Frobby

Hyde puts his own stamp on spring training

2 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

It'd concern me if Luis Ysla was on the team in the regular season.

I get that, but guys up and down in the bullpen, is not a good managerial habit to get into.

On 3/2/2019 at 5:33 PM, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

He hosted one of his shows here last summer, too.  I think it was Eddie who guest appeared on it with him.  Too bad it got canceled; I always thought it was pretty good and different from the standard sports talk shows.

7 hours ago, Redskins Rick said:

I get that, but guys up and down in the bullpen, is not a good managerial habit to get into.

I would not take away anything from the  bullpen management Hyde employs during in the spring.

On 2/14/2019 at 8:58 PM, Can_of_corn said:

I appreciate bands reaching beyond the prevailing structure they find themselves in.

I appreciate bands being able to laugh at themselves.

NOFX it is!

Glory Days - "He can throw that speed ball by you..."  I hate that line.  It's a fastball.  A speedball is a mix of coke and heroin not a baseball pitch.  What the hell was Bruce thinking when he wrote that line.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

I saw Gwar in 2006 at the 9:30 club and it was a defining concert experience. Lots of fake decapitations, giant dinosaurs, and hundreds of gallons of blood. I've never listened to a single second of a Gwar record but if you ever get a chance to see them in person, it will change your life.

Just now, Enjoy Terror said:

I saw Gwar in 2006 at the 9:30 club and it was a defining concert experience. Lots of fake decapitations, giant dinosaurs, and hundreds of gallons of blood. I've never listened to a single second of a Gwar record but if you ever get a chance to see them in person, it will change your life.

Pass.  

4 minutes ago, Enjoy Terror said:

Darkest of the Hillside Thickets used to open for them on occasion.

35 minutes ago, NCRaven said:

Glory Days - "He can throw that speed ball by you..."  I hate that line.  It's a fastball.  A speedball is a mix of coke and heroin not a baseball pitch.  What the hell was Bruce thinking when he wrote that line.

Maybe he was on a speed ball when he wrote that line? 🤔

1 hour ago, NCRaven said:

https://www.truthdig.com/articles/born-to-run/

In the video for his Oscar-winning song “Philadelphia,” he strolls through the Italian section of South Philly where my father grew up. Bruce and I both spent our early teens in a New Jersey obsessed with rock ’n’ roll — an AM radio paradise — and baseball. (In a great Vulture piece, Caryn Rose quibbled with Bruce’s lyrics in “Glory Days”: “It’s called fast ball, not speed ball.” Actually, Caryn, it isn’t, or at least it wasn’t. In Old Bridge, New Jersey, when Joe Casamento blew one by me in 1964, we called it a speed ball.)
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, NCRaven said:

Well, only in Jersey.  Everywhere else in the universe, fastball.

Is that also where they say "waiting on line" instead of "waiting in line"?

And "have a catch" instead of "play catch"?

Strange place, that Jersey.

• Haha 1

On 3/4/2019 at 3:38 PM, NCRaven said:

I sure didn't know that. Well not a fan of Bruce at all.