If you look back I mentioned the difference between Ben R working with Rudolph and Hodges and Joe sitting alone on the bench. We discussed the very different circumstances of the two situations. 

On your second point..., The average length of an NFL career is 3.3 years and the average age is 26. So 30 is indeed on the back side of the career and not in his prime 

On 10/27/2019 at 9:17 PM, dorfmac said:

I almost want to splurge for a paid account just so I can give this post a trophy or a heart or something

Flacco was in that situation because they ran a dumb play to get the other team to burn a timeout before punting it away. The Flacco play there at the end required him to throw a ball where they player could get 30-35 yards and get out of bounds.

Flacco got hit with less than 17 seconds on the clock needing 75 yards. I like that Joe said something about a stupid play call. The Broncos offensive weapons just aren't very good. Flacco does look done, but his comments weren't wrong.