Camden_yardbird

Chris Davis 2019 and beyond

If the problem with Davis is mental more than anything mechanical (and the jury is out on that), I tend to think the rebuild might be exactly what he needs. It takes a lot of pressure off his shoulders if we’re not even remotely expected to be competitive. Maybe he can loosen up and not overthink everything. You’re going to lose 100 games. Just enjoy playing baseball.

5 minutes ago, InsideCoroner said:

If the problem with Davis is mental more than anything mechanical (and the jury is out on that), I tend to think the rebuild might be exactly what he needs. It takes a lot of pressure off his shoulders if we’re not even remotely expected to be competitive. Maybe he can loosen up and not overthink everything. You’re going to lose 100 games. Just enjoy playing baseball.

His rapidly declining foot speed and extreme difficulty handling velocity to point a substantial portion of the issue being physical.

31 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

His rapidly declining foot speed and extreme difficulty handling velocity to point a substantial portion of the issue being physical.

I concur, but I’ll leave it to the professionals to judge that and to consider if there is anything that can be done to compensate.  

On 12/5/2018 at 10:22 PM, higgybaby said:

I'm sorry but If he's completely changed his approach at the plate he's not going to put it out there for the public and the opposing pitchers to know what those changes are. 

LOL.   Yeah, he's our secret weapon, we have to keep him hidden!   Don't want those other teams to get wind of the miraculous transformation.

Honestly, if he has done something huge to change his approach, wouldn't it be obvious to scouts and observers after about 10 games in Sarasota?   Not results, but an altered stance or approach at the plate?

• Haha 1

Just now, SteveA said:

LOL.   Yeah, he's our secret weapon, we have to keep him hidden!   Don't want those other teams to get wind of the miraculous transformation.

Honestly, if he has done something huge to change his approach, wouldn't it be obvious to scouts and observers after about 10 games in Sarasota?   Not results, but an altered stance or approach at the plate?

Keep on believing that players like to broadcast their approach to opposing teams and pitchers.  😂 

On 12/5/2018 at 11:38 PM, 24fps said:

Most people aren't looking for details, just confirmation that he's working as hard as he can to fix what's wrong.  

An instagram of him flexing. Something. 

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, TonySoprano said:

This must have been an interesting conversation.  😎

“If you’ll slip him a few more million, I’ll try to get him to take some batting practice this winter even though that’s not in his contract.”

My guess is Elias showed Boras some analytical numbers that prove in fact when you leave the bat on your shoulder and do not swing, you do in fact have a 0% chance to actually get a base hit.   

I wonder if Elias/Mejdal have had the time to do anything beyond acknowledging that Davis needs to be fixed.  I would be surprised if they have.  Maybe make it a Brady/Boras problem.  Yeah, I'd pay to see that. 

I wonder if this thread keeps going until 2037 ,  the year we finally finish paying Davis' contract off. 😄

3 hours ago, Natty said:

I wonder if this thread keeps going until 2037 ,  the year we finally finish paying Davis' contract off. 😄

Right now it is like beating a dead horse.